AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

When members want to meet up in person

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2013
fresh out of the oven
First off, please take this as me trying to finagle tips on how to meet a model in person

I've always been curious about the frequency of members trying to meet up with models, mainly due to this one incident awhile back: A model and member had shared the same general area of residency. The model freaked out because that particular member would not refrain from harassment; relentlessly pushing for a meetup in spite of the model's many refusals. That member wanted the model to give him a chance, to show he's a nice guy and such. But after so many refusals, the member became increasingly aggressive out of frustration. I don't know what became of that incident.

I also see how members try to use camsites as a dating service, rather than just merely digital entertainment. I've read in public chats where a member will say to the model, "I got a 12in cock. Pm me if you down to fuck for reals." And of course, i hear of marriage proposals, although i'm not sure how legit the proposals are.

I'm wondering if any models experienced members trying to push for meetups, and how frequent these requests for meetups occur, and what stories you're willing to share in terms of these pushes.

I'm pretty much impossible to push into anything. So, this has never really been a problem for me. If you aren't good at saying no, being a camgirl is probably not a great idea. Being a woman with her clothes on who can't say no would be enough of a problem. :lol: Any dude who wants to hang out with a chick he met on the internet should probably wait for her to ask him. Otherwise, he risks sounding like a creeper.

I've sent out 23,718 marriage proposals to ladies on MFC so far. I haven't been accepted as of yet. I'm almost ready to give up and move onto Streammate or Chaturbate. I hear they get married to big tippers all the time.

Note to the ladies of the forum: If you're on MFC and haven't received my invitation for wedded bliss be patient, I'm working my way through the list as fast as I can.

I tell them I don't meet cam site members in person. If they won't leave me alone about it after I've already repeated myself once, I'll ban them. Some guys will actually drop it and move on, so I may not ban them.

I don't do the 'string him along and milk him for his money' thing either. I've heard of some models doing that (telling him that she will/might meet him in person, even though she knows that she won't), but I won't do that.

mutantdonut said:
First off, please take this as me trying to finagle tips on how to meet a model in person

I was already married when I signed up on MFC. Then I had to move to Utah and become a polygamist because so many models wanted to marry me. I now have 47 wives and it's a lot of work to be honest.
:p

Seriously though, if you're trying to use a cam site as a dating service then you're doing it all wrong as they really are mutually exclusive.
:naughty:

I've seen very few models that didn't have a line similar to this in their profile:

"I will NOT meet anyone from MFC."

Seems pretty straightforward to me.

I have also seen one or two that mention occasionally raffling off "dates" for tokens. Don't know what that's about, but if it's your thing, I'm sure they'd welcome the tips.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I've met a bunch of my regulars and hung out with them, partied with them.. So this is especially tough for me. It was always a group situation with 3-4 models, some boyfriends and maybe 3-4 common regulars of the models.

When people ask, it's like.. How do I tell them no when I've so obviously met other regulars? Well, every single person I met had never said anything expressing interest in me other than a friend and first and foremost - had NEVER asked to meet me. I was always the one to say, "So, are you coming to X convention so I can meet you?"

I had an incident with a regular, who I often felt creeped out by, felt it was okay to try and jump in on plans at a convention because he was a regular of a couple models and got pretty hurt when he was eventually left out. The truth is the majority of the people I've met have spent a large chunk of money on me without any ulterior motives of meeting me or falling in love with me.

It's at the point though where I've asked any of the people I've met not to really bring it up in my chat because it changes the mood of the room, people think I'll just meet anyone when they don't understand the circumstances of the situation. It wasn't one-on-one, we had chaperons, we were in a totally different setting. And these people were essentially hand selected for the lack-of-creepiness.

Now, if anyone asks to meet me I tell them to come to a convention and I'll gladly say hello if they walk up to me.

LacieLaPlante said:
I've met a bunch of my regulars and hung out with them, partied with them.. So this is especially tough for me. It was always a group situation with 3-4 models, some boyfriends and maybe 3-4 common regulars of the models.

When people ask, it's like.. How do I tell them no when I've so obviously met other regulars? Well, every single person I met had never said anything expressing interest in me other than a friend and first and foremost - had NEVER asked to meet me. I was always the one to say, "So, are you coming to X convention so I can meet you?"

I had an incident with a regular, who I often felt creeped out by, felt it was okay to try and jump in on plans at a convention because he was a regular of a couple models and got pretty hurt when he was eventually left out. The truth is the majority of the people I've met have spent a large chunk of money on me without any ulterior motives of meeting me or falling in love with me.

It's at the point though where I've asked any of the people I've met not to really bring it up in my chat because it changes the mood of the room, people think I'll just meet anyone when they don't understand the circumstances of the situation. It wasn't one-on-one, we had chaperons, we were in a totally different setting. And these people were essentially hand selected for the lack-of-creepiness.

Now, if anyone asks to meet me I tell them to come to a convention and I'll gladly say hello if they walk up to me.

One way you could say no is telling them you never meet people who ask first because those that do tend to have ulterior motives. Of course that will probably still alienate them since you did not ask first to meet up with them. It is a dilemma. The ones that bring up in the room that you have met up with them are bragging and should really think before they bring that up in a public chat room. When I have had more contact with models than just on MFC it is something that I never bring up in their room.

mynameisbob84 said:
I'm a nice guy too. And as a nice guy, I find the best way to prove my 'nice guy' credentials is to persistently nag girls to meet me even though it's clear that they don't want to :?

So the moral of the story is to "never give up" and "quitters never prosper." Wear 'em down until they finally give in and say yes.

LacieLaPlante said:

Thanks for that story. As someone who keeps internet entertainment separated from real life, I find it interesting when the two realms mix, given one realm is very unique to say the least.

I understand that many models have held date raffles, which of course is voluntarily on the model to meet their patrons. For those who've gone through with a date raffle, I'm wondering if models here can share some of their experiences.

mutantdonut said:
mynameisbob84 said:
I'm a nice guy too. And as a nice guy, I find the best way to prove my 'nice guy' credentials is to persistently nag girls to meet me even though it's clear that they don't want to :?

So the moral of the story is to "never give up" and "quitters never prosper." Wear 'em down until they finally give in and say yes.
I sense a long and prosperous time of chatting with you here on the forum due to how well you are fitting in and just seem to click with all the ladies.

Read this in the same sense as my first post in this thread was written.

Reactions: rexcode
mutantdonut said:
mynameisbob84 said:

If a model doesn't agree the first time you ask, they likely never will, and you enter creeper territory if you ask again. I think that is better never to ask, at all, and to keep the dream a dream.

I can never understand the rationale behind wanting to meet models IRL. If a model suggests a casual meet up for a cup of coffee if we happen to live in the same area then sure why not? But the lengths that some members will go to to harass, plead and beg a model or by spending exorbitant amounts of money on a date raffle in the hopes of winning a meetup blows my mind. I have even seen a model advertise a 2 hour dinner date and there was a bidding war between 3 members and I believe the winning bid was somewhere in the vicinity of 5k tokens. Really? Whether the deal actually went through or not I'm not certain.
I can kinda understand the whole "face to face conversation" deal over an online or even skype show but my gut feeling tells me that a huge part is really an ego trip thing, with bragging rights that I am the only one of the few thousand out there that had a chance to meet the model in real life.

I think there is a "DON'T" that is inadvertently missing in the first sentence of OP's post, which I also suspect is casting him in the wrong shade, here.

For example:

JerryBoBerry said:
mutantdonut said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I sense a long and prosperous time of chatting with you here on the forum due to how well you are fitting in and just seem to click with all the ladies.

Read this in the same sense as my first post in this thread was written.

Sevrin said:
mutantdonut said:
mynameisbob84 said:

If a model doesn't agree the first time you ask, they likely never will, and you enter creeper territory if you ask again. I think that is better never to ask, at all, and to keep the dream a dream.

You seem to have missed the dripping sarcasm in that response to bob, which was also dripping with sarcasm, friends.

On-topic, something to consider is that sometimes these propositions to meet or outright proposals are not done seriously. Maybe I'm way off base, here, but I've certainly dropped the occasional "OMG marry me!" or "let's run away together" or "come on over for a visit" or whatever else in the course of flirting with a girl. It doesn't mean that I intend for any of that to happen. Context matters. If you've got a long-standing rapport with a person, they give, they behave themselves, and they don't ask anything untoward of you, or even if you're just in the middle of a long, hot cyber, are you really going to get all creeped out if you mentioned you were hungry, and they responded with something like, "hold tight, I'm coming over with pizza!" I would hope not, even though they just technically suggested meeting you.

There is a difference between the actual creeps, the lazy and uncreative dudes who are just taking a shot or breaking the ice, and guys who are simply riffing. Because of that, I don't think that all of OP's scenarios should be lumped together on a creeper blacklist.

I make it very clear that i never meet anyone BUT having said that my longest standing regular who i regard as a very dear friend who has been immensely supportive and just generally brilliant invited Al and I to his 50th birthday party in the summer and we went and had a really lovely time (and will see him again in future I'm sure, although he lives so far away from us that it's not going to be a frequent occurence as a five hour drive each way is a killer). To me that was completely different and separate to any of the requests I get bombarded with by randoms when i log on and everyone who hangs out in my room understands that. What was funny was trying to work out what we told all his old friends about how we knew each other. The story in the end was 'we met on one of those chat forum things and realised that we agreed about most stuff so got to properly chatting rather than the usual anonymous ranting'.

Members who think that cam sites are like match.com but with live video really need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Kittycatpurr said:
Members who think that cam sites are like match.com but with live video really need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Lol if it were than maybe they actually died and are an guy heaven. Like... they don't have to go out and find a girl? And all they have to do is choose out of hundreds and thousands of hot young women, all sexy, willing to do loads of hot stuff for them, and then they'll also date you, even though in real life you'd never have a chance with them? Oh yes guys, myfreecams is the place of dreams! Girls there will date anyone who asks! I mean it is difficult sometimes being dramatically more members in the rooms than models, but we somehow manage to do it and stay totally faithful to each individual member, serving his every need!
mutantdonut said:

Missing the "don't" after "please" which I'm pretty much certain was supposed to be there was really a bit of an epic fail on your part. I mean really, when writing a post that could so easily be taken the wrong way you should have proof read it before sending. Now you just look like a creeper. :clap: :lol:

As for members trying to meet up with me... Well, I've not really had anyone trying to push me too hard on this. I'm very clear that I don't share my address, and being pretty brutally honest does tend to deter creepers.

A while ago I had a very good regular for sadly a very short period of time, he tipped me more than any member has tipped me in such a short period of time, and even though he only visited me for those few months he still stands as my fourth biggest spender since I've been on Mfc.
I was the first model he really liked, he's around about 15 years older than me, really nice guy and we got on very well. But he then, not really all that long after we started talking, pressed the question of wanting to meet for coffee sometime. He wasn't pushy or creepy about it, but I had to inform him that no, that's just not how myfreecams works and I'm not up for meeting for even just a coffee. Besides, he lives a long way from me!
He started visiting other models, though he was still my best tipper, I didn't find out until he told me later that the reason he started looking for other models was because I'd made it clear I wouldn't meet up. The models he was talking to were also girls who would never meet up with him, so he was deluding himself.

One of the models though really led him on. Now I don't know her side of the story on this, or her motives, and I've not heard a bad word about her from him, just the stories of what happened as they happened.
I know that he got stood up by someone who he was supposed to meet, later I found out this was the model. She'd said she was going to stay for the weekend, they'd spoken earlier that day, then she never turned up, didn't say anything to him about it, and even posted on her twitter. I am amazed he still continued pursuing her, but they pretty much had a sort of online relationship. He left myfreecams and they just spoke on twitter and Skype, he stopped tipping, so I have no idea really what it was all about on her side. Around Christmas they were supposed to meet up again, since the first failed meet up they'd had this online relationship for about 6 months, again she did exactly the same thing, arranged to meet up with him, bailed without telling him. I spoke to him shortly after this, I don't know what happened exactly, but his last post on twitter was end of May to her about how she'd deleted him and asking what he'd done to upset her and saying sorry for whatever he did.

Essentially, a guy who's a really nice guy in his mid 30s, who should have been spending time looking for someone closer to his own age who'd actually interested in him and wants the same things as him, chased after a 20 year old camgirl who led him on for 6 months to a year. I know he's a guy who wants marriage, children etc, and he seems pretty ready for it, why on earth he was chasing after someone so much younger who is clearly not ready for those things I have no idea. I think he went to myfreecams wanting to find his dream girl because dating was failing him, and he found someone who was willing to lead him on for a long time. My guess is she liked having someone to talk to.

But maybe it's not all that bad for him, he got a while of free skype time with a girl he likes rather than being on Mfc. In my opinion though I think even if a girl on myfreecams seems totally, legitimately into you, be wary. And don't go to mfc seeking it out! If guys want to date someone then find a place where people genuinely want to date someone too. Myfreecams, yes, love could possibly happen, but chances are it won't, you'll just waste a fuck load of time and upset looking for it.

Isabella_deL said:
Kittycatpurr said:
Missing the "don't" after "please" which I'm pretty much certain was supposed to be there was really a bit of an epic fail on your part. I mean really, when writing a post that could so easily be taken the wrong way you should have proof read it before sending. Now you just look like a creeper. :clap: :lol:

^!#&%*&@!!!! Yea, i was missing "don't" in the first sentence of the original post. Kind of embarrassing but oh well, i'll live through it.

First off, please DON'T take this as me trying to finagle tips on how to meet a model in person

Isabella_deL said:
Essentially, a guy who's a really nice guy in his mid 30s, who should have been spending time looking for someone closer to his own age who'd actually interested in him and wants the same things as him, chased after a 20 year old camgirl who led him on for 6 months to a year. I know he's a guy who wants marriage, children etc, and he seems pretty ready for it, why on earth he was chasing after someone so much younger who is clearly not ready for those things I have no idea. I think he went to myfreecams wanting to find his dream girl because dating was failing him, and he found someone who was willing to lead him on for a long time. My guess is she liked having someone to talk to.

Just to piggy back on your notion: I'd imagine it was a dream of delusion. A man his age who seeks a young, gorgeous, and highly sexual woman would be his immediate desire for a mate, thus MFC would be his logical avenue to meet that type. Sounds like he's trying to 'have his cake and eat it too.'

I'm one who has difficult time grasping the idea of finding love on MFC given the context of the site and the model's original intent of signing up. I suppose it's because i personally keep myself semi-anonymous and don't get attached (emotionally speaking) to any particular model. But i do believe in the relationship stories formulating out of site. I feel like those who push for meetups are seeking and attempting a deeper relationship with the model, as well as there's a thrill that goes along with meeting a model in the flesh, kind of like meeting a minor celebrity.

Kittycatpurr said:

I get the impression there are a lot of these guys out there. I've long thought there should be a disclaimer that pops up when you enter the site warning members not to become emotionally attached to the exotic creatures within. MFC can be a dangerous place for the socially inept, and I see a lot of socially inept members on MFC. I empathise to a degree as well. They find a model they like, they tip her, she lavishes attention upon them. The more they tip her, the more attention she gives them and the more attention she gives them, the more convinced they become that she wants their dick in or around her face. Or to at least meet up for a coffee or something.

I think it can be a slippery slope for a lot of guys. And for models for that matter. On the one hand, the more attention a model gives the member, the more he tips her. On the other, the more attention she gives him, the more convinced he becomes that she thinks the same way about him as he does her. Does she take him to one side and tell him in no uncertain terms that no matter how much he tips her or buys her from her wishlist, she's never gonna cradle his balls while tugging gently on his cock, risking future income in the process; or does she let him carry on in ignorant bliss and risk him becoming obsessed and potentially trying to track her down?

Can models typically tell apart the more rational members who might tip and gift a lot, but aren't looking for anything more than a typical, friendly relationship with the model(s) that begins and ends online, and the members who routinely tip crazy amounts and are forever buying things from the model's wishlist in the hopes that it's gonna lead to a real world relationship?

mynameisbob84 said:
Kittycatpurr said:

On the one hand, the more attention a model gives the member, the more he tips her. On the other, the more attention she gives him, the more convinced he becomes that she thinks the same way about him as he does her. Does she take him to one side and tell him in no uncertain terms that no matter how much he tips her or buys her from her wishlist, she's never gonna cradle his balls while tugging gently on his cock, risking future income in the process; or does she let him carry on in ignorant bliss and risk him becoming obsessed and potentially trying to track her down?

Can models typically tell apart the more rational members who might tip and gift a lot, but aren't looking for anything more than a typical, friendly relationship with the model(s) that begins and ends online, and the members who routinely tip crazy amounts and are forever buying things from the model's wishlist in the hopes that it's gonna lead to a real world relationship?
I really feel like a camgirl who avoids telling a dude who is tipping an gifting in hopes of meeting her that it is NOT going to happen is without integrity. If she's willing to play dirty to get extra things and money from someone who doesn't understand the game, then she should be willing to deal with the consequences. Honestly, I am quite lax in my internet security regime because I know that I don't lead anyone on.

JickyJuly said:
I really feel like a camgirl who avoids telling a dude who is tipping an gifting in hopes of meeting her that it is NOT going to happen is without integrity.

If they know the dood is tipping with that in mind, then I agree. But I just wonder if it's something that's obvious or if it's difficult to tell apart the high-tipping members who aren't infatuated from those that are.

I might be being overly cynical, but when I see a regular tip a model thousands of tokens every week and they're constantly buying expensive gifts from their wishlist, I can't help but wonder if they're hoping for a real world relationship with the model to come of it. Obviously not every high tipper is deluded, but a percentage of them undoubtedly are. I guess I'd like to think that those guys aren't being led on and know exactly where the model stands on things.

mynameisbob84 said:
I think it can be a slippery slope for a lot of guys. And for models for that matter. On the one hand, the more attention a model gives the member, the more he tips her. On the other, the more attention she gives him, the more convinced he becomes that she thinks the same way about him as he does her. Does she take him to one side and tell him in no uncertain terms that no matter how much he tips her or buys her from her wishlist, she's never gonna cradle his balls while tugging gently on his cock, risking future income in the process; or does she let him carry on in ignorant bliss and risk him becoming obsessed and potentially trying to track her down?

Very good points raised. I can personally attest to having bad rationale during my high school and early college days. During my youth, when a girl gives me extra special attention as a friend, i was convinced that particular girl was romantically interested in me. Whether it was actually the case, chances are it wasn't. I've also seen many of my male peers jump to that conclusion whenever they've come across a female companion who's becomes close with them. And to this day that almost knee-jerk conclusion still runs through the minds of many males regardless of their age.

It would not be surprising if male patrons convince themselves that certain models have a romantic interest in them when it turns out to be a false assumption. To what number of patrons who've jumped to this conclusion is what i'm curious about. Generally speaking, the mind of many heterosexual males have already conceived a myriad of false assumptions/generalizations/bad rationale when it comes to the opposite sex. To succinctly put it, we can be quite stupid.

mynameisbob84 said:
Does she take him to one side and tell him in no uncertain terms that no matter how much he tips her or buys her from her wishlist, she's never gonna cradle his balls while tugging gently on his cock, risking future income in the process; or does she let him carry on in ignorant bliss and risk him becoming obsessed and potentially trying to track her down?

IF the topic of "meeting up" even comes up, then yes, I think she should tell the truth and not lead him on. If it's risking future income, then so be it. Cam sites were intended for models to work from the comfort and privacy of their own home anyway, and there are plenty of other members out there who will respect that and still tip without pushing to meet up.

By the way, it would be pretty shitty if any members did try to put a "You know, I've spent so much money on you....." guilt trip on cam models. We didn't sign a contract stating "Spending x dollars guarantees we'll cradle your balls." LOL. If he's spent tons of money on a model hoping it'd result in a face-to-face meetup (and the model never implied it would), well that's on him.

I would actually like to finagle for tips on how to meet models. My methods are not working at all. (That was sarcasm.)

I have never had any delusions of getting romantically or emotionally attached to a model. The thought is just beyond fathomable to me. However, there are several models who I wouldn't mind having a beer with and shooting the shit. (Ladies, that's an open invitation (and that again was sarcasm)). Well the open invitation part was, I really would like to have a drink with some, but that's neither here nor there because it's not gonna happen.

I can't comprehend why it would be appropriate to ask a model to meet in person (and yes, I know, there are exceptional circumstances, nothing is absolute). If the model broaches the subject, different ballgame. But for a member to ask? Doesn't seem right.

I have tried to parenthetically let you know when I was outside the bounds of strict literal translation so as not to confuse anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.