AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Member's Pet Peeves

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
OK, there is a model's pet peeve topic...so perhaps it might be beneficial for models to hear some of what irks the premium members. Let's try to keep it nameless, if at all possible, and of course, civil.

By far, one of my biggest gripes is when a model achieves her set goal for a tip show and is getting into said show...then she takes a private mid-show.

Bocefish said:
OK, there is a model's pet peeve topic...so perhaps it might be beneficial for models to hear some of what irks the premium members. Let's try to keep it nameless, if at all possible, and of course, civil.

By far, one of my biggest gripes is when a model achieves her set goal for a tip show and is getting into said show...then she takes a private mid-show.

MFC.
Bugs.
Specifically - crashing too much.
Having opaque software for models, with wierd issues that they don't seem to really fix.
Random bugs in the UI - for example - topics showing up as 20 chars long and truncated, if you don't have the chat window hugely wide in firefox.

Lacking features.
The option to downsample video to - say - 250K if you're on a 3G connection which is just stalling on some models streams. (but maybe this is a ploy to get you to watch the models with dialup connections).
No way for models to pass out the ban-hammer to a trusted prem during shows.
No way for models to simply record a 60s clip, and see what it would look like when played back by a user in the room.
Same with audio.
I'd hope this would let models fix lighting/... more easily.
Several models have had and are still having issues with the 60 day ban button not working.
Models that are not on 24*7. They don't need lives dammit! :)

I wonder about an external bug-list from MFC.
A way to vote for what bugs should be fixed first.

I have few issues with models that are not easily fixable by the 'Next Model' button.

All big issues yeah dude, but I think what'd be best for this thread are things the model can control XD

Hah probably if a lot of you guys get together about MFC-controlled things and sign it together -maybe- they'd look at it. It worked for a couple bugs on the model's side.

Edit; thought continued here to keep this thread from going off topic XD

Back onto Peeves now so we can hear them. :p

Crappy cams and/or lighting are another major issue. I dunno why models don't fork out the $70-90 dineros for a decent cam. :snooty: It pays for itself in a day or two and can be tax deductable.

I doubt many will tip or go private for a view like this:

Attachments

• Bad Cam.jpg
    Bad Cam.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 2,173
Bocefish said:
Crappy cams and/or lighting are another major issue. I dunno why models don't fork out the $70-90 dineros for a decent cam. :snooty: It pays for itself in a day or two and can be tax deductable.

I doubt many will tip or go private for a view like this:

Don't forget crappy sound!
Everything from models that need to turn their mics down, as they are totally distorted most of the time, to fans blowing on the cam.

Sound is almost as important as lighting.
If you're playing music, if possible, try to avoid playing it through laptop speakers - it generally sounds bad.

Sound is easier to debug yourself - record a short bit of sound in your room and then play it back over decent speakers or headphones, to see how it works.

Video is annoying - you can't tell what MFC will do to the video.

Models not having fixed times, or not announcing in some manner they're coming online before they do.

*sigh* Where to begin:

Models:
model's with crappy cams
model's with crappy mics
model's that have mics but all they do is type and blast crappy music
model's who say they'll be on but don't show up and not giving a reason why :angry5:
model's who say they'll be on but don't show up and give a reason why :angry3:
models who you've never watched/heard of bug/harass you in PM :eek:bscene-birdiered:
models who don't get ever get naked :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

Yeah, I'm a selfish fuck. Aren't I?

MFC itself:
site bugs/glitches
site crashes
video lag
chat lag
how Leo and the admins generally don't give a fuck
how the admins pussy foot around about not enforcing their "rules"
how's there's no blog, Twitter etc. to inform us of site status and scheduled downtime/maintenance
how some models I can't even watch because my shitty connection can't keep with trier high upload speed and get nothing but lag*

*Okay, that's more my fault, but we should have quality options to sacrifice a bit of video quality for no lag

Users:
Guests. They're generally bottom feeders. Either make an account or fuck off somewhere else.

Basics. Not as dumb as guests, but troll are in the majority here. Also, $20 really gonna break the bank. I know the economy sucks but still.

Premiums that are dumb fuck, retards.

That's about it for now. I'll update this when more come to mind.

FifthElephant said:
Models not having fixed times, or not announcing in some manner they're coming online before they do.

Can I ask how you'd like to be told of when a model's coming online? There is a newsfeed on MFC but I can't imagine many guys use it, I only have 4 followers on mine.

Great thread! Realy useful stuff for a newish model like me :)

LilyPink said:
FifthElephant said:

Can I ask how you'd like to be told of when a model's coming online? There is a newsfeed on MFC but I can't imagine many guys use it, I only have 4 followers on mine.

Most of the model's I follow have a "regular" schedule (they usually get on cam around the same time each day) but they use the MFC-tweet if they are coming on late/not coming on at all etc. Also I add them to my model e-mail notification list. If I'm either by my computer, or have my phone with me, I'll know they are on.

LilyPink said:
FifthElephant said:

Twitter is probably sane.

Newsfeed is probably also a good idea.
Also - I'd remind people on your profile that you can sign up for email and text notifications when you actually do come online.
(text only outside the US)
http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Instruc ... ifications

This is of course only going to be useful for people that decide they want to watch you again.

Good luck!

pyrite1965 said:
FifthElephant said:

Fuck twitter

I totally agree.
However.
What you and I may think of twitter is quite irrelevant.

Is it used by a large fraction of those who are browsing MFC? I suspect so.

There are of course alternatives - mailing lists, ...

Also - this is an ideal use-case for twitter - short actually meaningful status updates.

Ok, well.. I think twitter and MFC news feed is enough then, nowt else I can do. I've updated my schedule since I read this though, so that might help those who are interested and haven't seen me yet.

Again, thank you for starting this thread, and woops about the quoting fuck up. Sorry!

I'm 'LilyPinkTweets' on twitter btw :-D

Yea I always refer my ppl in my room to my twitter and blog.

I also try to use the newsfeed feature. Been attempting to use it like twitter however only frankie is following me :mrgreen: I mean if she wants a show that would be cool lol but I wish more ppl would be as aware of the ways to follow their favs

FifthElephant said:
pyrite1965 said:
FifthElephant said:

Fuck twitter

I totally agree.
However.
What you and I may think of twitter is quite irrelevant.

Is it used by a large fraction of those who are browsing MFC? I suspect so.

There are of course alternatives - mailing lists, ...

Also - this is an ideal use-case for twitter - short actually meaningful status updates.

I agree with this. I'm not a twitter fan, but it's how I know when Amber's come on when I'm away from my computer or something. And models can use it to interact with other models and/or their fans if they want.

MFC does have a way of notifying you when your favorite models have come online; but since it's MFC doing it, we know it doesn't always work.

Bocefish said:
Seeing the topic "Help Me Get Into The Top 20" in just about every room lately.
lmao

yea um honestly I think that i would have to be very more a net presence than currently am...

shiit right now would like to be higher than #7000 lol

Bocefish said:
Seeing the topic "Help Me Get Into The Top 20" in just about every room lately.

That annoys me too. Or "Get me to number 17/6/8" for doing absolutely nothing but sitting here. I have no personal issues with girls who do this, I just think that it's a bit unfair to your guys if that's the only thing you've got in your topic. Having a countdown to a lotion show or something would really be nicer to your guys rather than expecting them to donate for nothing.

I know it is just part of life now, but it really bothers me when models answer the phone on cam. i get it, i am the one encouraging models to do things that increase intimacy with members, but what about everyone else in the room? I am not allowed personal calls when I am at work. If you get a call, check who it is and go to AWAY.. continue to chat/type to the members in the room, and say bye if it goes over 5 minutes. Which leads me to going away in general, when you take the group or prvt SAY SO before you click accept, and as above you cannot take prvt/group if you just made the goal for the free show. If you log on and are not going on cam use the newsfeed to say so, or PM the members on your list if you don't have over 10-15.

When Cinnabuns won Miss MFC it was because of one thing that she did that no one else did.. she sent an MFC mail of thanks to every member that tipped her. i dont know what the cut off amount was.. over 100 tokens to get a message or what the amount was. that is because she didn't ever post the amount, she just sent the mail, and all it said most of the time was.. thx Rufff for stopping by my room. thats courtesy.

RufffRider said:
Which leads me to going away in general, when you take the group or prvt SAY SO before you click accept, and as above you cannot take prvt/group if you just made the goal for the free show.

I'm going to post this in model peeves, but it's relevant to this:

-When I'm in the middle of typing a pm and get an invite to pvt with no warning, and the space bar sends me into the pvt, leaving me wondering who the fuck did that and what the fuck they want me to do.

It's been said before - if your topic is

"Tip me so I can have a good day"

Please change it, I think everyone knows that if you get a tip it will make your day better. I'd rather see tip countdowns, 1-30 things, anything but this topic for some reason is annoying.

tightlockup said:

Please change it, I think everyone knows that if you get a tip it will make your day better. I'd rather see tip countdowns, 1-30 things, anything but this topic for some reason is annoying.

Especially when it's like "20,000 for a good day."

Really? Yeah I think we'd all have a fucking flipping fantastic day if we could get 20,000 tokens for the day. ESPECIALLY if we get that just for putting it in our topic.

Reactions: UncleThursday
AmberCutie said:
tightlockup said:

Especially when it's like "20,000 for a good day."

Really? Yeah I think we'd all have a fucking flipping fantastic day if we could get 20,000 tokens for the day. ESPECIALLY if we get that just for putting it in our topic.

I HATE this! Of course 1,000 bucks will make your day better. What I hate even more is when models have it on the last day of the paycheck... "20,000 for me to pay my rent!!"

AlexLady said:
As a voyeur, I hate it when people overly use the news-feed option. Sure I know that's vague as everyone has their opinion on what's too much - but if you're doing more than ten a day I think that's plenty excessive.

i think newsfeed should be in the chat OR in the PM window..NOT both

Status
Not open for further replies.