AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Starting in Summer

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2021
Twitter Username
@D_A_Xmfc
MFC Username
D_A_X
I've got my content almost ready, my profile stuff is up and looking nicely, and I want to start on MFC......

but I keep reading about how dreadfully slow summer is......I want the best chances to succeed.....is this month a bad month to start? Would waiting until September or closer to fall be better?

Thoughts?

Thank you and hope everyone has a good weekend !!!!

I've got my content almost ready, my profile stuff is up and looking nicely, and I want to start on MFC......

but I keep reading about how dreadfully slow summer is......I want the best chances to succeed.....is this month a bad month to start? Would waiting until September or closer to fall be better?

Thoughts?

People will always have reasons for it being slow "it's summer, summers slow", "it's winter, winters slow", "it rained, people dont have a good mood", It's sunny, people are outside". IMO best time to start is as soon as you can.

Last Summer months were my highest earning all year. This Summer they are about on par with other months. I’m a diff site though. A lot of times models get scared to speak up if they are doing well when other models are not. Because they are worried about comparison being the thief of joy. So if you are hearing a lot of models, somewhere complaining about being slow. There are probably others who are not slow, but do not want to say anything about it, because they do not want to become shot for being a messenger, or for honestly expressing how they are doing, and risk becoming a target of group scrutiny.

Plus, in general, the way our brains are wired as human beings, is that a lot of us will talk about the negative, but stay silent on the positive. So any forum or place you go online, there will be more people talking about what’s not going right for them. The people who are having stuff go right for them, are more likely to be silent. So it’s impossible to get a balanced accurate unbiased picture of what is truly going on. In that case, it makes more sense to jump in and find out for yourself. Because it’s not predictable .

Last edited:
People will always have reasons for it being slow "it's summer, summers slow", "it's winter, winters slow", "it rained, people dont have a good mood", It's sunny, people are outside". IMO best time to start is as soon as you can.
100% this. There will always be a "reason" for it to be slow. Summers are usually good for me, that's probably because I have more time to work, but even so, I have an overall experience with summers. (Which even though are winter months here I'm used to call summer because it's my clients' summer lol)

Last Summer months were my highest earning all year. This Summer they are about on par with other months. I’m a diff site though. A lot of times models get scared to speak up if they are doing well when other models are not. Because they are worried about comparison being the thief of joy. So if you are hearing a lot of models, somewhere complaining about being slow. There are probably others who are not slow, but do not want to say anything about it, because they do not want to become shot for being a messenger, or for honestly expressing how they are doing, and risk becoming a target of group scrutiny.

Plus, in general, the way our brains are wired as human beings, is that a lot of us will talk about the negative, but stay silent on the positive. So any forum or place you go online, there will be more people talking about what’s not going right for them. The people who are having stuff go right for them, are more likely to be silent. So it’s impossible to get a balanced accurate unbiased picture of what is truly going on. In that case, it makes more sense to jump in and find out for yourself. Because it’s not predictable .
Yeah if I'm not actually complaining about money that means I'm doing pretty well.

I think camming is like becoming a parent in a lot of ways (even though I'm not a parent to a human being) -- there's no right time to start a family and there will always be challenges and times that are better and worse than others. Same goes for camming. I spent years trying to figure out the best time slots, the best this & that and noticed when I stopped trying to work myself into a specific pattern or compete with other broadcasters that I did much, much better without much effort at all.

Thoughts?

I am only a user, so I can't give you the advice the models here can.

However, if I was asked an equivalent question in a field where I have experience, I would say that if you feel that you are ready and everything is set up to go, take the jump.

Is there a risk that it will not go well, yes. But there is also a risk that by postponing the start you will start to overthink it and that you will freeze when you eventually make the jump.

If you feel good about setup, have confidence, and believe in yourself, that goes a long way toward being successful, no matter what you do.

And should you encounter setbacks I am sure you will find help and support from the streamers in this forum.

Go broadcast! I had some lazy months but from June is just wow. Even if not many people I have, I never had so many money like in June, July and also August for now is wow. Dont wait, just go and work and wish you goodluck!
Thank you!!! I have just a few minor details to finish and I'm ready and this thread has been very encouraging. 👍🏻 Great to hear all this!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: BlackWizard
Thank you!!! I have just a few minor details to finish and I'm ready and this thread has been very encouraging. 👍🏻 Great to hear all this!!!
I am not active on MFC anymore, and haven't been for years.
But I just took a look at your profile and it looks very impressive.
If you put half the effort in to your streams that you have put in the profile you should do great things there.

Reactions: D_A_X
I am not active on MFC anymore, and haven't been for years.
But I just took a look at your profile and it looks very impressive.
If you put half the effort in to your streams that you have put in the profile you should do great things there.
Thank you so much - that's so sweet of you......🥰

Thoughts?

If you want to start this month, do that and try to stay consistent with the times that you cam on there so your regulars (who may make up the majority of your MFC earnings) know around when to expect you online. If you're on Twitter, enable MFC's auto-tweet feature so that it automatically tweets whenever you go live on there.

The number of reasons that people give for it being slow are neverending. Lol. I thought I'd heard it all until I saw models talking about "Well maybe because it's football season." 😂 Oh, for crying out loud.....lol.

"Summer slump" and people on family vacations
Back to school shopping/spending on their college student(s)
Holiday shopping and recovering from holiday shopping, and dealing with bills
"Football season"
Etc...etc...etc...etc. Lol.

When you do have your videos ready, upload them to your MFCShare page, and you can earn tokens from those sales without even having to be live on cam. I'm not sure if you're on other sites or not, like for sexting or Skype shows, but if I were you I'd also have myself logged into other sites while live on MFC. So if you're on SextPanther, stay logged in on there and set yourself as available for calls and/or video calls if you offer those. If you offer Skype shows and have a profile on SkyPrivate, you can log into SP and keep yourself available for that. Some models splitcam MyFreeCams with another site (Stripchat is another popular token site), and a program like ShineBrowser makes things easier for models camming on more than one site simultaneously.

When an MFC member says that he wants a flash but has to wait 'til he gets paid again...that's when I kindly remind him that MFC has small token packages available too. You don't have to always buy the $19.99 package or up. If a member is really wanting that tits flash, for example, he can go on there and just buy the 40 tokens package (or whatever you charge)...and tip that. I've told a member about this once when he really wanted a tits flash but didn't have any tokens. I really didn't think he was gonna buy the tokens, but surprisingly he bought the 40 tokens package and tipped me for that flash.

If you want to start this month, do that and try to stay consistent with the times that you cam on there so your regulars (who may make up the majority of your MFC earnings) know around when to expect you online. If you're on Twitter, enable MFC's auto-tweet feature so that it automatically tweets whenever you go live on there.

The number of reasons that people give for it being slow are neverending. Lol. I thought I'd heard it all until I saw models talking about "Well maybe because it's football season." 😂 Oh, for crying out loud.....lol.

"Football season"
I see the point you're making. Those are valid reasons why people pull back on discretionary spending. Sure, the guys who don't have families or social lives will always be a staple of the cam world, but I have four very high tippers who are currently doing summer activities with people and have no time for me but have given me dates of their return. Mostly, because my birthday is coming up and they want to assure me they'll be there for that as I have kindly asked them to be.

One went to visit presidential libraries, another is courting his girlfriend on a backpacking trip, and two more have kids they're trying to stabilize into a collegiate entrance. I guess my point is, those reasons aren't bullshit. They are inconvenient. But that's the way it is. You don't go to the strip club when you're behind on your electric bill. Okay, well maybe some people do. :))

I see the point you're making. Those are valid reasons why people pull back on discretionary spending. Sure, the guys who don't have families or social lives will always be a staple of the cam world, but I have four very high tippers who are currently doing summer activities with people and have no time for me but have given me dates of their return. Mostly, because my birthday is coming up and they want to assure me they'll be there for that as I have kindly asked them to be.

One went to visit presidential libraries, another is courting his girlfriend on a backpacking trip, and two more have kids they're trying to stabilize into a collegiate entrance. I guess my point is, those reasons aren't bullshit. They are inconvenient. But that's the way it is. You don't go to the strip club when you're behind on your electric bill. Okay, well maybe some people do. :))

I have a feeling you may have misinterpreted my post (because of my "For crying out loud" remark...lol). I wasn't saying that those reasons are bullshit. I was saying that there's always gonna be reasons given for it being slow, and that it's good to have other eggs in your basket.

I have a feeling you may have misinterpreted my post. I wasn't saying that those reasons are bullshit. I was saying that there's always gonna be reasons given for it being slow, and that it's good to have other eggs in your basket.
I think we're saying the same thing but in different ways. Which is usually my fault because I'm trying to over explain something, I didn't think you thought they were bullshit. I have seen other people be like "you need to ignore those things and pay attention to me now". Does that make sense? Like guys coming in and saying it's super slow and I'm like yeah there's a huge game on tonight and they're saying "well they should be here instead." It doesn't work that way is what I usually say in return. There's always a reason to not be online looking at your favorite cam girl. Hell I got up to go pee and my entire room emptied of blues five minutes ago.

I think we're saying the same thing but in different ways. Which is usually my fault because I'm trying to over explain something, I didn't think you thought they were bullshit. I have seen other people be like "you need to ignore those things and pay attention to me now". Does that make sense? Like guys coming in and saying it's super slow and I'm like yeah there's a huge game on tonight and they're saying "well they should be here instead." It doesn't work that way is what I usually say in return. There's always a reason to not be online looking at your favorite cam girl. Hell I got up to go pee and my entire room emptied of blues five minutes ago.

Yes, I didn't like it when MFC members (who were used to freeloading off of my #1 regular's tokens) would say "Where is _____? Why isn't he here?" Um...a man is allowed to have a life outside of our cam rooms. In fact, he should anyway. There shouldn't be any pressure to come see me every single day...whether I'm your favorite model or not. I think it's crazy to guilt trip a member for missing your streams.

"Well they should be here instead." Lol. Yeah, that sounds like a lowkey way of saying "Your spenders need to be in here, bb, so my cheap ass can benefit from their tokens..."

Yes, I didn't like it when MFC members (who were used to freeloading off of my #1 regular's tokens) would say "Where is _____? Why isn't he here?" Um...a man is allowed to have a life outside of our cam rooms. In fact, he should anyway. There shouldn't be any pressure to come see me every single day...whether I'm your favorite model or not. I think it's crazy to guilt trip a member for missing your streams.

"Well they should be here instead." Lol. Yeah, that sounds like a lowkey way of saying "Your spenders need to be in here, bb, so my cheap ass can benefit from their tokens..."
That shit is super creepy. I hate it when guys come in and just start talking to tippers like they knew them for years. Bitch, I built that relationship, not you. It never ceases to amaze me just how weird this game can be.

Reactions: yummybrownfox

"Football season"

When you do have your videos ready, upload them to your MFCShare page, and you can earn tokens from those sales without even having to be live on cam. I'm not sure if you're on other sites or not, like for sexting or Skype shows, but if I were you I'd also have myself logged into other sites while live on MFC. So if you're on SextPanther, stay logged in on there and set yourself as available for calls and/or video calls if you offer those. If you offer Skype shows and have a profile on SkyPrivate, you can log into SP and keep yourself available for that. Some models splitcam MyFreeCams with another site (Stripchat is another popular token site), and a program like ShineBrowser makes things easier for models camming on more than one site simultaneously.

When an MFC member says that he wants a flash but has to wait 'til he gets paid again...that's when I kindly remind him that MFC has small token packages available too. You don't have to always buy the $19.99 package or up. If a member is really wanting that tits flash, for example, he can go on there and just buy the 40 tokens package (or whatever you charge)...and tip that. I've told a member about this once when he really wanted a tits flash but didn't have any tokens. I really didn't think he was gonna buy the tokens, but surprisingly he bought the 40 tokens package and tipped me for that flash.
@yummybrownfox you always give such solid advice here and I appreciate it so much 😉 after much encouragement it looks like I'm going to make my August broadcast date as I had planned.....I'm not on other sites just yet as I found creating content for MFC took up most of my free time, but I do mean to explore other sites as well and hopefully find one or two that I vibe with to supplement my income.

I have uploaded my videos already but just haven't 'listed' them as I have one more i'm finishing editing and I wanted to put them all up at once and closer to my start date. (yes....i REALLY get in my head....Lol)

I agree with you on the many reasons why things could be slow......and the many reasons to not get hung up on that.....makes total sense. I'm not giving it another thought to be honest and I'm just focusing on my start date......

I appreciate your support so much!!! thanks, everyone 😘

Just wanted to say I'm having my highest earning month all year, just like nI did last August. Especially the last week. I would advise not to delay :party:
The sooner you start, the sooner you start collecting Regs and new sign ups for the site. People will sign up just for one particular model they happen to like.

Just wanted to say I'm having my highest earning month all year, just like nI did last August. Especially the last week. I would advise not to delay :party:
The sooner you start, the sooner you start collecting Regs and new sign ups for the site. People will sign up just for one particular model they happen to like.
How wonderful for you!!!! Thats great and very encouraging to hear.

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
How wonderful for you!!!! Thats great and very encouraging to hear.
Thank you, and I'm not the only one. Not trying to brag, I just wanted to put some positivity out there. A lot of times if I'm doing well when others are saying it's slow, I just won't say anything. But it's tough, because in my first few years, I lived off of posts on SW where more experienced models would share when they were doing good, and even share real numbers. So it feels shitty to have to stay quiet about it, given that's a big part of what motivated me to be where I am today, and not give up.

A lot of people don't want to say they are busy when others are slow, because some models get upset and "triggered" reading that. But it kind of makes it seem like everyone's suffering and the market's such doom and gloom, when no one who's doing well speaks up. Out of fear of being the subject of extra scrutiny, cruelty, gossip and possible trolling. It can also discourage others from even logging on and trying, when there's a great chance they would have made a good bag, and had a good day.

Anyways I'll get off my soapbox now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.