AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New model with sound restrictions - please help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2013
Hello all!
I will soon be camming on MFC, which I am both excited and nervous about! I currently live with my parents, so I'm afraid talking might be a no-go for the time being (until I am able to move out and support myself).
I've thought that perhaps playing music in the background would be suffice, however I can see that somehow annoying my 'rents eventually.
So, I guess my question is, have any of the models here ever had a similar problem? How did you overcome it without losing members in your chat?
Another thing I've been wondering is: Can webcam programs such as Manycam stream music along with your cam? If they did, perhaps I could have music playing while I have my wireless headphones on? :-D

You could definitely exploit the fact that you have to be quiet because "Mom and Dad" are home or in the next room... the list goes on. Having to whisper to the room while camming will also continue to play up this fantasy for the members. You could be the rebellious daughter or the naughty school girl. Just some ideas but you see how it can still be appealing.

As for the technical portion of your post, I'm sure someone else can guide you in the right direction for that.

Anyway, good luck and the people here won't steer you wrong.

I've been in rooms where music was being streamed directly from music playing on the computer rather than through the microphone. That's a Manycam Pro feature, I believe.

I know that members seem to like models who speak, but I don't think it's a requirement. I barely speak at all save for the occasional whisper in my public shows, but those are a bit different.

When you don't speak much aside from the occasional whisper, I think it makes it more special when you do speak. Same for typing. I organize my thoughts differently in text and frankly, much more intelligently. When I'm not speaking in my chat room and am typing, the users get a different, often more intellectual view of Sera.

Your vanilla camming is silent, because your parents are usually home. Your spicy camming is talkative, when they are not or when you're in a space when you can talk. Its a treat and adds variety and adds to your value as a camgirl I think.

Thank you all for your input, it has helped me with ideas of turning the bad into something good :-D

@RedneckHick - I didn't think of that! I'm sure the naughty schoolgirl/rebellious daughter thing could work for me, and whispering to the members in my chat would also help authenticate the fantasy ;)

@Sevrin - Excellent! That's great to know, I will be looking into Manycam Pro now. If I am able to do this also, I would feel more relieved.

@SeraTonix - That's an interesting point of view, and I believe it could be true! As far as being more special on occassions when you do speak (thinking of Olivia4Naked here, not that I think I have the potential to be as successful as her!), the members seem to really hang out for her Radio Mondays (I think that's what it is?)
Anyways, I'm glad you're in a similar position to be in regards to speaking, it has helped a lot :)

There's some decent information on streaming music instead of your microphone here:

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15427

Manycam Pro may well give you this capability as well--plus it has all kinds of other good stuff, but I'm pretty sure this is possible just by adjusting Flash options.

If you want to have music streaming directly into flash AND have your microphone on at the same time, you're probably going to need a program to mix the audio streams together (Virtual Audio Cable comes to mind), but maybe ManyCam Pro or a similar program could accomplish this. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.