AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Re-inventing one self.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HisGoddess

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 21, 2013
BC Canada
mrsvickystar.weebly.com
Hey guys! I was a total newb when I came to the camming community and have learned about a million and one things in the past few months and I've really been thinking about re-inventing myself online. Has anyone ever gone from one name to another? Did it work? I know it's going to be one heck of a switch over and I am meaning to let my fans know about it but I'm thinking a new name would help change some things around. Thoughts?

I have heard it work for some ladies, and not work for others.

You will lose fans when you change, whether or not you change your name. I lost fans because I actually started buying toys and outfits when the money started coming in, even though I was honest from the beginning about how I was going to do that... I just didn't have it anywhere very visible that they could see it with on a regular basis. Most awkward conversation ever:
"I love that you're so simple, not many toys and no outfits"
"um, that's only because I haven't gotten the chance for that yet, I kinda want to do that..."
"well, okay, but you show up in your street clothes"
"oh, that will always be there."

So yeah, it will be rough to change, but if you're changing in a way that makes you more excited about camming, for every one person who leaves at least two people will enjoy the new you.

LadyLuna said:
I have heard it work for some ladies, and not work for others.

You will lose fans when you change, whether or not you change your name. I lost fans because I actually started buying toys and outfits when the money started coming in, even though I was honest from the beginning about how I was going to do that... I just didn't have it anywhere very visible that they could see it with on a regular basis. Most awkward conversation ever:
"I love that you're so simple, not many toys and no outfits"
"um, that's only because I haven't gotten the chance for that yet, I kinda want to do that..."
"well, okay, but you show up in your street clothes"
"oh, that will always be there."

So yeah, it will be rough to change, but if you're changing in a way that makes you more excited about camming, for every one person who leaves at least two people will enjoy the new you.

This is good to know because right now I get similar responses to me but I am only like this because I don't have a lot of anything sexy... haha

Reactions: LadyLuna
I changed my name from SeraTonix to SweetSera, because I feel like it suits me much better. I did it sort of during a break from camming for school or something. My life is a mess, so I'm not a regular cam girl.

And changing my name could play into this: I'm not very dedicated to success as a cam girl.

I don't need to make more than a few hundred dollars a month to make more than my shitty shitty retail job while I'm going through school.

So things that hurt my cam score, lose me followers and fans etc, are not as frightening to me right now. I've never been very successful, but I'd like to be in the future... so everything I do is geared towards making me feel better about being on cam and being a cam model.

This is a long term game with incredibly erratic short term rewards. I don't think you can count on them for their own sake. This is about us and what we want and what makes us feel comfortable and independent to me.

My .02 cents. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.