AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does MFC Model Software work well on Windows XP still?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xtc

Jan 9, 2013
West Coast USA
Does the latest version MFC Model Software work well on Windows XP? I know that MFC says that XP is still supported, but I wonder if there are problems that have appeared in the latest versions of the model software? Fast PCs with good graphics that only run XP have become real bargains (or free) lately, so this could be an excellent option for models on a tight budget, but I wonder if it's better just to look for hardware that will run at least Windows 7.

Wasn't XP released in 2002? :?

I ordered my 4-year-old computer with XP installed, specifically because a lot of the games I played still run well on it. A LOT of PC gamers stuck with XP for that reason. XP's popularity is the reason MS kept supporting it for as long as they did. My laptop runs Windows 7, and a lot of the changes seem more designed to appeal to people using computers for the first time. Windows 8 takes that to a new extreme and has a lot of compatibility issues with games. I won't buy another computer with XP, because, as Airwolfe said, support is running out, but there's nothing I use my home computer for now that requires a more recent OS.

Anyway, most models seem to prefer the MFC browser interface, and no one working on the internet, which covers most people, should spend money on a machine with an OS that soon won't get security updates anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if MFC discontinued support for their software soon, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.