AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon Wishlists

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 2, 2010
Hey!
I'm new to MFC, and am totally loving it. Been on for about a week. I was wondering about Amazon Wishlists and how one can stay anonymous with them. Like, in order to make a wishlist, it says that the people viewing the list will see your shipping name and town/country. I don't want my name or town shared, so how does one go about doing that? Does one set up a P.O. box (not that I know what one of those is)? I live in Canada by the way.

How do you guys do it?

Thanks!
Lily

Getting into the models only chat

Oh, and also how does one get a-okayed to read the "just for models" postings? I'm a model (my username is my username on MFC) and would love the info.

Thanks again!
Lily

Hey Lily,
I'm in Canada too! Set up a UPS PO box, they're a bit more expensive than boxes at a Canada Post outlet (like at Shoppers Drug Mart) but your address is listed as being a "Suite Number" as opposed to a PO box (some things on Amazon don't technically ship to PO boxes, and alot of stuff just doesn't ship to Canada)
In your Amazon Wishlist account settings you can read-up on the privacy policy, it outlines the scenarios under which the gift buyer will see your address. On my amazon page it lists the city I'm in, but doesn't reveal the full address.

I bought an item from a wishlist and the girl's address was set as private. All that I could see was the city and country, not the full address. You need to change that in your privacy settings. By the way, the item was shipped to Canada without problems.

Reactions: Bimbombastic
yeah i think a PO box is the only way to keep it really private...
i had a wishlist as well but removed it from my profile since i'm in holland and it would only be worth it for dutchies to buy me a gift

Another thing to consider is to have a friend that you trust be the recipient of said item and have it forwarded to you from their location. Just have to have someone that you trust and knows that you may be receiving some packages from time to time. But their is a privacy setting that does not give out your address like was said before and it does show what city and state tho.

I dont have a PO Box, but I have my friends address on my wishlist instead of mine. Hehe. I also just have my last initial instead of my full name. The only party of the address that is visible is City and State.

If you're worried about people getting the address (bc it is possible), just set up a PO Box. When guys order from 3rd party vendors on Amazon, Its VERY easy to get the delivery address.

Models,

Even with a PO Box, you're giving away an awful lot of information. People can map the post office based on the Zip Code or the address if it's a UPS store. Then if this person is already a criminal, they could just sit in the parking lot, wait for you to check your box and follow you home.

I would make sure to use the Privacy settings on Amazon.com. It seems a little more secure.

Mikeythegeek said:
I'm curious- is it possible to get a PO Box that once a package arrives at it, it's automatically forwarded to the home address? It might be a bit more expensive, but it would solve the stalker issue.

Yes, there are.

http://www.usabox.com/

I am looking for one that also does the reverse of this service (i.e. for me to send things out)....

Mikeythegeek said:
SweetieSam said:
Yes, there are.

http://www.usabox.com/

I am looking for one that also does the reverse of this service (i.e. for me to send things out)....

See if you can use the PO Box from the website you just listed as a return address for packages. If you can, job done.

They only do the forwarding, I read it in the FAQ. I did find some Texas Remailer that could work....

i never finished entering my shipping info on my wishlist. And I'm probably gonna delete it. 2 reasons: 1-the hoops to go thru to be sure someone doesn't know your city & state, 2-it's technically against MFC rules
But there's a way around the 1st reason-- a couple ways.....

Now, If I were to continue with my wishlist, I was going to contact a family member out of state, send them money to open a PO Box for me. Then the packages would be sent 100's of miles away & there's no one's address being given out. Then my family member could forward to me or get it from them if i visit or vice versa.

Also- it's a little less personal & surprising, but... u can set up the Amazon wishlist, post items u want. Then- post & tell members that u would prefer them to purchase a gift card & have it sent to you in an e-mail. then u can shop privately & securely. This way, u don't have to worry about your info bein out there. Like I said- it seems a little less personal, but the member can tell u what he would like u to purchase with that gift card. then u can edit your confirmation e-mail & copy & paste parts of it & e-mail the member to show that u did purchase the item. Also, when u recieve the item then u can boast about how u got it & who got it for u etc...

Hope this helps!

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
NevaehStar said:
i never finished entering my shipping info on my wishlist. And I'm probably gonna delete it. 2 reasons: 1-the hoops to go thru to be sure someone doesn't know your city & state, 2-it's technically against MFC rules

If you don't say things like "buy something off my wishlist and I'll give you X" you shouldn't really have to worry much. Wishlist items are tangible gifts, not to be used as currency. If girls treat them as such, MFC will probably not be cracking down on wishlists. I make a very clear point that any items on my wishlist are simply gifts, and in no way will result in the purchaser getting anything on MFC except a thank you.

AmberCutie said:
NevaehStar said:

If you don't say things like "buy something off my wishlist and I'll give you X" you shouldn't really have to worry much. Wishlist items are tangible gifts, not to be used as currency. If girls treat them as such, MFC will probably not be cracking down on wishlists. I make a very clear point that any items on my wishlist are simply gifts, and in no way will result in the purchaser getting anything on MFC except a thank you.

yeah Amber, i do see that MFC doesn't really crackdown much on the wishlists. And maybe in hind-site they do feel they are gifts also.
So, that is a great idea to mention that they are gifting only. That is a great way to come across with it :)

MyCamgirl said:
Quick question to who already got a gift with a note... Does the note come in the box/envelope or in the plain view?

Its inside the box normally. Sometimes mine had a tiny card inside and other companies just post the note on the order form.

MyCamgirl said:
Quick question to who already got a gift with a note... Does the note come in the box/envelope or in the plain view?

If it's gift-wrapped, then there's a gift note card. If no gift-wrap, then it's printed on the invoice thingy inside the package. Not publicly viewable.

Thanks for the reply.

As some girls still think that their full addresses will appear during the shipping process, here is a picture of what the person who is buying the gift will see if you have the right settings.

amazonhiddenaddress.png

I obfuscate her name and city because.. you know, it is a surprise and she may be reading this forum :p But I can say that the name that appears there is not her real name. The only true info you need to give away is your full address and, as you can see, this info can be hidden.

MyCamgirl said:
Thanks for the reply.

As some girls still think that their full addresses will appear during the shipping process, here is a picture of what the person who is buying the gift will see if you have the right settings.

amazonhiddenaddress.png

I obfuscate her name and city because.. you know, it is a surprise and she may be reading this forum :p But I can say that the name that appears there is not her real name. The only true info you need to give away is your full address and, as you can see, this info can be hidden.

I bet I know who's wishlist you were looking at. I can guess from the pixels. :lol:

another option that may have been said:
use a mail forwarding company like-- http://www.maillinkplus.com/

This was discussed else where. This is a good one per other models since it has all aspects such as mail forwarding & sending or whatever lol

They are basically a middle man. So u can set up a mailbox with them & put the address they have assigned you on your wishlist instead. then u don't have to worry about the privacy stuff. Only the forwarding company will have the address u give so they can send your packages to you & you can send packages to them to be forwarded to members.
(EX: member sends items to 1234 Mailbox way in Florida instead of your address in Podunk Iowa & then that company will mail them to you in Podunk Iowa,lol)

Another option: Amazon gift cards.
I know it's not so personal & surprising. but u can eliminate the whole address thing by only accepting gift cards & the member can tell u what to buy.

Reactions: SexySteph
I was wondering how people got around having their address, or at least city, out there. I think I'll try and stay with gift cards, thanks for the info!

Hi everyone. I would like to extend and invitation to look at my company for your wish list ideas, the list have been built to keep your information private.

Please feel free to shoot us an email for the details and please do not forget to inquire about the commission structure for items sold from your wish list.

Dave
A Touch of Erotica

Has anyone used the Touch of Erotica service mentioned above? :think: I went to their site it looks nice and I chatted with one of their CSR's who told me that everything (including City and State) are blocked from purchasers, they don't get tracking information either!!!! So this does sound like a good stalker free alternative to Amazon lol :-D . Sure everything is Sex related but hey, I won't have to buy my own supplies

Beth

Always check out these claims with someone you trust. A while ago I tried to send a model an adult toy she wanted using a company that claimed everything was private as well. After I made the purchase I could see most of her information on the company site and USPS's site. Luckily I already knew all these details about the model, so no harm no foul and I did send an email to the company pointing out I could see all the models personal info and they corrected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.