AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

new and would like to know what it takes to be a cam girl

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2013
italy
Hi im new and my name is Jennifer but people call me Jen, i am trying to get into modelling both online and off but i haven't had much luck, im not sure if i have the look that people are after or not and i would like some cam-girls opinions. Also could you please tell me what its like to be a cam girl?. Im a student and i don't have much money , can you make a good amount of money out of it?

attached is a portfolio i have put together for others with a few pictures and a bit about myself, please take the time and have a look but also please be honest.

for some reason i cant attach my portfolio says the file is too large so here is my dropbox link to it

(deleted)

Re: new and would like to know what it takes to be a cam gir

Hey! I'm not sure if Jen is your real name or not but firstly, it's customary to use a fake name (or stage name!) when camming. This is for your safety...plus it's fun.

I didn't open your portfolio but there are guys out there who like EVERY look. If you look at the top models of any site, you'll see some range in looks, and girls of all kinds do this work successfully. I'm a student as well and I make good money doing this.

What it's like as a camgirl...well it really, really depends how much you put into it. If you want to work just one or two days a week, you can, or you can work a lot to try to bring in lots of money and customers. It's very self-driven so really only you can decide how much work you want to do, or need to do. I spend a lot of time making and editing videos, chatting with regulars/friends, and doing other "behind the scenes" stuff. But if you don't want to, you don't have to.

This is a good starting point:
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 15&t=14554

My antivirus picked up a trojan.

So yeah.. don't download.

BooyaaS said:
My antivirus picked up a trojan.

So yeah.. don't download.

what the hell is a trojan,

i just did a online scan here is the results

RESULTS: 0/35
AVG Free -
ArcaVir -
Avast -
AntiVir (Avira) -
BitDefender -
VirusBuster Internet Security -
Clam Antivirus -
COMODO Internet Security -
Dr.Web -
eTrust-Vet -
F-PROT Antivirus -
F-Secure Internet Security -
G Data -
IKARUS Security -
Kaspersky Antivirus -
McAfee -
MS Security Essentials -
ESET NOD32 -
Norman -
Norton Antivirus -
Panda Security -
A-Squared -
Quick Heal Antivirus -
Solo Antivirus -
Sophos -
Trend Micro Internet Security -
VBA32 Antivirus -
Zoner AntiVirus -
Ad-Aware -
BullGuard -
Immunet Antivirus -
K7 Ultimate -
NANO Antivirus -
Panda CommandLine -
VIPRE -

File Name: portfolio.rar
File Size: 2,929kb
File MD5: 5a905defc5b8659d481237864991e634
File SHA1: acbd292bfb989f3c232c87c76e623497cf24664f
Check Time: 2013-08-13 12:38:29

Scan report generated by
Scan4You.Net

See edit note on OP.

Reactions: cutiejen

You get what you put into being a cam girl. Typically, if you put in the time & effort, you'll be decently successful. I am not a top model but I make plenty to support my family (most times! lol)- & I have two kids & a slew of pets! Also part of being a cam girl is learning to accept that this job is unpredictable at times. Like right now on MFC, I'm working just as much as I normally do & still not even making half as much. it's a slow time. It sucks, but I've planned for it during the high times. As long as I keep putting in the time and effort, it will pick back up again. As a starting model, you have to be committed. You're probably not going to see a ton of money right off the bat.

Also- check out different websites. Don't get too attached to one right off the bat. Try out other sites to see if one works best for you or has a vibe you want to work with more.

That's my :twocents-02cents: good luck.

Reactions: Gen

Camming is a 100% comission job.

It is not all about looks - you will find stunning women, failing spectacularly at camming and you will find women with less to offer in traditional 'good' looks that are killing it. You'll find ladies of all ages... and body types finding ways to be successful at this.

Camming is about your ability to engage, interact, how compelling you can be, how creative you can be, as well as any special talents you can use to 'stand out'.

Your pics and portfolio mean very little to how successful you would be camming.

If you want to try it, i suggest you try a site other than MFC first, as MFC can be difficult if you need time to get your feet wet. MFC uses a camscore system which penalizes you if you dont immediately start making good money per hour.

Most camgirls need to learn new skill sets - such as video editing, photo editing, basic html and graphic creation (or be willing to find or pay for help with these).

You need the same qualities to be a successful camgirl as you need to be successful in every other business. Primarily dedication, the ability to learn and balls of steel. Most everything else is negotiable.

Reactions: Gen

GemmaMarie said:
You get what you put into being a cam girl. Typically, if you put in the time & effort, you'll be decently successful. I am not a top model but I make plenty to support my family (most times! lol)- & I have two kids & a slew of pets! Also part of being a cam girl is learning to accept that this job is unpredictable at times. Like right now on MFC, I'm working just as much as I normally do & still not even making half as much. it's a slow time. It sucks, but I've planned for it during the high times. As long as I keep putting in the time and effort, it will pick back up again. As a starting model, you have to be committed. You're probably not going to see a ton of money right off the bat.

Also- check out different websites. Don't get too attached to one right off the bat. Try out other sites to see if one works best for you or has a vibe you want to work with more.

That's my :twocents-02cents: good luck.

Though I'm not the OP, thank you for this post! I'm not trying to support my family with webcamming, especially since I have to learn more about it first, but I always wondered if it was possible. Trying to get as much information as I can before starting on MFC, because I read a good start is very important.

Reactions: AllisonWilder

A thick skin, for sure.

There are many, many guys who will love the way you look (perfect body, stretch marks, small thighs, thick thighs, small breasts, large breasts, toned stomach, soft stomach, etc), but no matter what you look like, there are going to be rude guys who feel the need to comment on something. Just remember that other people's opinion of you doesn't define you.

Impeccable work ethic and independence - no boss is there to nag you
Patience
A really thick skin
Be not-ugly, have a good personality/sense of humour, be nice without putting up with bullshit, and a halfway decent cam and connection.

A good working knowledge of basic techy stuff, internet culture, and common sense. A lot of people are going to try to mess with you. Understand how to protect your privacy online. Accept that your body and face will be out there forever.

Expect to encounter failure before things start to get amazing. Camming is not a get-rich-quick scheme. Like others said, you get out what you put in.

Thats just what I could think of off the top of my head

Status
Not open for further replies.