AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

am i helping or hurting models ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2013
first off i hope i am saying this in the right section
i am a premium member who is unable to tip do to real events in his life so i try to help out models i like in other ways
1. try to keep chat flowing asking question to the model and often completing her looks outfits or anything new she might be wearing
2. helping with questions other premium members ask when the model is busy say getting food or in the middle of a show or has just been asked it so many times she does not feel like it
3. making up games for the models to play while being tipped or do them instead of countdowns where she just waits to be tipped or making suggestions for that she might like to try in pubic chat like shot, spanks, hits, flashes, or many other things in general
4. sometimes i yell at premium members who go to far ask question that are just wrong in every way i would say some but i am sure you all have heard some before
5. i try to be in the models room almost ever time she cams to help with the things i have stated before
6.telling friends i know to come talk and if they like the model tip if they are able normally the more people in the room the better i think

those are most of the stuff i do for models i like and get to know i never ask for anything in return
or try not to ... lol so plz tell me should i be doing something different ? should i be helping them in a different way ? should i be letting them do this stuff on there own so they get used to it ?
thank you for your comment, criticism, suggestions.

Reactions: emptiedglass
fishandchips said:
i am a premium member who is unable to tip do to real events in his life so i try to help out models i like in other ways
1. try to keep chat flowing asking question to the model and often completing her looks outfits or anything new she might be wearing
2. helping with questions other premium members ask when the model is busy say getting food or in the middle of a show or has just been asked it so many times she does not feel like it
3. making up games for the models to play while being tipped or do them instead of countdowns where she just waits to be tipped or making suggestions for that she might like to try in pubic chat like shot, spanks, hits, flashes, or many other things in general
4. sometimes i yell at premium members who go to far ask question that are just wrong in every way i would say some but i am sure you all have heard some before
5. i try to be in the models room almost ever time she cams to help with the things i have stated before
6.telling friends i know to come talk and if they like the model tip if they are able normally the more people in the room the better i think
those are most of the stuff i do for models i like and get to know i never ask for anything in return
or try not to ... lol so plz tell me should i be doing something different ? should i be helping them in a different way ? should i be letting them do this stuff on there own so they get used to it ?

The bolded one probably does more harm than good. There's very little more annoying in camland than being told to tip a model by another member. Especially one that isn't tipping themselves :twocents-02cents:

Bob already made an excellent point about #6 on your list, but #4 is also something that could be doing more harm than good.

A good rule of thumb is to talk to the model about it before you go about doing anything on her behalf (like asking members to come tip or yelling at anyone in her chat). Some may find it sweet and/or helpful and they won't mind, but some will find it irritating or bothersome.

sorry maybe i wrote that part wrong i never tell my friends to tip models i only tell them models i like and most of my friends have liked all the models i have ever said where cool i would never demand my friend to tip a model just because i said to i only ask them to come talk and maybe spread the word if they liked her as well

fishandchips said:

1.okay
2.okay if the model says so, ask if would like that....some people don't.
3.There is nothing more annoying that somebody trying to tell you how to do your job.... especially somebody that has never had your job.
4.No need to police a room unless asked.
5.If you recommended something before, unless directly asked for help about that subject again, drop it.
6.Spend your money, don't try to spend other members.

You're doing a little of both

You're playing the game called "If I help her, she will not mind that I am freeloading in her room <maybe give me somethin' somethin' on the side>". Which is fine..all premiums have played this game. I suspect a few of them will respond with lies saying they don't.

But ya know what: If she is doing well because of your advice...then there is nothing wrong with any of it.

I have never been successful helping models with the suggestions you mentioned (playing games, promotions, etc). I have helped models out by suggesting she choose a different homepage pic (off her profile) and also just spreading the word out about her.

I'm going to be honest with you. I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but you sound seriously annoying. Like the member every model dreads.

I have a few members who hang out in my room yet never tip, never have tipped, who try these "helpful" things. I hate them. Sure I'm friendly with them, but I know who they are, I don't give a fuck what life situation they're in, I'm not running a charity. If they truly can never once in their lives donate a couple of pounds my way then they can go to hell for all I care. Seeing as they can afford internet and a laptop I think they can afford those few pounds if they're in my room every single time I come online.

On your list:

1. Ok, cool,
2. Ok (as long as it's truly when the model isn't around)
3. I would probably kill you. As was pointed out before, there is nothing more annoying than someone trying to tell you how to do your job when they have never done it themselves.... no wait! Got that wrong, it's even more annoying when someone who has never once tipped you/helped you with your job and has never done your job thinks it's ok to tell you how to do it. And yes, it can also be harmful. What's also harmful is to tell the model these things you're wasting her time. You're never intending on tipping her, so stop wasting her time!
4. wtf?! Ghah! If even a member who does tip me ever thought that was ok I would ban him! You do NOT yell at people. Sure if a troll has come into the room clearly trolling be like "that's not true/out of order" but yelling? No. Just no.
5. Yeah... the "I'm in the models room every single night every time they're online to help them" No, you're there to get free entertainment. It is allowed, so do it, but don't try acting like you're doing it to help.
6. Mmmmm most people who actually tip are not fooled by this tirade. If you do genuinely bring new tippers to a girls room then awesome. If you bring more freeloaders who'll take up her time, then no, this kind of sucks.

Basically, you are a freeloader. Whatever your excuses in life are, that is what you are. Large chances are the girl you are talking to has more financial issues than you do, let's face it, I love camming, but I did it because I needed money and there were very few other choices, I didn't start doing it because I thought "Here's a wonderful way to give back to the people!". I wasn't even trying to be greedy, I just wanted to be able to feed myself. Accept that a lot of camgirls are in fact pretty dam poor.

Help with the conversation, as long as you're not being creepy with complements or taking it all up. Never mention yellow walls, tipping, or complain about others not tipping. You can do the maths for countdowns, but remember to make sure the tips are in fact for countdowns, maybe ask the model if she's cool with that.
Never make suggestions in her job. It's insulting/distracting/annoying when a tipper does it, seeing as, lets face it, your opinion has zero relevance, I think you should probably keep quiet in this area.
Do not play white knight in the room by shouting at people, follow the camgirls lead, always. Sometimes you do NOT know the situation, and sometimes people in the room might not understand what's going on, seeing you acting that way can seriously deter people and discourage others from chatting/getting involved.

Any other advice: Small token packages. You're in a models room every single time she's online. Maybe twice a month you can buy 20 tokens and tip her. Like I said before, if you can afford internet and a computer, food, and general life expenses, oh yeah, and have enough free time to sit there watching models all the time, I think you can afford a few dollars twice a month. It will up the models respect for you that much. And other members in the room.

I'd say you're hurting more than helping

However, the worst is when a freeloader is demanding other people to tip and constantly posting those "tip her please" or yellow wall emotes.

I tell them i'll match their tips for the next hour, usually shuts them up.

Also like Isabella already said, if you can't afford to even buy 10-20 tokens once a month then you should probably close MFC and start re-evaluating your life.

i am always get a feel of the models room before i do any of these things
and as for #4 i only yell at people saying pedo stuff or asking question about the models life she already said she did not want to talk about

i will watch out for #3 from now on thank you

and my friends are my friends for a reason i know great models and try to find new ones and i would never demand they would tip a model because i cant that is wrong in so many ways

Just from my own perspective,

fishandchips said:
Keeping chat flowing is good! Compliments are good! Good for you.
This is a fine line to walk.

For the most part, I absolutely hate it when members try to speak for me, ESPECIALLY if I could have answered and ESPECIALLY if they get it wrong.

If I was doing a show and clearly not paying attention to chat, and some dude comes in and says, "is she asian?" then yeah, I would be fine with another guy saying, "no, she's some sort of nordic." But I have heard many stories, and experienced them myself, where well-meaning members spread false information they just assumed was true. In general, I would not be happy with a member answering any questions for me about how I run my room, what I am willing to do, what will happen during a show, what I like or don't like, et cetera.

As Isabella said, we rarely enjoy being told how to do our jobs.

I imagine there is a tier of models who are so uneducated about their own profession that they really never considered it may be possible to do shots or flashes for tokens. That being said, any member who comes in to my room and suggests I ditch my boring countdown in exchange for his fun game (especially while he meanwhile never tips) is being extremely rude and would probably be permanently banned.
One of my biggest all-time pet peeves of MFC was when members decided to 'take down' a troll instead of letting me deal with it. They always made the situation so much worse by taking away all the attention from me and giving the troll everything he wanted. I always ended up getting way more irritated at members who tried to drag the issue on and on and on instead of ignoring the troll like they should have and letting me ban him.

This is very subjective, but I would feel uncomfortable with a member trying to find me every time I cam. Having regulars is a lot of fun and really enjoyable, but I do not like to feel that I am being stalked and watched by a member who only comes in to enjoy free shows for hours and hours while he simultaneously tries to run my chatroom and tell me what to do. MANY models experience times when they dread getting online because 'that one guy' is always there waiting for them.

This is cool beans, just as long as you don't tell them to tip.

lol so plz tell me should i be doing something different ?
I would recommend you ask all models for permission to give them advice and moderate their chatrooms before you do so.

should i be letting them do this stuff on there own so they get used to it ?

Wooooooooah. What the fuck is this shit?

I read through your entire post, being all, "ok, this guy is probably a little misguided but I guess he's cool." But now, seriously, what the fuck dude?

You honestly believe most models are incapable of camming without your help? You believe that the average model has no idea how to ban a troll, complete a countdown or get tippers before you show up to help them?

Models are not little baby birds who are scared and afraid and need members to take care of them. You better cut that shit out right now, dude. I am beginning to think you have an extremely poor idea of the average model's intelligence and ability to take care of herself as an adult.

yeah, as a current freeloader myself i learned a long time ago that pretty much nothing i do "helps" or "hurts" a model, but it is possible to piss them off, irritate them, or otherwise be a dolt. if you've got to freeload (which is sometimes unavoidable if you're in the right situation and still crave human interaction) then just be polite at all times, enjoy whatever conversation is going on without trying to run it, and above all be polite. yeah i said it twice. its like fight club, some things are important enough to need saying twice. and despite that, good manners are still so very rarely used that its depressing

The best way to help a model is to tip them or spend tokens on them in some way. If you aren't doing that, you aren't helping. So stop trying to find other ways to "help" and just sit back and freeload quietly and/or politely join in conversation.

Simple enough, eh?

AmberCutie said:
The best way to help a model is to tip them or spend tokens on them in some way. If you aren't doing that, you aren't helping. So stop trying to find other ways to "help" and just sit back and freeload quietly and/or politely join in conversation.

Simple enough, eh?

I do love you Amber. The word love may be thrown around a lot, but in times like this, I really feel it is necessary!

thank you evvie for your thought out reply
and the comment you found the worst of it i am sorry for it was poorly thought out and i am sorry for typing it i will try to pick my words and thoughts better if i post again

I would ban the mother fuck out of you in a jiffy! Sorry to be so rude but holy shit you sound like the epitome of the worst premium ever!

Isabella_deL said:
I'm going to be honest with you. I'm sure your heart is in the right place, but you sound seriously annoying. Like the member every model dreads.

I have a few members who hang out in my room yet never tip, never have tipped, who try these "helpful" things. I hate them. Sure I'm friendly with them, but I know who they are, I don't give a fuck what life situation they're in, I'm not running a charity. If they truly can never once in their lives donate a couple of pounds my way then they can go to hell for all I care. Seeing as they can afford internet and a laptop I think they can afford those few pounds if they're in my room every single time I come online.

On your list:

1. Ok, cool,
3. I would probably kill you. As was pointed out before, there is nothing more annoying than someone trying to tell you how to do your job when they have never done it themselves.... no wait! Got that wrong, it's even more annoying when someone who has never once tipped you/helped you with your job and has never done your job thinks it's ok to tell you how to do it. And yes, it can also be harmful. What's also harmful is to tell the model these things you're wasting her time. You're never intending on tipping her, so stop wasting her time!
4. wtf?! Ghah! If even a member who does tip me ever thought that was ok I would ban him! You do NOT yell at people. Sure if a troll has come into the room clearly trolling be like "that's not true/out of order" but yelling? No. Just no.
5. Yeah... the "I'm in the models room every single night every time they're online to help them" No, you're there to get free entertainment. It is allowed, so do it, but don't try acting like you're doing it to help.
6. Mmmmm most people who actually tip are not fooled by this tirade. If you do genuinely bring new tippers to a girls room then awesome. If you bring more freeloaders who'll take up her time, then no, this kind of sucks.

Basically, you are a freeloader. Whatever your excuses in life are, that is what you are. Large chances are the girl you are talking to has more financial issues than you do, let's face it, I love camming, but I did it because I needed money and there were very few other choices, I didn't start doing it because I thought "Here's a wonderful way to give back to the people!". I wasn't even trying to be greedy, I just wanted to be able to feed myself. Accept that a lot of camgirls are in fact pretty dam poor.

Help with the conversation, as long as you're not being creepy with complements or taking it all up. Never mention yellow walls, tipping, or complain about others not tipping. You can do the maths for countdowns, but remember to make sure the tips are in fact for countdowns, maybe ask the model if she's cool with that.
Never make suggestions in her job. It's insulting/distracting/annoying when a tipper does it, seeing as, lets face it, your opinion has zero relevance, I think you should probably keep quiet in this area.
Do not play white knight in the room by shouting at people, follow the camgirls lead, always. Sometimes you do NOT know the situation, and sometimes people in the room might not understand what's going on, seeing you acting that way can seriously deter people and discourage others from chatting/getting involved.

Any other advice: Small token packages. You're in a models room every single time she's online. Maybe twice a month you can buy 20 tokens and tip her. Like I said before, if you can afford internet and a computer, food, and general life expenses, oh yeah, and have enough free time to sit there watching models all the time, I think you can afford a few dollars twice a month. It will up the models respect for you that much. And other members in the room.

I rather like the cut of your jib. I'll have to check out your room sometime :thumbleft:

Pretty much all of these depend on the model, and on how you do it. So I will answer for myself, and not presume that my answers apply to everyone on the forum.

1. try to keep chat flowing by asking questions and complementing her

If your questions seem relevant, and your complements don't give off a creepy vibe, I'm all for this! My chatroom gets rather dead between shows and tips...

2. helping with questions if a model is busy, or seems annoyed with the guys asking

If I am busy, I always appreciate it. Sometimes, I can go from being annoyed at the people asking, to being ready to answer sweetly again, in the same session, so that one is a little... risky. My rule of thumb is- unless I'm busy, let me deal with it.

3. making up games or giving suggestions

If you do this in pm, or even better, via MFC mail, and you are respectful in the suggestion, this is awesome to me! My dice game came about by the members in my room suggesting I do something with it. And it got even better when someone commented "I assume, seeing as you're a geek, that this will be like DnD where the better results are at the higher numbers?" I wasn't planning on it, but it was an awesome suggestion, and gave me a way to make it fun (shouting Critical Hit! on 19 or 20, and pouting at a "fail" or "critical fail").

However, a lot of models aren't going to be receptive of this.

I believe most models will be fine with you saying "camera looks good, sound is good" or if those things are not doing so well on your end. In my room, I do want to know that you can see and hear me, especially if I've just logged on or just gotten out of a private or group show.

4. disciplining other premium members

In most model's rooms, this is a HUGE no. In my room, I appreciate comments of "dude, that's not cool". I do NOT appreciate it when I get everyone screaming to ban a person because he asked a question that they didn't like... especially when it happens to be about something I actually do.

Disciplining basic members and/or guests

In public, I treat everybody the same, or at least, try to. Tips get appreciation in the moment, and the activity that it warrants if it does warrant one, but after that, nothing really special. If a member wants to be treated special, he needs to take me private.

That said, I have the same thoughts about disciplining basic members as premium members.

Guests get a three strike rule, because banning individual guests is useless, so if they're being demanding, or shitty, if even one of them is, then all of them get muted. But that is MY call- I've had some very decent guests in my room, and I like to have someone talking. Guests talking is better than no one.

5. trying to be in the model's room every time

We understand that you have a life. We understand that you might want to visit other models. This is why I don't really have anyone on my friend's list (I keep pm's open, so the friend's list is literally just a way to see who's online).

6. iniviting friends to check the model out

depends on where you're getting these friends. Are they real-life friends? Cool! Are they internet friends from another site? Sure! Are you just putting the model's name up in the lounge? NOT COOL!

----

Other notes- I'm capable of running my room, but appreciate the occasional bit of help from other people at times. But sometimes, the help that was appreciated last week is annoying this week (yay hormones?). And if you're doing too much, it'll start to feel like maybe you should go get a camroom of your own. Chaturbate DOES allow men to cam, after all.

What motivated you to come and post this in the first place? Are you being banned and/or being ripped a new arsehole by the models you are trying to "help" on a frequent basis? If your "help" was being received favourably then I'm guessing you would know about it as they would be graciously giving you free skypes and thanking you for their top 20 success and you wouldn't need to ask a bunch of strangers how these models feel about you lording it around their cam room like an unmuted basic. The models will probably be able to tell you best how they feel about it, have you asked any of them or are you finding yourself unable to do so now you are banned and ignored and absolutely baffled as to what went wrong? :think:

ComicOzzie said:
The worst part of this list of "helpful things" is if they are done in a room in which the model doesn't really know you very well and did not ask for your help. Then its just annoying.

:twocents-02cents:
Even if a girl IS asking a random MFC member for "help" the appropriate thing to do is send her to sites that have valuable resources for cam girls made BY cam girls (aka this forum and others like it) instead of offering random tips pulled out of their ass.

Isabella_deL said:

On your list:

1. Ok, cool,

Any other advice: Small token packages. You're in a models room every single time she's online. Maybe twice a month you can buy 20 tokens and tip her. Like I said before, if you can afford internet and a computer, food, and general life expenses, oh yeah, and have nough free time to sit there watching models all the time, I think you can afford a few dollars twice a month. It will up the models respect for you that much. And other members in the room.
Just PERFECT. And I can add one more thing. If you are a Premium member it means that you have already bought tokens to spend on someone else and now you are in MY room everyday Im on and you cant even tip 10 tokens, really?Who would not be annoyed? Like was said "I know who these guys are, i dont treat them badly but i also have ZERO respect or simpathy for them..

Im sorry fkr this being terrible written.. i hate typing on my phone..

I wonder if he's got the message yet ? ... :whistle:

SoTxBob said:
Unlikely.

Many of us cam girls do our best to always be polite and hold in any ill-feelings we have for certain types of MFC members. So please excuse us if, when directly asked our opinions on a matter, we decide to "get it out of our system", so to speak.

AmberCutie said:
SoTxBob said:
Unlikely.

Many of us cam girls do our best to always be polite and hold in any ill-feelings we have for certain types of MFC members. So please excuse us if, when directly asked our opinions on a matter, we decide to "get it out of our system", so to speak.

I'm always amazed at the ... density.. of some of the camboy fan types. It seems while much is, or at least should be, simply good manners, many don't seem to grasp that the girls are indeed independent businesses and your own ceo's if you will. ...IE: U have the knowledge base to do whats needed, INCLUDING in those rare times asking for it when you'd really like some help or even input.
Ahhh, the wonders and curiosities of Camland....

depends on what you are asking. If you ask the same things over and over again, like "what tattoos do you have?" you're probably going to annoy the hell out of the model. I have a regular that has never tipped and certainly will not ever tip. He keeps asking the same damn questions that he knows are too personal for me to answer or questions he should already know the answer to. I have no idea why he keeps asking them, but throws a hissy fit when I tell him it's stuff I won't talk about. It makes other people feel like they can ask those questions too, which is never helpful.

I don't mind people answering questions for me, but only if they have asked first. I may change my mind later about something or maybe whatever it is isn't something that is applies anymore.

I asked for help with game ideas from my regulars, they made suggestions, but I didn't have the materials needed for it, I added the items to my wishlist - no one bought them. If you want to make suggestions, I think you should be prepared to help by buying some of the items. That shows some sort of initiative that you are actually going to play the games you have suggested.

I have also asked for suggestions, people gave me ideas, I put the idea together, then no one tipped for said idea. If you aren't going to tip for the game, then why suggest it?

If anyone is going to scold another member for saying something, it is going to be me. I may choose to just ban the person and avoid confrontation. Both options are mine to make. I HATE it when someone is nasty and people tell me that I should ban them. I know what I should do with my room and crazy people. If a model cannot handle their own room, then people seem to be more likely to abuse the model or instigate fights with other members. This is no fun for anyone.

Honestly, sometime it is better to give the model a break, especially if you are in her room every day and have never tipped. "Well, I am broke, so I can't tip, but I am helpful so it's okay that I do that." No. It's not. If you are broke, then go do the stuff you need to do instead of doing what appears to be freeloading. I have banned people from my room before because they seemed to be too demanding of other people that were actually tipping, but had never contributed before.

More non-tippers in a room doesn't make the room better. We all know that there can be a room of 2,000 people in it, but a handful of tippers. I don't want even more people in the room that aren't going to tip and take up time and attention from the people not tipping. I have found that the non tippers tend to be more demanding of a model's attention then become angry when she isn't giving them her full attention. "Oh, you only talk to people that have tipped." No, I talk to everyone, but if you're never going to tip me, I shouldn't just talk to you when you're demanding shit for free.

PlayboyMegan said:
I've said this once and I'll say it again. I understand not everyone is rich. If you can only give a few tokens, that is alright with me!! If you can't give anything, ever, camsites are not for you.
it's so true. If you can't afford $20, even if you forgo other entertainment for the month to get it, just once, then you should just go do something else with your time.

Jupiter551 said:
PlayboyMegan said:
I've said this once and I'll say it again. I understand not everyone is rich. If you can only give a few tokens, that is alright with me!! If you can't give anything, ever, camsites are not for you.
it's so true. If you can't afford $20, even if you forgo other entertainment for the month to get it, just once, then you should just go do something else with your time.
It makes me wonder... How can someone "afford" it once (since he's a premium) but never again? Was it at that moment in time when you bought your first tokens that your life suddenly changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.