AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

cam score and phase that you are considered a 'new model'

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2013
o.k. I signed up here to come get some help for my live in girlfriend who has been working on MFC since September. I would include a link but I know this is not the place to advertise.

also, I know the traffic is good on MFC (I do marketing, search engine optimization, and web design for a living).

When she had signed up there was a period where she did not use the account much because we had to wait to switch over from another platform because of our rent being due and the change in pay periods. She also did not use audio for the initial phase she was featured in the 'new model' section.

My question is, did this help effect her cam score and is the new model phase as crucial as it is on other websites? It is at around 300 atm.

She does very well on other platforms but always has had trouble adjusting to new sites. While she has made some money on MFC it doesn't seem like her score is raising and in turn she does way better on other sites.

Reactions: Sweet_Bliss6
Re: cam score and phase that you are considered a 'new model

Since you're here to get info and help for your girl, I am sure you won't mind and understand that I removed your affiliate advertisement link in your signature for Chaturbate. (Funny you say "this is not the place to advertise about her MFC link, but post that in your signature nonchalantly.)

Yes, a girls first hours on cam can make or break her camscore. Girls must capitalize on being "new" and put on the best shows possible and be extremely engaging in order to maximize the tokens they get in their first days to increase the score over 1000 instead of let it sink below 1000. Having no audio is NOT engaging.

OP, not sure what you mean by "platform." Are you using it to mean "site?" Usually "platform" refers to what sort of computer you're using, Windows, Mac, Linux, etc.

Also, the word you're looking for is AFFECT, not EFFECT.

Reactions: RoseCavilla

no I don't mind the removal of the link sorry about that. it wasn't very non nonchalant though I plan on giving some help as needed for anything related to web design/html/css etc.

effect describes a consequence while affect refers to a difference but I will take that into consideration! :p

I mean platform and web site we run linux/stream with ffmpeg elsewhere but for MFC we have a windows computer.

Should she scratch the site or what could she try to do to fix this? She is pretty persistent about MFC while I obviously prefer the other sites (hence the link). We have both already read most of the MFC tips guides found here and on other popular cam/stripper related bulletin board sites.

It is in the rules she is not allowed to contact them regarding the cam score but between us moving/not working while in 'new'/internet trouble/the MFC client crashing when people try to go private it is more of a technical issue in my mind.

MFC wont give you any help with your camscore. It's not a 'technical' issue. Everyone has a good reason when they can't work... camscore is a simple mathmatical formula they use to figure out who is making them the most and give them exposure.

In order to get her camscore up she'll need to do it, like other models here have - the hard way. if she's already got a following on other sites it will be easier, she'll have the social media and marketing in place to be able to drive traffic to her room herself, which will lead to tips which will lead to her camscore improving, which will lead to more traffic.

ok thank you all for the good advise that is exactly what I wanted to hear (that it is still possible just tough it out).

RoseCavilla said:
Effect is a noun. Affect is a verb.

Actually, both can be either a noun or a verb. But in general, "effect" is the more commonly used noun and "affect" is the more common verb.

Usage notes from the New Oxford American Dictionary:

Affect and effect are both verbs and nouns, but only effect is common as a noun, usually meaning ‘a result, consequence, impression, etc.’: my father's warnings had no effect on my adventurousness. The noun affect is restricted almost entirely to psychology (in which it refers to an emotion or desire). As verbs, they are used differently. Affect most commonly means ‘produce an effect on, influence’: smoking during pregnancy can affect the baby's development. Affect also means ‘pretend to have or feel (something)’: she affected a concern for those who had lost their jobs. Effect means ‘bring about’: the negotiators effected an agreement despite many difficulties.

From now I think I'll just spell it 'Aeffect' so i't works every time.

That way it's good for all situations and no one will ever have to hear another discussion about which is correct. :lol:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=aeffect

Always_Tim said:
RoseCavilla said:
Effect is a noun. Affect is a verb.

Actually, both can be either a noun or a verb. But in general, "effect" is the more commonly used noun and "affect" is the more common verb.

Usage notes from the New Oxford American Dictionary:

Affect and effect are both verbs and nouns, but only effect is common as a noun, usually meaning ‘a result, consequence, impression, etc.’: my father's warnings had no effect on my adventurousness. The noun affect is restricted almost entirely to psychology (in which it refers to an emotion or desire). As verbs, they are used differently. Affect most commonly means ‘produce an effect on, influence’: smoking during pregnancy can affect the baby's development. Affect also means ‘pretend to have or feel (something)’: she affected a concern for those who had lost their jobs. Effect means ‘bring about’: the negotiators effected an agreement despite many difficulties.
True, but for general purposes, and to avoid confusing someone I suspect may not have English as a first language, "effect is a noun and affect is a verb" is adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.