AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models starting out with content for sale VS Models who dont

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2013
A bit curious as to what you all think.

Models - Has having content (vids/pics) ready for sale when you started camming/your early camming days helped you bring in regulars and/or more revenue? Has it helped increase your camscore?

Members - Do you prefer being able to buy content from a model, even if she is only just starting out?

Me personally - I like it when a model has content for sale. Especially when she is starting out, I think it is a good opportunity to bring in some larger tips. If I really like the model, I feel pretty happy when I go to her profile and see videos or private galleries for sale. I've noticed sometimes members do not want to wait for countdowns, and would rather send the tokens for a vid instead.

What are your thoughts? Input from all models and members welcome :-D

Re: Models starting out with content for sale VS Models who

I only did pics when I started, because I wasn't really sure what I was doing with vids. I made pic sets that didn't sell great unless they were b/g content. Eventually I made my Pokedex Club (I used to have a Pokemon related name) and I combined all pics and continued to update the gallery/club. It's done very well like that. My videos sell fairly well since I opened a clips4sale store. I get a lot of custom requests...mostly fetish, but a lot of vanilla content as well. I have separate clubs now for videos such as well at this point, but it's been over a year mind you.

Reactions: halfasiangirl

I was recently wandering about this myself. As a fairly new cam girl, I've been hesitant to make or sell any content yet. I guess I've been worried no one would like it, or that I wouldn't do it right sense I'm not sure what's expected. :oops:

If you already have ideas, make them! If not heres a couple suggestions:

- Take customs for now, and then once the member who commissioned them has had a chance to enjoy them, put them up for sale. ( be up front about this )
- Hold a raffle, the winner gets to choose the theme of the first video
- Have a new video already made, and raffle or auction (highest tipper) it off. A lot of guys would like the exclusive feeling of being the first to see it!

I think that these options would work best for a model who has already been camming for at least a month or two, that way you can hype it up to a dedicated fanbase.

Personally, I make videos for Clips4sale. Barely anyone buys content when I am camming, that might just be me though.

Well for new models, If i start watching a model and she already has videos, then maybe i would buy them,depending on what they were of.

If i started watching a new model and she mentioned to me that she was thinking of making videos, i would make sure she was aware of the risks of making videos.
For example - people sharing them for free (losing out on tokens), uploading to XXX tube sites, finding out your real social accounts then sharing the videos to your family & friends.

Sure it might make a model more tokens, but if a model is wanting to keep the fact that she is a cam model as secretive/seperate as possible from her personal life, i definitely would not recommend making videos to her.

The same would go if a model i was already close to, asked my opinion about making videos,
if she just cams to make some extra money alongside her main job and keeps the fact she is a cam model a secret or whatever,
i would suggest to her NOT to make videos, due to it being a very easy way of people you may know, finding out that you are a cam model.
Plus even if you share the video with one member who you feel you can trust, you still dont know whether they have shared it with someone, there is always the chance that their computer could get hacked or someone else could be on their computer and find your video(s).

However if the model is fully committed to being a cam model and wants to cam 24/7 as their main job, then i would still mention the risks,
and if they were still wanting to make the videos, i would tell them to make sure to have a watermark throughout the videos, and i would offer any help i can to them.

I think on MFC now, it seems if one model / top model decides to start using Snapchat, then most other models kind of have to start using Snapchat too, or instragram, kik, whatever.

I hope that a cam model, doesn't see a top model getting tipped for videos, and thinks "oh i need to make videos, or else i wont get big tips"

*** Just a note to any model reading this, especially new models, often members will come into your room and say something like - "do you have videos?" "you should make videos, i would definitely buy them" "would you ever make B/G videos or custom videos?" etc
Most WILL NOT buy the videos if you did decide to make them, they just want you to make the videos, hoping that someone shares the links or uploads the videos for them to download somewhere for free.

Reactions: AnnaRhapsody

Koolguy321 said:
If i started watching a new model and she mentioned to me that she was thinking of making videos, i would make sure she was aware of the risks of making videos.
For example - people sharing them for free (losing out on tokens), uploading to XXX tube sites, finding out your real social accounts then sharing the videos to your family & friends.

Personally, I think you're more at risk being on cam and getting recorded by a bloob than making videos and having people share them. I have over 65 videos and only two of them have ever been shared on a website. However, nearly every public show I've ever done has been recorded and uploaded.

LonelyLulu said:
I was recently wandering about this myself. As a fairly new cam girl, I've been hesitant to make or sell any content yet. I guess I've been worried no one would like it, or that I wouldn't do it right sense I'm not sure what's expected. :oops:

My thoughts are make them anyway, and possibly also name them things with "first" in the title. That way members will know to expect it to not necessarily be the best they've ever seen, but you'll have content out there. Another thing to remember is when you start getting a lot of fans they will go derpy over these. A lot of members will go out of their way to see these, I think because they feel it shows more of "the real you" no matter ow fake/real you are. They will be like: "OMG THIS IS WHEN YOU FIRST STARTED *swoon*" Seriously, when I first started I only made pics, but since I was a noob with lighting/angles etc and weighed over 40 lbs more (so yeah I was pretty self-conscious about them) everyone is easily able to tell with mine.

LacieLaPlante said:
Personally, I think you're more at risk being on cam and getting recorded by a bloob than making videos and having people share them.

I would agree with you but only if the model is doing public shows, due to nearly all recordings being of public shows.

I think if a model is doing public shows, then she is the kind of model who isn't as worried about keeping her cam life a secret, or else is not aware that people record models.

Koolguy321 said:
LacieLaPlante said:
Personally, I think you're more at risk being on cam and getting recorded by a bloob than making videos and having people share them.

I would agree with you but only if the model is doing public shows, due to nearly all recordings being of public shows.

I think if a model is doing public shows, then she is the kind of model who isn't as worried about keeping her cam life a secret, or else is not aware that people record models.

When I didn't do public shows my shower shows, smoking, chatting topless, sitting there looking like a fool for an hour, that all got recorded and uploaded too. Don't underestimate people. I had someone upload a video of me smoking topless, cut to a RANDOM vagina (before I showed my pussy up close) and then cut back to me smoking. As if that was supposed to be my vagina.

Koolguy321 said:
LacieLaPlante said:

That's also not necessarily true. I have hundreds (literally HUNDREDS) of videos recorded from my public feed where I'm just sitting, talking, or dancing around like a goober. I'm not even naked in all of them. I've never had a for-sale video uploaded so far, however.

Also, a model who sells no content AND doesn't do public shows isn't likely to make much money at all. It can happen but the odds are not in favor.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu

LacieLaPlante said:
When I didn't do public shows my shower shows, smoking, chatting topless, sitting there looking like a fool for an hour, that all got recorded and uploaded too. Don't underestimate people. I had someone upload a video of me smoking topless, cut to a RANDOM vagina (before I showed my pussy up close) and then cut back to me smoking. As if that was supposed to be my vagina.

:lol: damn that's crazy.

Yeah, there are a lot of guys who seem to get off purely on posting vids of camgirls (nude/non-nude) just to make them scared I guess. Basically, if you're that afraid of being caught...don't be a camgirl. I just look at those vids as advertisement nowadays. I wasn't ever really concerned of being caught, just hated how I didn't get paid for them. *shrug*

dudefromhell said:
Members - Do you prefer being able to buy content from a model, even if she is only just starting out?
Don't really care about random videos. Custom vids/pvt shows are usually all I'm interested in. Once in awhile when I see a model I want to get a show from that has a shitload of videos for sale super cheap, I'll buy the videos because its way cheaper than a decent pvt show. I then wonder why I just bought 50+ vids I'll never watch. Some of the deals on videos are just way too cheap to pass up. Not really sure what I'm trying to say here but I don't think I'd even notice if a new model didn't have content for sale.

A lot of cappers just have bots set up to auto-grab the whole session. There was once a motherless user whose account was nothing but 30-something videos of me talking, petting the cat, wearing sweatpants, etc. A lot of them who make a hobby of it do so to harass the model or because they're obsessive.

Saving the goodies for private, or heck even being non-nude does not save you from creepers.

Reactions: Gen and LilyEvans

Jessi said:
A lot of cappers just have bots set up to auto-grab the whole session. There was once a motherless user whose account was nothing but 30-something videos of me talking, petting the cat, wearing sweatpants, etc. A lot of them who make a hobby of it do so to harass the model or because they're obsessive.

Saving the goodies for private, or heck even being non-nude does not save you from creepers.

True but it would reduce the amount of public shows being recorded, better to have 30 random videos than 30 public shows.

But again as i said it all depends on the kind of model that you are, when it comes to making videos and camming.

Godiva420 said:
Another thing to remember is when you start getting a lot of fans they will go derpy over these.

I get all derpy over the starting out stuff, I like to see how the models skills have grown over time. Has she learned the secrets of lighting, has her camera work changed, new angles, music tastes, is the actual stuff she does different, is her clothing different, does she look comfortable as she works, and so so. I love watching people learn and grow into new skill sets.

I guess I'm the only one who thought this had something to do with Victoria's Secret models? Please, think of the children. Be careful how you capitalize.

It's not on purpose, but there seem to be two types of models. The ones whose rooms I spend most of my time in, and the ones who sell videos. Making and selling videos isn't all that common for EE models on MFC. I tried to buy a video once from a model whose room I never entered, but I guess it got forgotten about. :think:

I started with no content, but the thing I like about content is that a) you can make whatever you want. I have videos where I talk about random stuff that people have ... never bought. But all my content goes on c4s incase anyone wants it at semi-exorbitant pricing. And then they go in my hat so that I can do hat draws and people can win a video. And b) my content kind of tracks my time as a model and as a person. I know when I'm really on my game in some videos whereas I'm not in others.

I'm going to cycle some old/bad ones out as I make better content.

But as Godiva mentioned (thanks hun) I like the idea of my regulars going derpy over my old vids someday.

I am having a tough time with whether I want to start making videos or not, I have a few old ones up for sale but nothing new yet. Caming isn't my main income, so the money part of it isn't an issue. I have been posting pics on forums for multiple years now and mostly all of my close friends and family know of my internet exploits, but I still have a hold up with videos for some reason. I suppose I will do some and put them up, if guys want them then awesome, but I don't think I am going to push it that much. I figure if they like me enough they will probably ask for videos and we can work something out. I am totally new at caming though so all of this is just a shot in the dark lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.