AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Banned from Chaturbate (seems like common issue here)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2014
chaturbate.com
Dear everyone,

I apologise that my 1st post after I got Cam Girl verified is about getting banned.. on CB!

I was in the middle of my cam session talking about random stuff with some cool people when suddenly I got banned for "violating their T&Cs". I submitted all the documents and was verified before I started camming last week. I have made over 10,000tk and it seems like it's a common issue here! I have emailed Shirley twice (last night and this morning), but still no reply so far. I have tweeted CB but that's no use either (I will be persistent!).

I will update more in the future. Oh and I have also PMed Shirley here in the forum but she hasn't been online in a week, so I will wait.

I hope you lovely ladies/gentlemen have a great weekend ahead!

All the best,
xxxyixiyxxx

xxxyixiyxxx said:
Dear everyone,

I apologise that my 1st post after I got Cam Girl verified is about getting banned.. on CB!

I was in the middle of my cam session talking about random stuff with some cool people when suddenly I got banned for "violating their T&Cs". I submitted all the documents and was verified before I started camming last week. I have made over 10,000tk and it seems like it's a common issue here! I have emailed Shirley twice (last night and this morning), but still no reply so far. I have tweeted CB but that's no use either (I will be persistent!).
xxxyixiyxxx

are you in the Philippines?
:think:

Do you use a vpn?

Maybe they think that you are logging in from the Philippines using a VPN account?

I guess you will just have to wait for Chaturbate to reply and see what excuse they come up with.

Reactions: xxxyixiyxxx
If you don't know if you're using a VPN, then you're probably not.

A VPN protects you by masking your location and making it appear as if your IP address is from a different area. Some sites can tell if you are using a VPN and may think it's shady.

Something tells me a VPN is not why you were banned though.

Did you advertise another URL?

I only put my Twitter URL (which I'm sure is allowed) and my Ebay Wishlist (allowed as well). I only cam with CB as of now. I may have mentioned some URL but definitely not cam related (ie Google).

I just asked my husband about VPN and he said we don't use it because there's no need to.

This is upsetting but I hope they will respond to me soon. I looked at MFC and tried signing up there. I will update if I've heard from CB. It seems like alot of their models complained about them being "ban happy".

Cheers.
xxxyixiyxxx

I quit CB recently (was camming there) chaturbate.com/p/takiaya bc I thought they were about to ban me as well, I got 5 warnings from customer support for things I did not do, they said I was advertising skype, (I always said NO SKYPE, I hate logging out of token sites to do skypes), they said I didnt have proper id on file @_@ I had been camming and getting paid since october, not sure how they lost my id, and other various stuff.

Its odd though that they just up and banned you though without telling you why.

RoseCavilla said:

A VPN protects you by masking your location and making it appear as if your IP address is from a different area. Some sites can tell if you are using a VPN and may think it's shady.

They may have thought she was in the Phillippines and using a VPN to mask her location. Since Chaturbate don't accept signups from there.

nzhere said:
RoseCavilla said:

They may have thought she was in the Phillippines and using a VPN to mask her location. Since Chaturbate don't accept signups from there.
Well she wasn't using a VPN when she was banned so that's not the issue. Some sites can tell if you're using a VPN.

MFC, for instance, lists me as belonging to whatever country I'm camming in regardless of what my VPN might say. And no, they don't just list whatever country I tell them to.

I'm sorry. I know it sucks, but there may not be much you can do. Chaturbate is not very respectful of its models.

My best advice is to try another site, even if you work things out with chaturbate. That way you'll at least have a back up. I love myfreecams and have never had any issues getting paid. A lot of girls on here love streamate. Search around! Just be cautious as to which site you sign up for. Always research them before you make any commitment or else you may end up being on a white label site, which is basically a studio that takes a cut of your pay.

Also you should look into clips4sale. It can generate income without you getting on cam.

Mygirlfund is also loved by many girls here.

Reactions: xxxyixiyxxx and Gen
Thank you, Rose! You are such a sweetheart! I just signed up for MFC, Streamate, & MGF. Although I am still waiting for them to verify me (weekend, so no one to verify me I guess).

I will try clips4sale as well. I am new to this camgirl life and I like it so far (I enjoy doing it) except when the site bans me! haha.

Thank you again.

FYI, I just talked to Shirley recently about Exxxotica and she was close to a week behind on new emails. I don't think she's ignoring you, just deep in email weeds.

I'm pretty sure the links are actually the problem... unless they do think you're using a VPN.

(I know, "some sites can tell". But the ones that CAN'T tell, it would be a person looking at her history and thinking "oh, she tried to sign up from the Phillippeans a few months ago. Probably a VPN")

I know they said they allow twitter and wishlists, but the truth is, girls have gotten banned from CB for twitter and wishlist links. It's safest just to not have any links at all. Not sure about mentioning what your twitter handle is without it linking... But, those might be the reason.

Good luck!

Thank you, Luna. That's stupid if they ban people because of their twitter links / wishlist. I didn't have it linked to my twitter just my wish list. We're still waiting for the reply. It sucks because we earned $500 for our first week and they froze our account. We will update as soon as we hear ANYTHING from them. Thank you again!

Reactions: LadyLuna
I got banned from CB too for no reason when I was brand new. That seems to happen a lot. I emailed them asking why I was banned and never got an answer, but they did unban me. Just keep emailing them-sorry this happened to you. I have my Twitter and wishlist links on my CB profile and I know several other performers do-that shouldn't be a problem.

You're welcome and thank you! I think it took about 2 days before they unbanned me (not exactly sure, it was a long time ago.) I only wrote them once, but I know they are bad about responding to emails. I never did get a response as to why I was banned, but they did unban me pretty quickly. Just keep trying to write them and good luck! :)

i know there are some new rules which haven't been made known properly to broadcasters, camming outdoors is a big no-no, as is consumption of alcohol or drugs on cam, and the overly large toy rule, brought in because of american obscenity laws.

xxxyixiyxxx said:
Thank you for the suggestion, I have signed up for MFC but until now Im still not verified (this has been going on for 2 weeks now). I will apply for Stream Mate as well.
A silly question, but has the ID you used to get verified expired? a lot of models have been caught out by this before. if an ID you used for CB has expired you will have to get re-verified

They wouldn't block your emails. I don't know if their model support team is too small or just lazy, but they can take several weeks to respond to an email if they do at all.

My best advice: join MFC or streamate. Threaten to report chaturbate to the department of labor (or your country's equivalent) for not paying you if you cashed out your tokens and still haven't received your money.

I wouldn't threaten a site you might want to work with. They may be incompetent, but you may need them someday.

I wouldn't want to work with a site that won't pay me and which bans me for no reason without explanation.

I worked for chaturbate for three months and they never sent any of my paycheques, claiming all of them had been "lost in the mail". They wanted to charge me a ridiculous amount to issue stop payments on six cheques and reissue new ones. As soon as I mentioned the department of labor a few months into this my cheques miraculously appeared. Mind you, I started working for Chatubate in February. I should have received my first check in late Feb, but didnt see it until it was nearly June.

I understand where you're coming from and it's an excellent point when dealing with sites like MFC, but the thing is sites like MFC don't run into these issues because they respect their models. Given the way she's even treated by them I would only be concerned about getting my money that I earned, not with trying to work with them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.