AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

aspiring cam model needs help !

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2013
Hello. I am very new to the cam modeling world...and I need some help and advice before I make a commitment.

I'm 24. Have 2 toddlers...getting by body back in shape...5'2 and 120lbs...I've got a few piercings...and 8 tattoos..so far ;) .... I have found myself needing money....I live by myself with my kids....I don't have a car and live in the middle of nowhere it seems.... I live off a trust..for now...but that's not going to last long...I already have a hard time payong bills....basically thus would be an ideal way for me to :work" at home......my problem is...I'm horribly shy....I obviously sexual relations...but not really any kinky stuff that I will come across being a cam model ..... my self esteem os 50/50 ....somedays I feel like I'm the bees knees and other days I'm a mess and envy other girls.....I just need advice in how to break out of my shell before I fully commit !! Thanks !

Attachments

• 521994_578746328813729_201960462_n.jpg
    521994_578746328813729_201960462_n.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 172
Well the first piece of advice I have for you is that you don't have to do anything you're not comfortable with, and if someone pressures you then tell them to take a hike.

Be prepared to encounter a lot of manipulative assholes and trolls. IF you REALLY don't think you can have a thick skin, camming is not for you. Many new models make the mistake of letting people walk all over them.

Also accept that your image will be on the internet forever and people you know will find out eventually. You may be judged or treated unfairly because of this in the future.

You can run your room how you like... make camming something fun and that works for you and your confidence will grow. Its hard work but can be very rewarding. Also remember that there is someone out there for every taste!

Jessi said:
Be prepared to encounter a lot of manipulative assholes and trolls. IF you REALLY don't think you can have a thick skin, camming is not for you. Many new models make the mistake of letting people walk all over them.

You can run your room how you like... make camming something fun and that works for you and your confidence will grow. Its hard work but can be very rewarding. Also remember that there is someone out there for every taste!

As a customer who will check out new models from time to time, I've seen some new models become overwhelmed just trying to answer 50 private messages and emails at once because they feel obligated to, when in reality they're entitled to NOT answer a damn thing. Jessi's advice is sound. Just to piggy back her words, do not let the customers dictate your room and what you do in your room. YOU, the model, are in control: you set the rules and boundaries of how your room is operated.

I can also remember a couple models who have openly expressed their shyness as a first timer. It took baby steps: first a flash here and a flash there, then topless, eventually fully nude. However, not all models will go nude by choice. It's really up to you on how far you're willing to go and at what pace.

Jessi said:
Also accept that your image will be on the internet forever and people you know will find out eventually. You may be judged or treated unfairly because of this in the future.

^^^ Absolutely something to consider when you're camming. Chances are at some point someone will recognize you so just make sure you are ok with that! If someone does recognize you, just smile and nod and don't feel the need to talk to them about your job if you don't want to.

For getting comfortable on cam, try to do something on cam that YOU find fun. If you are having a good time, chances are people will want to hang around in your room. Try incorporating a hobby of yours on cam (baking, cooking, playing an instrument, whatever!). I knit while on cam and while yes, a lot of guys don't like that, some do! Be friendly but don't feel the need to answer all PMs you receive. Smile at people and tell them to ask their questions in public chat.

Remember that one reason MyFreeCams is so great is that so many girls do SO MANY different things on cam! Embrace your personality and your comfort level and if anyone gives you a hard time - ban them! There are ALWAYS other guys out there, no reason to take shit in the hopes of getting one person to tip 40 tokens.

about your personality, you sound quite like me when I started lol.

I had never masturbated in front of anyone, only have had sex with one guy, and it was 2 months after I had my baby so I was super self conscious.

My advice is that people will like you exactly how you are. No need to try and be someone you arnt. :)

Also having thick skin and not letting members walk all over you. My first day I thought I had to answer all PMS and was stretched too far. Now I dont have pms on, and only really talk in chat unless I know the guy and he is my friend on mfc, then I'll allow him to PM me.

And dont do anything for free before you get the tokens for it. I had people ask me to change outfits before they take me private, then they never take me private because they wanted to see my outfit. Just don't go out of your way to let people take advantage of you, it seems to happen a lot when you have the new model tag.

Spend a lot of time in other models rooms. You can do that for free. Pick a top model and stay with her for her entire shift. The next day, pick someone else lower down the page. Maybe spend 20 bucks for a few tokens and peek in on private or group shows. Keep bouncing around and watch everything that goes on until you come to a decision whether it's something you can or can't see yourself doing as a job every day.

PS: You're awfully cute, so that's not an issue.

Reactions: SinSeraTea
Status
Not open for further replies.