AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Models making bad use of mfc users info?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2012
Interwebs
Hi! How are you. I'm new here, so hi all! :D I would really appreciate advice from you (models or other guys experienced with the camming world).

The short story and question in 5 lines: I've been chatting with a MFC model for a few months and suddenly I'm paranoid that she (or someone connected with her, like her studio) could make bad use of the personal info she has about me. I'm aware this is not usual (as well as most of guys are just normal guys, but still there are stalkers out there). I'm also worried because I've read that some studios in Eastern Europe are connected with criminal activities.. so maybe they usually do this? Maybe she could be forced to? Do you know if this is something that could happen?

The long story (optional):

I've read a lot about people trying to blackmail cam models. But now I'm getting a little paranoid about something and wanted to ask you... have you heard about models (or people connected to models) making bad use of users' personal info? Of course, I am not assuming that's a normal or usual behavior, I'm just asking about "bad apples"... I also mention "people connected with models" because I understand that in some specific countries some studios are run by people involved in criminal activities (mafias, etc.).

The issue is... I've been chatting with a mfc model for a few months (in PMs, about day-to-day stuff, problems, etc.), and she and I have shared some personal information (first name, location, what we study). I have no reason to think she has been lying to me (specially after she told me she lied to me when we met, because she has default fake answers for all those things). I'm also very aware of privacy issues for models, so I rarely make questions about personal info (I also want to be sure she knows I'm a normal guy and I'm not a stalker). I have also shared more info than her, which is OK to me. She usually asks me to turn on my cam in mfc just to chat when her room is slow (pointing my face, not my genitals lol). Also, I am not a good tipper (don't have a lot of money...) so I don't think she has been friendly over this long period of time just because she expects money.

UNTIL... this last week she has sent me some emails... and now she is asking me for my Facebook account (personal or B-side account? I don't know, she didn't specify... I have a B-side Facebook account, but I do know that even through your B-side account you can unintentionally expose personal info). She asked me politely (only if you are comfortable, she said in her email). But I feel she is going faster than I expected. Maybe I am more concerned about privacy issues and more cautious about this than her. And specially... what if the people at her studio are used to do this? What if a friend told her she could easily use me if she gets some more info about me?

The way she asked me for my Facebook also made me suspicious. She said she wants to be "always" in contact with me. That sounds like she is talking to a regular-horny MFC member, not to a friend. But... she doesn't have a great English (as you noticed, me neither lol) so maybe that was the best sentence she could write and her way to say "let's stay in touch". Also, I think that if I ask her are you talking about our personal Facebooks or our B-side Facebooks, she might feel offended. She doesn't have a Facebook listed in her profile, so I'm guessing she is talking about her and my real Facebooks?

I don't know... I know I'm being paranoid. Should I be worried? In fact, at this point, it doesn't matter if I give her my Facebook or not... I feel that she could track me if she wanted with the info I have already gave her. I suppose that's why I'm really nervous.

This actually could happen or is only my imagination and I just met a friendly nice girl? Moreover, I consider her a friend, and I feel really bad thinking this way about her. But you know, sometimes people don't have a choice.

Sorry for the looong email. Thanks in advance for your comments.

Only ever give as much information as you are comfortable giving

By writing this post it seems you are much less than comfortable with it and should avoid it, at least for now until you are more sure of her intentions (this day may never come)

She MIGHT have the best intentions in the world but it all seems a bit too "easy"

I have a "B side" Twitter I use and one day, when I finally decide to move on from MFC I might give certain people my actual Twitter account but that would be me asking the question and only to a select few ive built up some trust with and then the ball would be in their court. I don't think I would ever give away any actual personal information at the request of a model, aside the basic stuff.

You sound paranoid. If you are worried about it, then do not give away personal information. Nine models know my secret real name and address. Not a single one tried to stalk me though. Maybe I did not drop enough hints. :think:

Eh, I thing you're being paranoid. But paranoia is not necessarily a bad thing. Within normal levels, it can keep you safe.

But, you know, only do what you're comfortable with. I don't give out personal info to just anyone. Whether it be a camsite or otherwise. I'm also not so paranoid that I would never give out personal info to someone I was comfortable with.

As far as a "B" account, I kept a separate Twitter for a while just for cam friends. Not so much to to avoid nefarious activity, but because my regular account would not be of interest to the models. And on that note, why would she even have to know that it was your "b" facebook?

I've never heard of this before but if you're suspicious I'd suggest not giving her your personal information (facebook) and possibly even finding a new model that you're not suspicious of.

Reactions: theguitarrist
I think you're overthinking things.

If you think she is being somehow disingenuous, it seems more likely she is trying to create a false bond to try and get money out of you.

If you are worried about models or studios blackmailing you... don't get on webcam, don't give them your first name, and don't involve any of your personal sites on MFC. It is not hard to have a genuine relationship with people without any of that information. If you feel like a douche saying, "well lol my name is Guitarrist of course" when models ask for your real name, or, "oh well I don't really use facebook," or, "haha you wish I would get on webcam :p" then I guess you literally have no choice but to hand over what they want.

Otherwise, just don't do it.

RogueWarrior said:
I don't give out personal info to just anyone.
At this point, that seems to be the best idea. Things don't go wrong until they go wrong... so in order to prevent, maybe the best policy is don't share anything, even if you feel it's ok.
Thanks!

AllisonWilder said:
I've never heard of this before but if you're suspicious I'd suggest not giving her your personal information (facebook)
Yes!

AllisonWilder said:
and possibly even finding a new model that you're not suspicious of.
Difficult... maybe I'm being paranoid... so I'll keep talking to her, but I'll be more cautious... until I'm sure.
Thanks!

Evvie said:
I think you're overthinking things.
Sounds like my usual issue in real life too... lol.

Evvie said:
If you think she is being somehow disingenuous, it seems more likely she is trying to create a false bond to try and get money out of you.
Yeah, I think that's much more probable than the conspiratorial theory. I can live with that, despite it would be disappointing (I'm not naive, but I thought we had a different relationship at this point).

Evvie said:
If you are worried about models or studios blackmailing you... don't get on webcam, don't give them your first name, and don't involve any of your personal sites on MFC.
True. Since it seems I'm a bit paranoid, maybe the best would be not giving any info at all... that way I'm sure where I am and I avoid these problems.
Thanks!

Reactions: IntoTheVoid
If you are not worried about her outing you on facebook, that you spend time on MFC, there is not really anything to be concerned about. The chances of them using your personal information for any kind of gain seems a little far fetched. I am assuming you are not giving them your passwords, bank info or social security number. :lol: I have never heard of single instance of a model stalking a member or blackmailing a member, but then again I suppose we would not hear if it was successful. ;)

Personally, I would be more concerned about game playing. It might seem nice and you may think it has nothing to do with tokens (since you said you are not able to tip often) but I have found they always want something in the end and it is usually not in your best interest. Always be careful but I would not overly worry about it. :twocents-02cents:

Just Me said:
I am assuming you are not giving them your passwords, bank info or social security number. :lol:
LOL I haven't! :p
Just Me said:
I have never heard of single instance of a model stalking a member or blackmailing a member,
Seems that it's something that doesn't happen... just a guy as paranoid as I am could imagine this lol
Just Me said:
Personally, I would be more concerned about game playing.
I can handle that...
Just Me said:
Always be careful but I would not overly worry about it. :twocents-02cents:
Yeah, thanks for that. I sometimes worry too much :)

I think you're being paranoid tbh. If she has a facebook she's willing to give you she likely doesn't want to be 'exposed' either.

'Always' in contact is something some European models say when they basically mean - if I were to quit this tomorrow you'd never see me again so is there a way we can stay in contact outside the site?

Anyone in the 'real world' can very easily find loads more stuff about you than will ever be on facebook - should you be concerned about stalking every time you hand over a bank card in a store? Or they ask your phone number to call you when something is in stock?

You've been talking to her for months you said, maybe she just has decided you're an 'actual' friend and wants to put you on her fb so you don't lose contact? Only YOU know how much you tip her and whether she's likely to be playing games. I would really stress though that this isn't always the case, I've been friends with models for a couple of years in some cases and definitely not based on tips (also don't have a lot of money) - the main one I'm thinking of even took my cat's x-rays to her vet for a second opinion - in Romania.

I think Jupiter said it well enough
she's probably a nice girl who wants to keep in touch outside of mfc and her studio isn't nefarious at all
I think, you're over thinking and being too paranoid... and besides you can control what info you put in your facebook (i've always been more paranoid about what FACEBOOK does with my info rather than the users of facebook, hence why I deleted mine )
if you don't mind some answering curious questions like "who's that chick from romania/russia/ukraine you have on your facebook" from real life friends if they decide to check up on you, I don't think you have anything to worry about.. and you can always answer vaguely "i met her on the internet"
and at the end of the day, if you're not comfy giving up the info, don't do it.

Based on your posting, I don't see any reason why you should be paranoid, if there is something wrong, scam attempts or so, then they would not wait so long and would already made a move long time ago. I think its a natural next step, just do it and stop thinking so much, enjoy life.

PlayboyMegan said:
I know a member who was stalked and blackmailed by a model. They can be just as dangerous as members. You are not being paranoid, but smart!! :thumbleft:
Wow... ok, good to have in mind that something like that could actually happen. Btw, you have beautiful pictures in your profile! I think I haven't seen you online yet.

Regarding the model, we've continued emailing each other and seems like I was unreasonably paranoid. Still, I decided not to share personal accounts with her, but I did share the accounts I use to stay in touch with friends I've made through Internet. Basically, if I share my personal accounts I feel I wouldn't be opening only my life, but the life of my most loved ones and friends... and that makes me feel uncomfortable (at least at this point).

I'll update you if anything relevant happens. Thanks so much for all your comments! :clap:

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
I'm not saying it cannot happen, but I think it is quite rare. The information on me for example could lead to all sorts of trouble, but I gave it willingly. A model often will need to see if you are real or just a player so the giving of personal information is part of the game. Its a two way street. A model can often be paranoid about the information she either willingly gives out lets slip in public chat. We have to accept that there are nutters out there, but not everyone is. The proof is in the pudding, as we say in Antarctica.))))

Something to remember is that we are all traceable now in this electronic age. Every time you use Facebook or Twitter you are potentially publishing to the entire world. In the real world all of your banking transactions, for example ( by cash point or point of sale) can be traced and it is not beyond certain government agencies to follow certain people of interest. Just remember never to type the word B*MB.

And it is worth remembering for those of you that have I phones, ( especially those that are new to the gadget and are unfamiliar with them) is that if you use any app for Facebook on your phone then you will need to reset all your privacy options, and keep checking them ! The same goes for Twitter and Skype.

A little paranoia can be healthy, yo. In all likelihood, you had/have nothing to worry about but it can't hurt to be cautious. I kinda keep my twitter (save for a few work folk who tracked me down on there before I set my account to private) for internet folk - and as of late, a few MFC/ACF folk - and then my facebook for real world friends and family. There's no real reason to keep the two separate but I just feel more comfortable doing things that way.

I would say that if you have second thoughts, you should listen to your gut. Models definitely get the shaft a lot (hehe), but not all models are trustworthy. Members should guard themselves just like models do when they feel something is off.

In all honesty, you're indeed over thinking it all. There's maybe a dozen models that have my real info and I have had zero issues. [most are in the EU] As IRL, choose your friends carefully, don't just run your mouth with sensitive personal info. After that, dont sweat it and enjoy her friendship. Also, I have never understood the need some folks have to rush and share all intimate details of the "A & B sides" of life in such instances. Know the person for awhile... maybe a year, maybe more, depending on the contact.... If you then have the desire and trust has been established, then you can let them in. :twocents-02cents:

I only read the short version, and I think you're over analyzing...I mean, why worry about something that didn't happen? It's like asking, what are the chances that another planet will collide with ours and freaking out about it. Don't give out personal info since you don't feel comfy about it. If you did not give out a social security number, your address or credit card information, you should be fine.

I don't know about you, but I'm a pretty confident guy when it comes to my well being. I've given my phone number, Facebook, e-mail and home address to multiple models if/when they ask for it. Sure, they could send out some hit-men in an attempt to kidnap/kill me, but really, what would they gain?

Best case scenario, they flee from their respective countries and come to live with me, free of the cam girl lifestyle :dance:

Weirdtimmy said:
I don't know about you, but I'm a pretty confident guy when it comes to my well being. I've given my phone number, Facebook, e-mail and home address to multiple models if/when they ask for it. Sure, they could send out some hit-men in an attempt to kidnap/kill me, but really, what would they gain?

Best case scenario, they flee from their respective countries and come to live with me, free of the cam girl lifestyle :dance:
nothing so long as you didn't put them in your will :p

Well, finally my paranoia was totally unreasonable. We just became friends. We've been chatting over Facebook and Skype. I'm very lucky, she's great and has a great musical taste :)

Maybe we should close this thread, which will be the silent memory of my paranoia.
:twocents-02cents:

theguitarrist said:
Well, finally my paranoia was totally unreasonable. We just became friends. We've been chatting over Facebook and Skype. I'm very lucky, she's great and has a great musical taste :)

Maybe we should close this thread, which will be the silent memory of my paranoia.

Her fiendish plan is working!!!!!!

ComicOzzie said:
theguitarrist said:

Her fiendish plan is working!!!!!!
lol

theguitarrist said:
PlayboyMegan said:
I know a member who was stalked and blackmailed by a model. They can be just as dangerous as members. You are not being paranoid, but smart!! :thumbleft:
Wow... ok, good to have in mind that something like that could actually happen. Btw, you have beautiful pictures in your profile! I think I haven't seen you online yet.

Regarding the model, we've continued emailing each other and seems like I was unreasonably paranoid. Still, I decided not to share personal accounts with her, but I did share the accounts I use to stay in touch with friends I've made through Internet. Basically, if I share my personal accounts I feel I wouldn't be opening only my life, but the life of my most loved ones and friends... and that makes me feel uncomfortable (at least at this point).

I'll update you if anything relevant happens. Thanks so much for all your comments! :clap:
It's always good to protect your family and friends information safe. If need be, you can always create a separate Twitter or facebook account for MFC stuff, keeping the other information safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.