AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tipping?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banhammered
Aug 5, 2012
What would you consider a large tip (something you could hope for weekly/ fortnightly) compared to an obscene tip (Something completely unexpected)?
Am curious what the range of tipping really is both for models to receive and for members to spend. I am referring to a single tip as reward or treat for a favourite, not for obvious reward.

For large it would guess 1875. My largest was on July 24th, 2012, to C???_L????? of 7100 tokens, my obscene tip. A range of approximately 5000 Tokens. How normal is this?

Maniac said:
What would you consider a large tip (something you could hope for weekly/ fortnightly) compared to an obscene tip (Something completely unexpected)?
Am curious what the range of tipping really is both for models to receive and for members to spend. I am referring to a single tip as reward or treat for a favourite, not for obvious reward.

For large it would guess 1875. My largest was on July 24th, 2012, to C???_L????? of 7100 tokens, my obscene tip. A range of approximately 5000 Tokens. How normal is this?

For me, 1000's are once to twice a day occurances. Not every day, but most days i can hope for a tip in that range. Large (weekly/fortnightly) in the 4000-6000 range. A truly obscene tip lol (i like that word) would be in the 8000+ range... i've recieved 10k as my highest tip and that was a long time ago now. Im hoping to beat it at the camgirl mansion in an attempt to get the GoldenDildo award hehe but you never know :) I am very thankful I have such amazing regs.

This is the most obscene tipping I have ever done, and all I got for it was the joy of being banned. I will never do this kind of tipping again in my life. It is surprising how little you can know a person you spent months talking to.

SP1jQ.png

Reactions: Maniac
Model frequencies will be much different because of numbers of members, more opportunities, so will sound a bit excessive to most members I suspect. If we imagine spending only on one model, with a number of similar members and mixing our largest with smallest amounts think it will make sense.
thx MissL. (Range of around 6000)

thx Shaun, never said it was smart tipping obscenely ... often it is not worth it.

Shaun__ said:
This is the most obscene tipping I have ever done, and all I got for it was the joy of being banned. I will never do this kind of tipping again in my life. It is surprising how little you can know a person you spent months talking to.

SP1jQ.png

What??? why did you get banned? I would have loved you long time bb lol

Ursavannah said:

Those are not my normal tipping levels, so you would just have to love me short time. One of my model friends is friends with the model I blacked out, and I had to make a promise to not antagonize her anymore. Friends are always more important than enemies so it was an easy promise to make.

Shaun__ said:
Ursavannah said:

Those are not my normal tipping levels, so you would just have to love me short time. One of my model friends is friends with the model I blacked out, and I had to make a promise to not antagonize her anymore. Friends are always more important than enemies so it was an easy promise to make.
Random observation - all those tips are divisible by 420!

Miss_Lollipop said:
Maniac said:

For me, 1000's are once to twice a day occurances. Not every day, but most days i can hope for a tip in that range. Large (weekly/fortnightly) in the 4000-6000 range. A truly obscene tip lol (i like that word) would be in the 8000+ range... i've recieved 10k as my highest tip and that was a long time ago now. Im hoping to beat it at the camgirl mansion in an attempt to get the GoldenDildo award hehe but you never know :) I am very thankful I have such amazing regs.
Same for me.

I spent a lot of time typing this out, but my numbers ended up being the same as Lolli's really.

It's really if different from person to person though. From some people I get regular 1k tips and from others I might consider 1k an obscene tip because they don't have a lot of tokens to go around, and usually tip 10 tokens at a time.

Maniac said:

I might not be a $20 premium but my tipping extremes are probably close to typical for many MFC members.

Large for me is 500, done once every four or five months. [This is also my max for private shows which I can afford a couple of times a year, and it's also my typical entire monthly budget for tokens.]

Obscene would be 1000 which I've done twice in 3 years.

Many of my favorite models struggle to make either of those numbers in a full day of camming, so it's a very special time when I can treat them.

Now that we can check our entire token history, I found that my average tip is 1,063. So I would say that a large tip for me is anything over 1,000 and an obscene tip would be anything over 10,000.

I would say that my biggest mistake/regret is allowing what I considered to be a large/obscene tip increase so rapidly over the 2 years that I have been on MFC. Once you start raising the bar it becomes difficult to find the same level of enjoyment out of smaller tip amounts.

I've tipped a large spread over the last eight months, but I'd agree, over 1k and up is a large tip, and anything over 5k is definitely entering obscene territory. Whenever I consider a tip like that I heavily consider taking the model private instead.

I have to say one of the most fun times I've ever had on MFC was tipping a model I really like 10 tokens a tip 3-4 times a minute for a couple of hours. Several other people joined in and we just made it rain nickels for a while. It's not a big tip, so no one feels intimidated joining in and something about the tip sound constantly going off just leads to a permasmile.

My largest tip was 1600, I get tips around 1000 tokens about once a week. Receiving a big(obscene) tip is something I actually dream about (yes I'm very sad). I think it'd probably make my year lol. I've never really had much by way of presents, so having someone online give me something like would be incredible! I think I'd possibly pass out!

When I got my first over 1000 token tip, it was offline of 1200 and I nearly had a heart attack, kept saying 'ohmygodohmygod' very quickly over and over again! Then a lot of hysterical laughter. Really wish the room could have seen it, was a pretty funny reaction. Like ThePioneer said, it's the same with models(or at least it is with me), once you get a 1000 token tip, there is less of a rush when you get the next and the next (although obviously they're still amazing) so you're always hoping to get a bit bigger a tip to get an even better happy rush! Your expectations and hopes become a bit higher.

If I were a member with the means/will to tip high I'd be so tempted to go and tip a model you like, who's not doing so well, something obscene. For models who are already making 5000/10000 tokens a night+ obviously receiving a big tip is still amazing, but I can't see it having the same impact on the girls life as someone struggling to make 1000/2000 tokens a night. It is something one day I'd like to do, just for the hell of it!

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Isabella_deL

As an MFC Model, I could expect a 200-500 tok range tip once or twice a week (usually 200). Most of the time, I got 20's and 50's (cause it was 20 for bewbs and 50 for pussy or ass).

Once in my life I got someone who tipped me more than 500 at a time, but he only stopped by my room once. His tips were between 500 and 900. So I guess an obscene tip would be anything over 600 for me (since 550 was also tipped a few times).

As a member, I only ever had 200 tokens at a time. So a "large" tip was 50 and an "obscene" tip would be 200. x.x

Reactions: Maniac and Rose
LadyLuna said:
As an MFC Model, I could expect a 200-500 tok range tip once or twice a week (usually 200). Most of the time, I got 20's and 50's (cause it was 20 for bewbs and 50 for pussy or ass).

Once in my life I got someone who tipped me more than 500 at a time, but he only stopped by my room once. His tips were between 500 and 900. So I guess an obscene tip would be anything over 600 for me (since 550 was also tipped a few times).
This was pretty much the same for me though I think my largest tip ever was about 1500 and it was a one time deal that ScarletRaven got one of her regulars to help her tip. An obscene tip to me probably would have been anything over 1500. Heck, I can't even really wrap my head around making that much money at once. It just seems ridiculous to me. :lol:

Reactions: LadyLuna and Maniac
Kradek said:
I've tipped a large spread over the last eight months, but I'd agree, over 1k and up is a large tip, and anything over 5k is definitely entering obscene territory. Whenever I consider a tip like that I heavily consider taking the model private instead.

This sort of thing will obviously vary for different people with different incomes and different habits. But I'd go along with this definition for my own tipping: over 1000 is large, and over 5000 obscene. By that standard, I've made one obscene tip since joining MFC (in December 2011) and 8 other large tips (or 9 if you count 999 as close enough).

Using the new token usage history feature on MFC, I've collected all my data into a spreadsheet. I've made 1218 tips in the 8 months that I've been on MFC. 9 have been 1000 or more tokens, 201 have been in the 100-999 range, and 1008 have been less than 100 tokens each. My average tip is about 66 tokens.

ThePioneer said:
I would say that my biggest mistake/regret is allowing what I considered to be a large/obscene tip increase so rapidly over the 2 years that I have been on MFC. Once you start raising the bar it becomes difficult to find the same level of enjoyment out of smaller tip amounts.

Yes, I've noticed my tipping going up over time. Once you get accustomed to a certain level of tipping, you no longer get the endorphins from it until you move up to bigger and bigger tips.

I have to admit, I really did get carried away in May. I've really been working hard to restrain myself since then. If you look at the dates of my 10 highest tips, you'll see what I mean … 5 of the 10 were all in May:

Attachments

• tips.png
    tips.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 695
I get a 150-300tk tip maybe once a week. Something 500+ would be a huge treat for me. My highest tip ever was back in February when I first started camming for 2000tks, the look on my face in the screen shot was uhm...well, obscene is a good word. :lol: I was so confused by it that I actually almost looked angry at the moment the screen shot was taken.

Largest tip I ever did was 2600 and i've done 4 others of 1000+ this year. Don't think I would go much higher then that. I usually buy 200, 550 or 900 when I log on for the night so I don't usually consider more then that unless it's a special occasion or one of my favorite models is having a really slow night. I set a budget of 5000 a month so once that's gone I stop until a new month starts.

my highest tip is i wanna say 8000. That was on chaturbate a lonnng time ago. I freaked the fuck out.

I have had many members who dropped the 3to4k tokens in a night, that sounds like im bragging but that 3 to 4k would often be all i would make. Biggish tips were my bread and butter for a long time on mfc. I'm no good at attracting a crowd. I think my first big tip was 1875 exactly actually. i could be wrong cause its been ages.

I would personally consider 2000 a big tip, 5000 a crazy tip and 10000 and up a crying and jumping up and down insanity tip.

Thanks all, found it fascinating. Was great that each of you could be so open about this too, it is the kind of topic most who give or recieve are interested in hearing about too.
Larging tipping trends seem to run almost parallel to camscore for most models, a single tip close to the size of a models camscore would seem a good way to truly thrill her. Other than that around 1000 tokens seems special and generous.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Puffin
In 2 years of tipping on MFC, I think I have made 3 tips of 1,000+ to a model. In each case, it was a very, very good friend of mine who happened to be having a rough night. The look of utter shock and joy of her face each time made it totally worthwhile. (My "normal" tips are in the 10-20 range.)

i feel like i represent a lotta guys at mfc

i use to tip in the 100-200 range as my average...now i feel good if i can do 25 :violin:
i haven't done an obscene tip in a couple of years...but have done a couple just under 10k

and they only seem obscene looking back on them...at the time, they felt spot on :)

bob said:
i feel like i represent a lotta guys at mfc

i use to tip in the 100-200 range as my average...now i feel good if i can do 25 :violin:
i haven't done an obscene tip in a couple of years...but have done a couple just under 10k

and they only seem obscene looking back on them...at the time, they felt spot on :)

I normally tip in 25 increments with a tip note too. Small tips add up over time, and tipping 10 times is more fun than tipping once for me.

I'd have to say my average tip is around 50 tokens and a high tip for any night would be 250 - 300 tokens. The highest tip received so far was 850 not counting tips meant for skype shows. My 2 biggest issues is I'm relatively new to camming and I can only cam 3 - 4 nights a week right now. So, I would consider a large tip to be 300 - 500 tokens and an obscene tip would be over 1,500 :eek:

Maniac said:
Larging tipping trends seem to run almost parallel to camscore for most models, a single tip close to the size of a models camscore would seem a good way to truly thrill her.

This does seem like a pretty good rule of thumb, based on my own observations and what models have been saying here so far.

I tend to dole out 10s and 20s periodically, cos'... that's all I can afford to :(

Do you bbs have a preference between getting one large tip from a member (followed by a week or two of minimal or no tipping from that member) or a steady stream of smaller tips (with either method resulting in the same amount of tokens tipped).

I used to do the former, but tend to do the latter these days.

Reactions: Maniac
mynameisbob84 said:
I tend to dole out 10s and 20s periodically, cos'... that's all I can afford to :(

Do you bbs have a preference between getting one large tip from a member (followed by a week or two of minimal or no tipping from that member) or a steady stream of smaller tips (with either method resulting in the same amount of tokens tipped).

Hmm. I would rather tips be spread out over a period of time instead of getting all those tokens at once. And here be why!

It would be less stressful to me to be able to rely on a regular to tip a small amount each night, than to have one good night and be more stressed out for the next week or two.

When I have been more successful (I've been floundering about for the past couple of months, and I wholly blame the accursed summer) I would probably say that either one is good and will make me equally happy. If a lady is relying on a small number of members to help her (as I am right now), I feel constant support would be better than periodic support, which perhaps ladies who can rely on a large number of members would prefer.

Evvie said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Hmm. I would rather tips be spread out over a period of time instead of getting all those tokens at once. And here be why!

It would be less stressful to me to be able to rely on a regular to tip a small amount each night, than to have one good night and be more stressed out for the next week or two.

When I have been more successful (I've been floundering about for the past couple of months, and I wholly blame the accursed summer) I would probably say that either one is good and will make me equally happy. If a lady is relying on a small number of members to help her (as I am right now), I feel constant support would be better than periodic support, which perhaps ladies who can rely on a large number of members would prefer.

Makes sense, bb :thumbleft:
I also feel like less of a freeloader, even though I'm still tipping the same amounts I always was.

mynameisbob84 said:
Evvie said:
mynameisbob84 said:

Makes sense, bb :thumbleft:
I also feel like less of a freeloader, even though I'm still tipping the same amounts I always was.
Oh, I also want to say...

If you decide to tip a lady a large amount at once, it is unnecessary to apologize later on for not tipping. You contributed a huge amount to the lady's goal that day, and to her payperiod goal. So far I haven't talked to any model who says she likes members to tell her they can't tip towards her countdown, and she hasn't forgot what you did before. I definitely do not begrudge members for dropping a big tip and then holding off for a few days. But when a member tells me "Oh sorry I can't tip today after that other tip," it makes me feel like a slavedriver who demands moar money and that doens't feel good :(

I am going to start out by saying this: All of you wonderful, tipping members are so very, very welcome in my room! :p

My all time biggest tip was 1875. It made me freak out! xD I was so fucking happy I couldn't speak!!

I've gotten a handful of tips above 1000 (most of them from the same member) and they always make me really happy! Especially when they are offline tips, those rock my world :D

Anything between 100-500 will make me go "aaaaw" and get warm in my heart for the person tipping. 500-999 will make me really happy! Above 1000 is fucking awesome!!!

I fantasize about a 5-digit tip though, that would make me lose my shit! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.