AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Session "Goals" in Topics

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2010
I have noticed recently that models have taken to put session token goals in their topics. Not the majority, but a fair number, and these are mostly *not* models with a large and loyal following.

Is this something more experienced models would recommend to new models?

Sevrin said:
I have noticed recently that models have taken to put session token goals in their topics. Not the majority, but a fair number, and these are mostly *not* models with a large and loyal following.

I usually dont put up the # till im close. The number is big..and scary.

Buuuut very often when I'm ending my night and I'm 1000 or 3000 away from goal... if i put it up there and say "HEY were' only this far away!" it gets people tipping!

So logging on with 10,000tks daily goal in your topic - mebe not.
But when you're 1000 away from 10k? sure...

that would be my 2c....

Miss_Lollipop said:
Sevrin said:

I usually dont put up the # till im close. The number is big..and scary.

Buuuut very often when I'm ending my night and I'm 1000 or 3000 away from goal... if i put it up there and say "HEY were' only this far away!" it gets people tipping!

So logging on with 10,000tks daily goal in your topic - mebe not.
But when you're 1000 away from 10k? sure...

that would be my 2c....
Same for me. Sometimes all it takes is letting people know that your goal is within reach. Maybe newer girls are taking note of this working for the higher CS girls and trying it themselves.

I want to also say that, that although I don't have have a high camscore (YET WOOOWHOO). I did stop doing this pretty much around the same time my camscore started going up!!

Mainly because I did not have the space in my topic--but I wonder if this is just a coincidence.

It's such a strange catch 22, or double-edge sword, or chicken/egg concept.

Ask for tips, get them from people who need reminders, upset people who don't want to be reminded that you're on cam for money.

Don't ask for tips, get tips from people who just enjoy your company, but don't get tips from people who forget that your'e requiring tokens to stay on cam.

Ask for tips, get them from people who need reminders, PISS OFF previous tippers who just tipped you for you and don't want reminders.

Don't ask for tips, make happy the people that used to tip just because you're you but can't even tip anymore because they don't buy tokens these days, but also don't get them from the people who need reminders.

WHAT'S A GIRL TO DO?

-----------

I got a reminder a couple months ago from a person who USED to be a VERY generous "just because" tipper that I was focusing too much on goals and "begging" all the time. (Even though I don't consider it begging to be goal oriented and inform people of daily/weekly/monthly goals.) It hurt my feelings that he jumped right to the conclusion that I turned into a "beggar" but I heeded his words and stopped discussing goals and reminding people to tip on a daily basis for about 7 to 8 weeks just to see if it improved anything.

These were the slowest 2 months I had in quite a while.

I don't know that that says about anything, but it's data, nonetheless.

AmberCutie said:
I got a reminder a couple months ago from a person who USED to be a VERY generous "just because" tipper that I was focusing too much on goals and "begging" all the time. (Even though I don't consider it begging to be goal oriented and inform people of daily/weekly/monthly goals.) It hurt my feelings that he jumped right to the conclusion that I turned into a "beggar" but I heeded his words and stopped discussing goals and reminding people to tip on a daily basis for about 7 to 8 weeks just to see if it improved anything.

These were the slowest 2 months I had in quite a while.

I don't know that that says about anything, but it's data, nonetheless.

You do NOT beg in your room. You are amazing at motivating your guys to tip and you really make it feel like you all succeed when they tip. I love how you phrase things, "We're only 1,200 away from this." You really focus on the fact that it's a group effort. You got ME to tip you and I'm a freeloader. :p

ComicOzzie said:
Most of the session goals I see are really large numbers, like 8,000-10,000 tokens. All I can think of is that the model has a goal of $400-$500 for that day.

Interesting---I have seen the opposite.

4k being the highest I can think of seeing.

I don't put my "session goals" in the topic anymore (expect for when its real low..500 or under) and I simply can't do another full blown show anymore..because I am to tired...but have made enough is a period short enough period of time to hang out and chat.---however..

I do put reminders of my pay period goals in the last 4 or 5 days. By then it is usual low (lower now then ever, as I have been more successful recently). I think (because I have been told) that knowing that my room feels good and positive when they know they completed or got close to completing my goal twice a month.

Team effort hell yeah!

Reactions: Sevrin
Are session goals different from countdowns? Like you'd have 500 to topless, 500 to naked, 1000 to cumshow as countdowns, or you'd have "goal for tonight: 5000 tokens!" or something?

Anyway I think it can be useful but I tend to do it more towards the end. Personally, I think that if I was perving and looking to see some hotness, I'd be most likely to tip a girl who said "400 tokens until panties off" than "3000 tokens till daily goal". Mostly because big numbers seem so daunting! I try to break down my countdowns because I think if I put "2000 tokens until show," probably a lot of people would come in and be like "fuck that, I'm not waiting that long to see something". This applies more to girls with lower camscores I suppose, because we aren't making as many tokens per hour (most of the time) so those countdowns are likely to take longer.

But sometimes after I finish up a show or whatever, I'll be like "hmm guys we are only 600 tokens from my big goal for the day/my best day EVER/a nice round number" and that sometimes helps to encourage people to help out because they want to help you hit your goals. This also gives me warm fuzzies because it tends to bring out the people who are tipping because they like you and want you to hit that milestone or get your round number or whatever, and it's always nice to be tipped just for the sake of it. But this can also be a good time to offer a video special or something.

genxoxo said:
Are session goals different from countdowns? Like you'd have 500 to topless, 500 to naked, 1000 to cumshow as countdowns, or you'd have "goal for tonight: 5000 tokens!" or something?

Anyway I think it can be useful but I tend to do it more towards the end. Personally, I think that if I was perving and looking to see some hotness, I'd be most likely to tip a girl who said "400 tokens until panties off" than "3000 tokens till daily goal". Mostly because big numbers seem so daunting! I try to break down my countdowns because I think if I put "2000 tokens until show," probably a lot of people would come in and be like "fuck that, I'm not waiting that long to see something". This applies more to girls with lower camscores I suppose, because we aren't making as many tokens per hour (most of the time) so those countdowns are likely to take longer.

But sometimes after I finish up a show or whatever, I'll be like "hmm guys we are only 600 tokens from my big goal for the day/my best day EVER/a nice round number" and that sometimes helps to encourage people to help out because they want to help you hit your goals. This also gives me warm fuzzies because it tends to bring out the people who are tipping because they like you and want you to hit that milestone or get your round number or whatever, and it's always nice to be tipped just for the sake of it. But this can also be a good time to offer a video special or something.

Your approach is a lot more likely to appeal to tippers who are new to your room. I am absolutely in favour of models bringing up a quid pro quo in their topics, whether it is something I am specifically interested in or not. There is something in it for you, and there is something in it for the tipper.

I think many, if not most average tippers really want models who have attracted us to their rooms to do well. *Really well*. We would shower you in rose petals and champagne if we could. Even if the model is new and/or less popular for whatever reason. And we wish others would tip to show appreciation, especially the beggars. With that said, being reminded constantly that you are expecting us to help cover your car payments, isn't terribly, for lack of a better word, romantic.

Thank you to everyone for your replies. And, again, I am not talking about the several dozen models who *have* large followings, their addicts, and their whales. After all, MFC is a very different place for models even half-way down the first page, than it is for models with a "#" beside their camscores.

I do think daily goals appeal more to regs that are invested in your success, than someone whose around to see 'what happens' in this room?

When I post a Shift goal rather than a countdown Its always regs that complete it.

This has been a very insightful thread! thank you for starting it.
Yeah I have noticed that I did have much better luck when I started putting a bunch of smaller goals and left out the X amount till cumshow until I got down to about 500 or so left.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Sevrin
When I'm perving and see a goal such as "10,000 goal for the day!" my mind immediately translates that to "she wants $500 in a few hours." Although I'm extremely proud and excited for the girls who can consistently make that much, I try to put myself in the viewer's shoes. Most guys make ~$75-150 per day. And that's after an 8-12 hour shift. It puts most of the potential tippers into a jealous spiral where they refuse to tip. Because "obviously she doesn't need any more money."

Personally, I think the guys should be left in the dark when it comes to your WHOLE goal. If you want to do smaller goals that add up to the daily amount, that's cool. Or just a gentle reminder when you're getting close to your daily goal, sure. But the large numbers are extremely daunting to a member.

I like even numbers, so I try to make the number even when I log off, even if I didn't reach my goal. So right before I log off, I'll say "x amount of tokens until I meet my goal." The tokens are usually a small amount like 63tkns, never over 400tkns.
Everyone hit the nail on the head. The larger numbers can be a turn off.

I definitely feel like a large daily goal would be off-putting to all but the model's most dedicated regulars. But it really depends how it's framed. If the goal coincides with the end of a countdown, then I don't think anybody could class that as "begging". "If we reach x, I'll show you y". But if after a countdown's finished, a model were to say, "oh, by the way, I'm 2000 tokens away from my daily goal. Who can get me there?" then I think a lot of folk (rightly or wrongly) would look at that as the model asking for something for nothing. For regulars, the satisfaction of knowing they helped their favourite model make the money they wanted to make that day might be enough to inspire them to tip. But for everyone else, nothing's really being offered in return for their tokens. :twocents-02cents:

ComicOzzie said:
Most of the session goals I see are really large numbers, like 8,000-10,000 tokens. All I can think of is that the model has a goal of $400-$500 for that day.

Well, if she's working most of the day, say 10 hours, that's $40-$50 an hour, and barely enough to keep her on the first page, or the top rows of the second page. So, maybe she needs that much to keep from getting to a spot where she won't earn more than $20-$50 a day.

And seriously, camming is different than other jobs. If I work 5 days a week when I'm capable of working, I only have 15 days a month where I can work. Why? Because I can only count on working 3 weeks a month. Stupid red week. If I do work during red week, you can bet my income will be abysmal. So I can really only count on 15 days of actual work.

Let's see, 15 * 400 = $6,000 a month. While $72,000 a year is nothing to sneeze at, it's also not that unreasonable of an income to ask for. And that's assuming that she DOES work 15 days a month and DOES go for that much every day. Maybe she had to take an unexpected day off, and that $400-$500 is really to make up for the day she missed. Cut that in half, $36,000 a month is definitely not asking for much.

Maybe she has some days when she goes for big goals, some days when she goes for smaller goals. For awhile, my goal on Mondays and Tuesdays was $80, while my goal on Thursdays and Fridays was $150. That was because Mon and Tues I only worked 5 hours, while Thurs and Fri I not only worked 8 hours, but I also could expect a little more out of the guys in my room. (And no, I rarely made my goals, so I wasn't making the $460 a week that seems to be. Though, I was almost there before finances changed again and goals had to be changed again, and every time my goals change, I stop making them for awhile, even if they change down to what I was making before... or up to what I'm making now... so I should probably stop changing my goals completely.)

mynameisbob84 said:
I definitely feel like a large daily goal would be off-putting to all but the model's most dedicated regulars. But it really depends how it's framed. If the goal coincides with the end of a countdown, then I don't think anybody could class that as "begging". "If we reach x, I'll show you y". But if after a countdown's finished, a model were to say, "oh, by the way, I'm 2000 tokens away from my daily goal. Who can get me there?" then I think a lot of folk (rightly or wrongly) would look at that as the model asking for something for nothing. For regulars, the satisfaction of knowing they helped their favourite model make the money they wanted to make that day might be enough to inspire them to tip. But for everyone else, nothing's really being offered in return for their tokens. :twocents-02cents:
There are those out there whose reward really is just knowing he/she made the model's day better by helping her reach the goal. I have done almost exactly what you described above in the past, and yes it was mostly regulars who contributed, but there were random people I've never talked to before tipping with notes like "glad to help with your goal!" or whatnot.

As I said before, it's a tough call whether girls do this or not. Don't post the goal, then log off short wondering what could've been. Post it, and hit it, but have people you may never talk to mumble under their breath (either verbally, alone in their apartment, or to the lounge) about what a token whore you are.

LadyLuna said:
ComicOzzie said:

Well, if she's working most of the day, say 10 hours, that's $40-$50 an hour, and barely enough to keep her on the first page, or the top rows of the second page. So, maybe she needs that much to keep from getting to a spot where she won't earn more than $20-$50 a day.

IT'S NOT ABOUT THE AMOUNT, OR THAT THIS IS A LIVELIHOOD FOR MODELS.

Let's turn this around.

I work full-time, at an okay job, where I make okay, not great, money. How would a model react if, when she mentions tokens, a perv like me starts complaining about how I don't make enough money to tip her that big amount in her topic, or even a sizable fraction of it. Would that turn her on and make her glad she logged in? If she doesn't know me, would she want to get to know me better?

I've seen pervs do exactly that, and it doesn't make very many models very comfortable, and tends to put a damper on the mood in the room.

Reactions: AjaAngora
AmberCutie said:
mynameisbob84 said:
There are those out there whose reward really is just knowing he/she made the model's day better by helping her reach the goal. I have done almost exactly what you described above in the past, and yes it was mostly regulars who contributed, but there were random people I've never talked to before tipping with notes like "glad to help with your goal!" or whatnot.

As I said before, it's a tough call whether girls do this or not. Don't post the goal, then log off short wondering what could've been. Post it, and hit it, but have people you may never talk to mumble under their breath (either verbally, alone in their apartment, or to the lounge) about what a token whore you are.

I'd definitely agree it's a tough call to make and a fine line between successfully making the remainder of a goal and potentially putting people off tipping. Like everything else in camming, for some models, it'll pay off, for others it won't.

I guess there's two ways to look at it. For regulars and people in the room who like the model on a personal level, it's a chance to maybe make their day that little bit better by helping them out with their goal. These members aren't looking for anything in return for their tokens and are happy to send a few extra tokens their favourite model's way if they know it's gonna brighten their day a little.

For the folk in the room who aren't interested in the social aspect as much as they are with tipping for countdowns/privates/videos so they can get their rocks off, they might well look at it as the model being paid in full for her services/content and then asking for additional tokens to complete her goal, whilst offering no additional services or content in return.

The problem is, the model can't just ask the first group of members if they'd like to help her with her goal. She has to ask both groups of members. And therein lies the risk.

I personally don't see it as begging, and being a "just because" tipper myself, wouldn't have an issue with tipping a model who was struggling to make her goal. But I also think there are a lot of members who tip purely for services rendered, and to these guys, being asked to tip a model and getting nothing (sexual) in return simply because she's made less money than she would have liked, would be off-putting.

mynameisbob84 said:
AmberCutie said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I'd definitely agree it's a tough call to make and a fine line between successfully making the remainder of a goal and potentially putting people off tipping. Like everything else in camming, for some models, it'll pay off, for others it won't.

I guess there's two ways to look at it. For regulars and people in the room who like the model on a personal level, it's a chance to maybe make their day that little bit better by helping them out with their goal. These members aren't looking for anything in return for their tokens and are happy to send a few extra tokens their favourite model's way if they know it's gonna brighten their day a little.

For the folk in the room who aren't interested in the social aspect as much as they are with tipping for countdowns/privates/videos so they can get their rocks off, they might well look at it as the model being paid in full for her services/content and then asking for additional tokens to complete her goal, whilst offering no additional services or content in return.

The problem is, the model can't just ask the first group of members if they'd like to help her with her goal. She has to ask both groups of members. And therein lies the risk.

I personally don't see it as begging, and being a "just because" tipper myself, wouldn't have an issue with tipping a model who was struggling to make her goal. But I also think there are a lot of members who tip purely for services rendered, and to these guys, being asked to tip a model and getting nothing (sexual) in return simply because she's made less money than she would have liked, would be off-putting.

See, normally, when I say "I'm only 200 tokens from my daily goal!" I also include a "strip-tease when it's done" sort of incentive. There's no way I'm not going to give the room some sort of reward when I make a goal. I hate it though, when guys ask "what do we get when we give you that?" Because usually what exactly I'm going to do will depend on how long it takes to get there.

If its less than 2,000 tokens away OR Im just trying to round off my tokens, I will put up a topic.
I always do a video sale or give away picsets or another stip countdown or something for those tips. I wouldnt put up my daily goal from the get go though. I feel like people would think it was unattainable.

Miss_Lollipop said:
I do think daily goals appeal more to regs that are invested in your success, than someone whose around to see 'what happens' in this room?

When I post a Shift goal rather than a countdown Its always regs that complete it.

This.

For models whom I know and care about, I'm inclined to help them meet their daily goal because it makes me feel good to know that I'm helping them meet their needs. I generally don't feel a need to tip towards countdowns because I've probably already seen them do whatever it is they're going to upon reaching their goal, perhaps dozens of times.

But for random models I don't know, it's the opposite. I feel more like tipping for countdowns to see particular things, but don't feel invested in her overall success.

Sevrin said:

i've seen some models do that before and if they are someone i know i can talk to i will explain that i see it as a bad idea.

best example... i saw a new model that just logged on one of the day in her first week on MFC and the topic said "goal for today: 200 tokens" before anyone tipped her.

i didn't manage to convince her that this was a bad idea, but there are models on MFC that would change their topic literally to whatever i say because they trust my advice and they had good results with my advice in the past, including not banning someone i know who only visited her because i asked.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Sevrin
here is something to think about...

if your topic says how many tokens you want for the day, you are pretty much asking them to tip you to go offline.

if they went to visit you because you are online where is the motivation to see you go offline?

Reactions: Kickaz
God said:

if your topic says how many tokens you want for the day, you are pretty much asking them to tip you to go offline.

if they went to visit you because you are online where is the motivation to see you go offline?

There is LOTS of motivation for regs to tip even though you're going offline.

Sometimes my regs do this because they know I dont want to log off but need to because I've been at it for 6 hrs or something and they will tip me so that I can rest...

Sometimes I get guys that will tip say 1000tks to clear my count and finish my goal, and get vids or some skype time in the process.

I DONT think daily goals in topics are a good idea DURING your show, but if you have loyal loving regs that love to see you hit your goals and take care of you, putting a small remainder up can work in your favor if its done tactfully and tastefully. You MUST judge the mood of the room, the type of tippers the people you have in there at that time are etc. Its a good idea to offer content or things for sale while you do this so they are getting something for their generosity.

God said:

Well that's not necessarily true. I've recently become more conscious of how much time online I allow myself. The more I earn, the longer I stay. I often have "cuddle time" after shows if I've done well that night. If I logged on and somebody immediately tipped me 5000, they would pretty much ensure that'd I'd stay on for at least a couple hours, longer if others chipped in. It would actually take a lot of pressure off me and allow me to give my audience a better experience, I think. But yeah. Not always true!

Personally speaking if a model wants to broadcast how many tokens they need to cover their daily goal I really don't care how much it is and it does not bother me.

Like most things in life people value things differently a model might feel that a 5000 token / $250 daily goal is what her time is worth; but it also comes down to what I feel my experience between her and I is worth. She could be riding a unicycle juggling chainsaws and if that isn't my thing I doubt that I would tip her just because of her goal.

:twocents-02cents:

But it would be awesome to see a model doing that...

Miss_Lollipop said:
God said:

Sometimes my regs do this because they know I dont want to log off but need to because I've been at it for 6 hrs or something and they will tip me so that I can rest...

Sometimes I get guys that will tip say 1000tks to clear my count and finish my goal, and get vids or some skype time in the process.

I DONT think daily goals in topics are a good idea DURING your show, but if you have loyal loving regs that love to see you hit your goals and take care of you, putting a small remainder up can work in your favor if its done tactfully and tastefully. You MUST judge the mood of the room, the type of tippers the people you have in there at that time are etc. Its a good idea to offer content or things for sale while you do this so they are getting something for their generosity.

i know models that work 8 hours a day 6 days a week in a studio with a lunch break and another model (sometimes two models) sitting 2 feet away with nothing but a keyboard for privacy.

they have to meet a quota to get any pay for the pay period and they don't tell people how much they need for the quota.

God said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
God said:

i know models that work 8 hours a day 6 days a week in a studio with a lunch break and another model (sometimes two models) sitting 2 feet away with nothing but a keyboard for privacy.
Did you accidentally post in this thread or did you mean to post something COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC?

I know business men who work 50 hours a week with an hour lunch break and another businessman sitting 2 cubicles away with nothing but a typewriter.

I can do it too! Wheee!

AmberCutie said:
God said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
God said:

Did you accidentally post in this thread or did you mean to post something COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC?

I know business men who work 50 hours a week with an hour lunch break and another businessman sitting 2 cubicles away with nothing but a typewriter.

I can do it too! Wheee!
I know two fireman and a lumberjack.

Status
Not open for further replies.