AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

new model status on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I joined MFC on July 29th. I was given the option as to how long I wanted "new model" to remain visible. I am almost positive it has nothing to do with broadcast hours. Just my observation watching other new models as well. Lolli you are also correct in saying that you can have it appear for up to 30days.

It used to be 10 broadcast hours.

MFC recently made changes to member's options, which include allowing them to display models as "new" for different periods of time.

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 297
IIRC, there was a theory about scamscore points being doubled or somehow carrying more weight than normal whilst having "New Model" status... Was that totally debunked, has changed, or still some truth to it?

Bocefish said:
IIRC, there was a theory about scamscore points being doubled or somehow carrying more weight than normal whilst having "New Model" status... Was that totally debunked, has changed, or still some truth to it?
It's only a matter of how camscore works. It's averaged over 60 calendar days. So when a girl is new, the average is skewed a bit by the fact she has less than 60 days behind her.

And it's only a "scamscore" when a studio model has had her score unnaturally inflated by the studio pumping 10's of thousands of tokens into her account before she broadcasts. There is no "scam" about the cam scores of the rest of us.

AmberCutie said:
Bocefish said:
It's only a matter of how camscore works. It's averaged over 60 calendar days. So when a girl is new, the average is skewed a bit by the fact she has less than 60 days behind her.

And it's only a "scamscore" when a studio model has had her score unnaturally inflated by the studio pumping 10's of thousands of tokens into her account before she broadcasts. There is no "scam" about the cam scores of the rest of us.

It's easier to think of camscore as just a simple ratio and then look at a very static case. Let's say a model makes 1000 tokens and works 1 hour each day. Her ratio is a thousand to one so her camscore would be that, 1000. If she made 2000 tokens in 1 hour every day her camscore would be 2000. (Or conversely if she made 1000 tokens in 2 hours her camscore would be 500)

Now if you look at a new model who gets a big tip her first day it bumps up that ratio quickly. Then her camscore will exponentially decline back to her normal ratio of 1000 if that's all she gets from then on. If you plug these numbers into a spreadsheet you find that a single tip of 10,000 tokens on her first day followed by only 1000 each day thereafter (one hour per day) will have result in an elevated camscore for the next 60 days. It will take that long to get back down to 1000. It's the hope that during that time with her elevated score that will result in better placement and thus more than the 1000 tokens each day after that.

But if instead you take the same model who has always had a camscore of 1000 and has worked over the 60 days, and then drop a big tip (that same 10,000) the effect to camscore is dramatically less due to the averaging of the previous 60 days worked hours. In fact that single large tip on day 61 would only increase her camscore by 50 points. The only advantage is her camscore would not decline slowly back to her ratio of 1000 that she is getting from then on. Instead it would stay elevated by 50 points until 60 days later when that large tips drops off the calculations all together.

Note: and yes, there may be other factors influencing camscore. I just went with the basic case for simplicity to show how the tips and first 60 days are affected.

Attachments

• screenshot.3.jpg
    screenshot.3.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 176
  • screenshot.4.jpg
    screenshot.4.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 168
JerryBoBerry said:
Note: and yes, there may be other factors influencing camscore. I just went with the basic case for simplicity to show how the tips and first 60 days are affected.
Though obviously 1000 tks/hour doesn't equal a 1000 camscore, I appreciate the simplicity of this example and it does give a general idea of how the 60 day average influences the changes in a girl's score. Thanks!

Reactions: LadyLuna and Gen
AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:
Though obviously 1000 tks/hour doesn't equal a 1000 camscore, I appreciate the simplicity of this example and it does give a general idea of how the 60 day average influences the changes in a girl's score. Thanks!

This must be why members think a 1000 camscore is pretty great. lol

SexyStephXS said:
AmberCutie said:
JerryBoBerry said:

This must be why members think a 1000 camscore is pretty great. lol
Yeah, I just plugged in basic numbers that were nicely divisible to show how a single larger tip affects the camscore at the two different times. The magnitude of change and rate of change was what I was really trying to emphasize.

Status
Not open for further replies.