AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Will purchasing a SYBIAN increase my tips?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2013
profiles.myfreecams.com
Hey, I am a cam model on MFC. I have been camming for about 4 months now and really enjoy it. BUT i feel like i need to change things up. I am thinking of purchasing a Sybian and would really like to know, FOR REAL, does it increase tips? Thanks so much!!

Cricket

Cricket__ said:
Hey, I am a cam model on MFC. I have been camming for about 4 months now and really enjoy it. BUT i feel like i need to change things up. I am thinking of purchasing a Sybian and would really like to know, FOR REAL, does it increase tips? Thanks so much!!

Cricket

That all depends on what you do with it.

"Will purchasing a hammer, hammer my nails in" no.

A sybian is a tool. An expensive tool.
Along with fuck machines, monkey rockers, dildoes, buttplugs, etc. All these toys will help you appeal to some types of members if you use them in shows.

But if you use them in a 'wrong' way (ie... your marketing is not great, your show is boring, your cam feed sucks etc) then I can't imagine they'd help much.

If you're looking for a quick fix - a simple toy - is not it.

All that said: My sybian has been a great purchase but I did get it cheap.
I also love my fuck machine. I think if I had to choose the fuck machine has a broader appeal and more versatlity I'd pick my fuck machine.

Deleted your duplicate thread. :)

Purchasing things doesn't increase your income. Its how you present/promote yourself and what you'll do with the things you'll purchase. A sybian is one of those toys doesn't show much "action" and is more about your pleasure and the way you convey it. If you aren't good at projecting your pleasure to the viewers, it'll be a waste.

Hey thanks girls. I wanted to do the whole sybian torture thing...tip to speed up tip to slow down...etc. I was just concerned that because it doesn't show enough action as say the shockspot. But after doing hours of perving on y'all I see that the shockspot seems to bring in mass amounts of people but not a lot of tips...The sybian DOES seem to bring in more tips...I guess i'm just petrified of spending 1400 dollars on something...I'm fairly new and don't know if it takes a CROWD to even start a sybian show...Does any of this make sense? hehehe

XXXX
Cricket

Cricket__ said:
Hey thanks girls. I wanted to do the whole sybian torture thing...tip to speed up tip to slow down...etc. I was just concerned that because it doesn't show enough action as say the shockspot. But after doing hours of perving on y'all I see that the shockspot seems to bring in mass amounts of people but not a lot of tips...The sybian DOES seem to bring in more tips...I guess i'm just petrified of spending 1400 dollars on something...I'm fairly new and don't know if it takes a CROWD to even start a sybian show...Does any of this make sense? hehehe

XXXX
Cricket

depends on the type of guys you have.
Have you tried a speed up /slow down style show with a hitachi say?

I make more income off my shockspot honestly. Between vid sales, setting high countdowns for it, and private shows where members can control it... its a popular thing that brings crowds to my room and then I do specials on vids during the show to keep the show moving, or "tip for dirty talk/name moaning"

Cricket__ said:
Can you get used shockspots? Or is that just unsanitary and not appropriate?

I would just buy a brand new dildo for it. Any dildo with a Vac-U-Lock attatchment will work.

Its very easy to take apart and clean thoroughly (im a squirter so i wipe mine down with bleach and a rag every week, and take it apart one a month for this)

Reactions: Cricket__
Hey and one more quick question...now that i am comparing sex machines...Why is it better to get the shockspot as compared to say a regular fuck machine? They all seem to be around the same volts and all that jazz...I know you can have others control the shock through the computer...is that why it is better? Thanks you!

Cricket__ said:
Hey and one more quick question...now that i am comparing sex machines...Why is it better to get the shockspot as compared to say a regular fuck machine? They all seem to be around the same volts and all that jazz...I know you can have others control the shock through the computer...is that why it is better? Thanks you!
It's only "better" if it suits your needs better.

Cricket__ said:

I've tried a couple of fuck machines. The reason I'm happy with my shockspot is the following:

I can pre program it for my videos. Like i can make it start out slow, then speed up then slow then deep then whatever.. for how long... its basically like I can set it all up in advance and not have to mess with the controls during the video (or the show if i was so incline)

There are a LOT of different controls

The option to have them remote control it brings in more income. NOTE though - it doesnt have this capability on its own - you MUST have a desktop controlling software (like logmein) that lets the user have remote control of a desktop. This will need to be a different comptuer than the one you're broadcasting from - so this means that you will need a separate laptop/computer, and you must be prepared to pay for a desktop control software.. (i think i pay $60 a year)

The variety of angles it can reach - some machines I see are really very basic thrusting things. This I can stand over, lay on my back, doggy, doggy leaning over something (so that its thrusting up into me - like i was sitting on a guys lap) i can stick my legs over my head and my ass in the air and have it literally drilling down into me. This means for more variety with shows.

Its possible to do a tip controlled show with it - on the premise that say - "20tks = faster, 21tks = slower, 10 tks = deeper 11 tks -shallower, and perhaps tips for maxing it out or killing it"

Its super easy to clean. I get a lot of ..er.. fluids everywhere.

Its easy to travel with (15lbs) however this lightness does have a downside in that when I cum the machine sort of..walks out of me. *blush*
It has a LARGE variety of dildoes available for it - which means I can vary this also..and its comfy to take in my ass or deep throat.

Oh and the support is awesome for it! They are a husband/wife team from what I gather - and like when you call support, you are calling their house. They always get back with me super fast, and understand what camming is and such. I remember watching Scarlet Raven calling the support guy at like 10pm at night on cam live one time cos she had lost her software disk and was trying to download it or something hahah

Nothing to add other than I like all of the machines mentioned. I also find the thread educational, entertaining, and erotic, carry on. :twocents-02cents:

You just figured my whole life out for me. Seriously. I have been stressing about this so much my hair is falling out. (shit happens) There is no freaking way i can drop money on a new computer as well. I'm a 3k cam hoe right now girrrrrrrrrrl. :hand: Hahaha. I had NO idea that was needed. I would have got it in the mail and been so sad. But you also made me think about whats better for my kind of shows, and a fuck machine is definitely best. Videos, etc, also adding the hitachi for other tip-options...I did some research and the PROBE seems to be alright...its nothing compared to the Shock but it will do the job and I can see how it goes without spending my life savings. You were so helpful tonight i can't thank you enough. Ill see you soon when I perv on your face.

xxxxxxxxxx
Cricket

Cricket__ said:
You just figured my whole life out for me. Seriously. I have been stressing about this so much my hair is falling out. (shit happens) There is no freaking way i can drop money on a new computer as well. I'm a 3k cam hoe right now girrrrrrrrrrl. :hand: Hahaha. I had NO idea that was needed. I would have got it in the mail and been so sad. But you also made me think about whats better for my kind of shows, and a fuck machine is definitely best. Videos, etc, also adding the hitachi for other tip-options...I did some research and the PROBE seems to be alright...its nothing compared to the Shock but it will do the job and I can see how it goes without spending my life savings. You were so helpful tonight i can't thank you enough. Ill see you soon when I perv on your face.

xxxxxxxxxx
Cricket

I think i had a 3-4 k camscore when I fundriased for my fuck machine.

Get your guys involved so its not just a big purchase you make on your own. YOu may find some of them tip more generously if they knwo they will get your first vid with your new machine, or their name ON the machine if they win a raffle etc etc.

Cricket__ said:

Some machines are just not worth the money, even though they may be less expensive. Sybian, shockspot...they tend to last it seems. Some others not so much.

There's one machine I've seen 3 different models buy and all of them were broke within 2 months. The good stuff has thick steel construction with nuts and bolts or solid weld joints. Cheap stuff has thinner aluminum, cheaply done spot welding, less powerful motors... there's a lot of corners that can be cut on the bargain equipment.

I don't want to give out the name of the one i've seen break.

Oh look, how did this link get here?
http://www.amazon.com/Caesar-Love-Machine-110V-Pink/dp/B001P4EVBO/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_9

I'm waiting for Sophia Locke to comment because she's also huge on tip-torture sybian shows.

Reactions: SophiaLocke
While I enjoy my Sybian and have done what I would consider epic shows with it I actually think my Monkey Rocker was a better investment. It shows 'action' more, it's quiet (my neighbors appreciate that!), and in general I think my viewers tend to enjoy it more. Don't get me wrong, they are both great toys but if I had to choose one I would choose my Monkey Rocker.

I've only ever seen Sophia Locke's Sybian shows. They're a lot of fun, but I think that has less to do with the Sybian and more to do with Sophia being entertaining. She just happens to be riding a Sybian while she's doing it. They can definitely inspire folk to tip (to speed the machine up, slow it down, etc). There's an interactive element there where members can legitimately feel like their tokens are contributing to the model's orgasm (or the model's prolonged sexual frustration, depending on what they're tipping for). Which is cool.

But whether or not it's a worthy investment will (I imagine) come down to how you use the Sybian in your shows, and how entertaining you are in the process. If you feel like you can make it work, you should go for it. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: AllisonWilder
Personally I think Lolli's right … the fuck machine is more fun to watch visually, and the shockspot + remote access software is amazing in privates. I really need to fuck Lacey via shockspot again sometime. :)

Sybian shows can be fun, but it has more to do with the model's performance (screaming, begging, facial expressions, etc.) than what the machine itself. I don't really see any difference between it and the Hitachi, personally. Tipping for high/low/off on the Hitachi can actually be more fun than just dialing the Sybian up and down a little bit. For this reason an actual Hitachi with its limited settings may be better for that kind of show than some of the knock-offs (e.g., the Fairy Wand) that have analog speed control.

Reactions: SexySeamstres
I do not know how useful Sybians are for making money, but if I was a woman I would own one. They look ridiculously pleasant to use.

764XXy5.gif

Reactions: LadyLuna and Gen
One last note to anyone reading this thread later..

If you're going to purchase a sybian I highly suggest trying a friends first.

If you like certain kinds of intense stimulation THEY ARE AMAZING
however i know several people that JUST DONT ENJOY the stimulation of the sybian.

So yeah, caution when purchasing..

Reactions: Gen
Miss_Lollipop said:

however i know several people that JUST DONT ENJOY the stimulation of the sybian.

Where do I get these friends!?!

SexySophistica said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

Where do I get these friends!?!

hahah come to my house bb???

Adult cons usually have a sybian to try at a booth.
I bring mine to play parties here sometimes to let my friends try *lol*

Reactions: SexySeamstres
Miss_Lollipop said:
hahah come to my house bb???

Adult cons usually have a sybian to try at a booth.
I bring mine to play parties here sometimes to let my friends try *lol*

On my way! I think the next adult con near me is exxxotica in October.... soooo far away! I guess I should be a good host and get one for my friends to try as well.

Miss_Lollipop said:
Cricket__ said:
Can you get used shockspots? Or is that just unsanitary and not appropriate?

I would just buy a brand new dildo for it. Any dildo with a Vac-U-Lock attatchment will work.

Its very easy to take apart and clean thoroughly (im a squirter so i wipe mine down with bleach and a rag every week, and take it apart one a month for this)

Can't believe how easy it was to find a used one: http://rochester.craigslist.org/for/3906630519.html. It's only about 3.5 hours from me if you need someone to take it for a test drive before you buy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.