AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Accountant Confidentiality

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_Birch_BBW

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Sep 29, 2013
Hello everyone! I have just starting to explore the idea of camming. I currently have my own business, but I need extra money. I work in the art field, and there really isn't a concern of any moral clauses stopping me. The biggest foreseeable problem is my accountant. My father and I each utilize the same accountant and we go for business meetings together. Is there any sort of confidentiality that I would have with my accountant? Would I be at risk of being outed that way?

I feel like this question is impossible for anyone who doesn't know your accountant to answer. This is kind of between you and your accountant.

At the risk of asking a question that probably has a really obvious answer, why don't you just use a different accountant if you're worried about confidentiality issues?

I didn't know of there would be a breach of ethics if he did tell. I am hoping there is some protection on my end.

I can't use a new accountant because the business I own is linked to my father's. I'm a sub-corporation of his.

CPA confidentially isn't as strict as lawyer client privilege. In particular if you are doing something criminal , the CPA can't claim privilege if asked to testify. But as general rule, CPA operate on a pretty high ethical level, at least the many I've encounter over the years. If the CPA is also a friend of your dad's, and they go play golf or whatever together, that would give me some pause. Otherwise I won't be too concerned.

Thank you everyone for the info and opinions.

I decided to go ahead with it. My father, even if he did find out, while not supportive, wouldn't disown me. I ran a bondage website a few years ago that he knew of, and even helped fund. Though with that I was always behind the camera.

Reactions: KylieJacobs
Alex_Birch_BBW said:
Thank you everyone for the info and opinions.

I decided to go ahead with it. My father, even if he did find out, while not supportive, wouldn't disown me. I ran a bondage website a few years ago that he knew of, and even helped fund. Though with that I was always behind the camera.

With him being okay with you being involved in a bondage website I'd say you're leaps and bounds ahead of most of the models when it comes to family knowing about and being okay with what they do.

Reactions: SexySteph and Gen
Alex_Birch_BBW said:
Hello everyone! I have just starting to explore the idea of camming. I currently have my own business, but I need extra money. I work in the art field, and there really isn't a concern of any moral clauses stopping me. The biggest foreseeable problem is my accountant. My father and I each utilize the same accountant and we go for business meetings together. Is there any sort of confidentiality that I would have with my accountant? Would I be at risk of being outed that way?

I co-own a business with my husband... && When we file our taxes, we have to file our taxes together. The business taxes, && my personal taxes, along with my husband's taxes from his other job... So I'm going to assume there's a good possibility he can find out? Other than that, IDK too much about it, but that's my personal experience. =X.

Miss_Lollipop said:
why not open a separate biz for camming and use a different accountant?

I am an S Corp. My personal and business taxes are done together. I wish it were that easy!

Reactions: SNATCH
Just a thought... My oldest daughter thinks I just make websites and do graphic designs, photo touch ups, ect... for models on MFC, as how I make money lol. You could always tell your dad something similar maybe??? Maybe just say that you're running a studio and that other girls are in front of the camera??? Or maybe that you're a non-nude model on here??? IDK, you could give some other reason than cyber sex as why you get income from MFC is all I'm saying, ya know.

Poker_Babe That is probably what I will do. My parents are both open to me writing erotica, and teaching for BDSM conventions, but I don't want to push it. I'll probably say I write for the website. I'm hoping my father doesn't know enough about MFCs to realize there is no writing section!

Reactions: Poker_Babe
Status
Not open for further replies.