AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

About those guests

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2013
Midwest USA
Twitter Username
@pg2400
MFC Username
pg240
I blissfully move around MFC without paying much attention to room counts. But not too long along I witnessed a popular model having a difficult time completing a countdown. She actually noted the room count (over 800) and while trying to keep her usual sunny demeanor it wasn't difficult to see she was getting exasperated that such a small percentage of guys were participating. I scrolled down and was stunned by the parenthetical data down there -- a vast majority of people in the room were guests, so obviously not even potential customers and just there sampling the goods for free. (I remain convinced that's a major flaw in the business model, but I suppose regulars emerge out of that category so that's another discussion).

My question is what's a normal percentage of guests/basics,premiums in your room at any given time? Hoping that's not an invasive question, but I'm just curious about this. If you're dancing around smiling and teasing with 200 people in the room but only a handful of them have tokens in their pockets (the rest having their hands in their pockets), how do you not get discouraged by that? Are you playing to a room of 40 or a room of 200? Do you just focus on the chatters and tippers and disregard the silent majority?

And, of course, your comment to me is: "Dude, you need to ponder more important matters!" Hey, it's early in the morning and I have idle time on my hands!

Reactions: Gen and LilyMarie
pg240 said:
I blissfully move around MFC without paying much attention to room counts. But not too long along I witnessed a popular model having a difficult time completing a countdown. She actually noted the room count (over 800) and while trying to keep her usual sunny demeanor it wasn't difficult to see she was getting exasperated that such a small percentage of guys were participating. I scrolled down and was stunned by the parenthetical data down there -- a vast majority of people in the room were guests, so obviously not even potential customers and just there sampling the goods for free. (I remain convinced that's a major flaw in the business model, but I suppose regulars emerge out of that category so that's another discussion).

My question is what's a normal percentage of guests/basics,premiums in your room at any given time? Hoping that's not an invasive question, but I'm just curious about this. If you're dancing around smiling and teasing with 200 people in the room but only a handful of them have tokens in their pockets (the rest having their hands in their pockets), how do you not get discouraged by that? Are you playing to a room of 40 or a room of 200? Do you just focus on the chatters and tippers and disregard the silent majority?

And, of course, your comment to me is: "Dude, you need to ponder more important matters!" Hey, it's early in the morning and I have idle time on my hands!
A good amount of those guests could very well be people with premium accounts that just haven't signed in (yet). All guests/basics are potential customers*. You've just gotta show them that certain something that their minds require to make the leap from "watching for free" to "paying for their entertainment". You never know what that thing is, but it happens. It also helps when the show isn't going to be in public... the art of the tease, then take it into group, thus giving them a reason to fork over a few bucks... but I digress.

*I try to avoid using the word customer. It just bugs me, for some reason.

Agreed 100% with Amber... you never know. But to answer the number question, my room averages 30-50% guests. I try to ignore the room count number as much as I can, anyway. 2-3 tippers beats 200-300 silent lurkers any day.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and pg240
The average amount of guests versus premiums seems to always stay around the same... I rate it as at least 50% guests, 25-30% basics, and 25-20% premiums. Out of those premiums... probably under 5% of the whole room will be tipping you in one session.

And yes, the numbers are quite scary, but you just need to not pay any attention to them.

Isabella_deL said:
The average amount of guests versus premiums seems to always stay around the same... I rate it as at least 50% guests, 25-30% basics, and 25-20% premiums. Out of those premiums... probably under 5% of the whole room will be tipping you in one session.

And yes, the numbers are quite scary, but you just need to not pay any attention to them.
That sounds about right.

Isabella_deL said:

Whether guests or "premiums," it boils down to those willing to contribute and those who are freeloading. I remember one fella stated how he paid the bare minimum to become a premium, just so he can talk to the models without having to spend any more money. How many others who are just like him, who knows.

mutantdonut said:
Isabella_deL said:

Whether guests or "premiums," it boils down to those willing to contribute and those who are freeloading. I remember one fella stated how he paid the bare minimum to become a premium, just so he can talk to the models without having to spend any more money. How many others who are just like him, who knows.

Many! But, at least they did tip once... I once saw a member who had been a premium for over 1000 days.... and had 200 tokens and 20 points.... He'd been in the room while doing a countdown, spamming the room with the same message, asking if I could do some motivational video. Was one of the only times I've ever laughed and told the room about someone's tokens/points. I couldn't help it, one thing to be a $20 basic... but a $20 basic who's never tipped a model ever, yet has 200 tokens just sat there for like 3 years..... wtf?!!! Lol

Many members go through phases of tipping models, they start for a while, maybe stop feeling so much enjoyment from tipping and go back to freeloading. I must say... I don't understand chronic freeloaders, like especially guests/basics who always lurk.... Surely myfreecams becoming boring/frustrating just watching models.... I occasionally log in as a guest, but I like having conversations, so if a conversation comes up I usually cannot help quickly logging in and joining in, if I do that I'll pretty much always buy some tokens so I can contribute, even though I begrudge buying tokens in a way.... because I get my income through others buying tokens.... and then mfc takes half of their money... if I then spend my money on tokens.... Mfc is getting an awful lot of my money! And I rarely watch models and don't really get any enjoyment out of it, but I still feel if I'm there getting enjoyment out of that moment, then I should tip.

Isabella_deL said:
...if I do that I'll pretty much always buy some tokens so I can contribute, even though I begrudge buying tokens in a way.... because I get my income through others buying tokens.... and then mfc takes half of their money... if I then spend my money on tokens.... Mfc is getting an awful lot of my money!
I've never understood that thinking.

Yes, myfreecams gets anywhere from 50% to 37.5% of someones money as a fee depending on what token package is bought. But to expect more is kind of a joke. There are fees and costs of doing business in every single line of work out there.

Say you go to Subway for a sandwich. You give them $8 for your lunch. around a third of that goes for costs of food, napkins, cups and other disposable supplies, another significant chunk goes for building rent, electricity, putting money away for repairs and new equipment. Most franchises have it in their contracts they have to give a percentage of their gross, around 9%, to corporate for national advertising. Hell besides the advertising fee every single franchise out there has to pay a bigger percentage to corporate JUST to have the privilege of calling themselves by that name (try buying a McDonalds and you'll see how freaking huge that number can really get to). And the wages of employees is usually around 10% or less. (these numbers will vary by business of course)

It's the equivalent of griping to the owners of the business that only 10% of your money goes to the kid who made your sandwich. Without all those extra fees he or she wouldn't have a job in the first place to be there to make it.

MFC doesn't take half your money. It doesn't take ANY of your money. You get 100% of your money, whatever is tipped in your room you get. MFC charges fees upfront to stay in business so models can have a place to earn money. And when you get right down to it those fees are pretty damn modest when you look at most other business in the world you could be in.

Reactions: LadyLuna
What I mean Jerry, is that I only tip or watch models because I work on myfreecams. I like going to models rooms to a point, but I'm not there for the same kinds of reasons as others might be there, for me it's not entertainment, it's talking to friends at work, so because I know what it's like to be a model, I of course want to tip a model, and I enjoy that part and wouldn't want it any other way.... But, because Myfreecams already takes their percentage of my tokens, which I'm totally cool with, if I then spend money on myfreecams, then I'm just putting more money into a site. And let's face it, I don't begrudge myfreecams the percentage of my earnings they get, that is how it is and I'm happy with it, but not much of the money I earn for them goes into giving me a better workplace. Myfreecams earns millions of profit, it is a BIG company with very few actual employees. Yes the servers cost money, and they do have employees, so I'm not saying it's easy, but it's one thing them taking that percentage, but I don't like the idea of a member tipping me say $10 worth.... I then get about $5 out of that, if I then go back to myfreecams and buy tokens to tip another model, I have to use that $5, but that means the next model only gets $2.50... I'd rather in situations where I'm going to be going on my perve account, have members occasionally tip my perve account instead, otherwise we're turning $10 into $2.50 very quickly!

Something I just did, which is actually a little scary when you think about it....

I counted up how many different tippers I've had this month.... Bear in mind I've been doing my top 100 month and have been online 6 days a week, and have an average of 144 people in my room... but over this month it is usually between 200 and 300 people when I'm not doing a show.

How many people have tipped me this month? 413 people. I've probably had at least 25,000 people come to my room over this month, yet only 413 of those people have actually bothered to tip me. It ranks as about 17/18 tippers per session.

What's even scarier, is only 125 of those people have tipped over 200 tokens, and 225 of those people have tipped under 100 tokens.... It just shows how much of the bulk of the tokens is coming from big tippers.

I said before that I'd say about 5% of my room tip.... if that were true, then I'd have had over 1000 tippers this month, going by this.... it's actually more like 1/2% of the people who visit my room will ever tip me.

These are the scary facts of how myfreecams works, and just how much it caters to freeloaders. The only thing models can do is ignore it and enjoy the tokens they do earn, and the same for the members. Enjoy that with so few members tipping you get more attention from the model and really stand apart from the crowd just by tipping. Remember, you're not tipping for the freeloaders, you're tipping for the model and for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.