AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did I get scammed?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2018
Hello everyone! I am new around these parts!

Today was my first time camming, and I have a feeling I almost got scammed. In all my reading, this is something I don't believe I was ready for.

Someone asked to be a moderator, and once granted asked me to give him a show so that he could coach me. There is a bit more to it, but that's the basics. He helped me with lighting, positioning and told me about all the different girls he's helped before.

I feel a bit weird now, this isn't normal, right?

Thanks!

Today was my first time camming, and I have a feeling I almost got scammed. In all my reading, this is something I don't believe I was ready for.

Someone asked to be a moderator, and once granted asked me to give him a show so that he could coach me. There is a bit more to it, but that's the basics. He helped me with lighting, positioning and told me about all the different girls he's helped before.

Thanks!
If you have to ask, the answer is usually yes.

Beware the 'helpers'.

Don't listen to those eager members wanting to help. You've come to the right place to get help. I advised getting verified so we can help you out even more in the model's only.

They are vultures.

Ah, yes, I'll definitely get verified! HE WAS A VULTURE. It definitely put me off, but finding this site I feel like I'm back on the right track !

Don't listen to those eager members wanting to help. You've come to the right place to get help. I advised getting verified so we can help you out even more in the model's only.

They are vultures.

Rule one,only give room helper or mod to the biggest tipper lol the pussy whipped ones who follow orders

no, trusted members, and that takes time to develop. there are big tippers i wouldn't even trust to walk my dog.

i don't see the purpose for member mods/room helpers, with bot options. especially if you are new and you don't have much of a following. block greys and you are solid.

For what it's worth, this happened to a model a moderate on CB.
I had taken a few days off from cam sites and when I came back, I saw she had a new moderator. Fair enough, that's perfectly understandable. No issues here. I then got talking with her and she was mentioning things that made me think it was someone doing this. Eventually she copied and pasted me his entire PM conversation and it was EXACTLY this rubbish. I know I shouldn't have but I got very frustrated with her BECAUSE she is a very intelligent lady and I couldn't believe she had let some guy do this to her. I explained the whole situation to her and we even spoke via messenger (face to face - video) and she too fully understood and realized. Although I did get annoyed with her, I also understood that it can be so innocent - as a model can be with a member too. Once she did see it too, she was gutted and couldn't believe how she could have fallen for it. So don't feel bad, is my point. It does happen to everyone - she had been camming for about 8 months at this point.

Greys that want to "coach" you are usually greys... and quite frankly they are just getting you to do positions and all kinds of things that THEY enjoy, not what your room/viewers are necessarily going to want, view or tip for. Unfortunately, like you say, lesson learned. This will make you much more aware of all types of scammers and idiots on the site, they can be very bad and even worse than this.

Typically, i'd always recommend never making a grey or anyone that comes begging for moderator status, because they are there for themselves and will move on to the next model. It's all well and good a person saying "I was/am mod for these 100 models".. well, being a mod for that many models is a BAD thing in my opinion. You need to be able to commit time and be with that mode when she is on. You want to be a genuine fan, who enjoys engaging in conversations, tipping etc. And if you think about it, why did he even need to be a mod to coach you? People who are genuine and sincere with helping you will do so without any special favours in return. So always remember that.

But yeah ultimately, don't let it stop you from doing more shows, just live and learn. Hopefully you didn't let him persuade/convince you to do anything too bad or embarrassing or out of your comfort zone.

no, trusted members, and that takes time to develop. there are big tippers i wouldn't even trust to walk my dog.

i don't see the purpose for member mods/room helpers, with bot options. especially if you are new and you don't have much of a following. block greys and you are solid.

The biggest tipper for something like this can be the worst. They can be the type of person who will silence and moan at EVERYONE else just because they are unable to match their amount of tips.
Regular and genuinely friendly members are the ones you want if you have a mod, in my opinion. Someone you could spend hours with if you're on for that long.

Thanks!

A lot of "helpful" members prey upon new models who don't know any better, and use their inexperience to get free stuff. In this case, this guy got a free show. Sure, he gave you advice about lighting and positioning, but he could have given you that advice from the public video feed. But he didn't want to help, not really, or he wouldn't have needed a free show.

That's a pretty common tactic that vulture dudes use, because new cam models are way more trusting than veterans. You want to believe that people are helpful and it seems like it's on the up and up - but it's just a guise to get free wank-material without having to spend a dime. It's funny because we were having a discussion in another thread about "helpful" members and the accuracy of their information and their intentions.

I wouldn't accept any advice from any member at face value. Especially when you are new because there are TONS of people that are going to try to take advantage of you. Get verified for these boards, and you'll have tons of advice - and girls who don't mind popping in to your public stream to give legit advice on your feed. Also, I wouldn't make anyone a moderator that you don't know or trust. In this line of work, it's better to expect people are going to try to scam you and be on your toes. Cuz unfortunately, there's a lot of really shitty people who will try to take advantage of your newness.

*hugs* I am glad you found this place, though! And if it makes you feel better... Almost every single new model has their own story about getting scammed in one form or another in their first few days. It sucks, but it's a big learning experience! And hopefully your second day will be much better!

I know of one girl who didn't want to spend the $15 a month for a bot.thats what she said. I of course ultimately mean the highest rippers you've developed trust with over time. It takes time especially with no actual/real human contact..and I was partially kidding as well

I know of one girl who didn't want to spend the $15 a month for a bot.
.... bots on chaturbate are free. And Charlesbot has been free for a while now on MFC.

Mods keep a sour taste in my mouth. The few experiences I’ve had with “helpers” is that they give a few basic suggestions for things like lighting that you can find easily online, and then expect a free show. I don’t like it. So I stay away from mods. If anyone is being kicked/silenced, it’s because I truly feel like it needs to be done. Not because some guy I don’t know but yet gave control over my room to is getting jealous over me talking to actual tippers. Like said previously, bots handle just about everything.

I know of one girl who didn't want to spend the $15 a month for a bot.thats what she said. I of course ultimately mean the highest rippers you've developed trust with over time. It takes time especially with no actual/real human contact..and I was partially kidding as well

what? bots are free on chaturbate and mfc... either she was telling you that to get you to tip her, or she is very very misinformed.

just trusted members. they don't even have to tip the highest. i have members if i had the option to and wanted to i would give mod, because they are good guys who i trust. they aren't even high tippers.

Some big tippers are WAYYYY too protective and white-knightey to be trusted with banning power.

Also.. as a new camgirl, just don't trust ANYONE until they've proven themselves trustworthy. But that takes a lot of time and knowing them well. I have been camming 8 years and have only a small handful of members that I trust.

Kinda. Maybe? Honestly, if the tips he gave you re: lighting and whatever else actually benefit you, and so long as you didn't waste too much time on him, it might not be the worst exchange. But there will be tons of these guys and any info they can offer up is stuff you can research/work out for yourself very easily.

Reactions: caireen
Status
Not open for further replies.