AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate give lower payment to Phillipines models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nzhere

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Sep 6, 2010
Just saw this.. it looks extremely unfair

Chaturbate regrets to inform you that all independent models and studio models based in the Philippines will have lowered pay in tokens. We have been dealing with high fraud from that region, so instead of tokens being worth 5 cents (USD) they will now be 3 cents (USD). This was a hard decision for us to make, but we value your time and see this as being a way to keep broadcasters from the Philippines on Chaturbate.

Thank you for your understanding this difficult decision as it will be effective March 28, 2012. All tokens cached before March 28 will still be at 5 cents.

That really sucks. On the other hand, didn't MFC close down their Asian homepage because of all the forced studio models?

If the site is losing money, or worried about a similar situation, it's their prerogative to try and keep models from that area out.

It does blow for honest models in that area, though.

Evvie said:
That really sucks. On the other hand, didn't MFC close down their Asian homepage because of all the forced studio models?
If the site is losing money, or worried about a similar situation, it's their prerogative to try and keep models from that area out.

It was my understanding that it was primarily a fraud issues as the girls would use fake ID and the studios were quite 'helpful' in that aspect. There were so many things tho, babies in the bed, poor conditions, allegedly underage girls, forced work,..... who's to say any one thing was the trigger. One of my camgirl sweeties told me the company announcement said "legal" reasons.

As to the CB token value reduction, .. I don't see it preventing squat. It hurts the ones that make it. The studio will still take their pound of flesh off the top anyway.

Reactions: SNATCH
I'm having a hard time understanding what the purpose of doing that is? Members should therefore pay less for tokens if they're going to spend them on Filipina models, no? Sounds more like a sleazy underhanded move to profit IMHO.

Reactions: 1 person
Ehh, I'm kind of over Chaturbate nowadays. Ever since they added their exhibitionist feature and limited how many tokens a member can buy per day I've decided that's not the site for me. The top model only makes about 13,000 tokens a week, and the second highest usually barely breaks 10,000. Just not worth the time for me anymore.

Did they ever stop that nonsense of featuring their cam models on that Fling.com dating site (and listing the city that the model is from)? Or do they still not give a shit about models' private information?

The_Brown_Fox said:
Did they ever stop that nonsense of featuring their cam models on that Fling.com dating site (and listing the city that the model is from)? Or do they still not give a shit about models' private information?

As far as I know it's still there. I'm sure if I browse through my spam folder on my E-mail there at least a couple hundred e-mails from that site.
Sigh.

I cashed out for the last time this past pay period, only went on a couple weeks ago, said I needed 300 tokens to get my pay period minimum someone spotted it and I gave a quick little strip tease and signed off. I really thought Chaturbate was going to give MFC a run for their money, but nah.

Are they referring to CC fraud?
Perhaps they should make tokens spent on Filipina models cost less for the member too, the way it's worded though it suggests maybe they're trying to recoup the cost to the website of high amounts of fraud.

The way it's worded is confusing! Fraud- CC fraud?? huh? what other kind of fraud would cost the site money- from that region would have nothing to do with the models, and much more to do with the site members from that region, so how in any way should those models be penalized?
It seems pretty class/racist actually to me.

Reactions: SirLes
nzhere said:
Just saw this.. it looks extremely unfair

Chaturbate regrets to inform you that all independent models and studio models based in the Philippines will have lowered pay in tokens. We have been dealing with high fraud from that region, so instead of tokens being worth 5 cents (USD) they will now be 3 cents (USD). This was a hard decision for us to make, but we value your time and see this as being a way to keep broadcasters from the Philippines on Chaturbate.

Thank you for your understanding this difficult decision as it will be effective March 28, 2012. All tokens cached before March 28 will still be at 5 cents.

Yes it true. We are sorry for all parties involved. Chaturbate admins were spending an abundant amount of time monitoring Philippino accounts that wasn't cost effective to the overall productiveness of Chaturbate.

We chose this route to keep Philippino broadcasters on the site.

Thank you for understanding.

-Chaturbate
www.Chaturbate.com

BuxomZoe said:
Ehh, I'm kind of over Chaturbate nowadays. Ever since they added their exhibitionist feature and limited how many tokens a member can buy per day I've decided that's not the site for me.

This is also what killed it for me, especially the exhibitionist feature. Too bad....the site had such potential.

[/quote]

Yes it true. We are sorry for all parties involved. Chaturbate admins were spending an abundant amount of time monitoring Philippino accounts that wasn't cost effective to the overall productiveness of Chaturbate.

-Chaturbate
http://www.Chaturbate.com[/quote]

Wow Chaturbate doesn't understand Cam models in that region at all.

" Chaturbate admins were spending an abundant amount of time monitoring Philippino accounts that wasn't cost effective to the overall productiveness of Chaturbate."

How is reducing the payout gonna stop this?? It wont they need to understand the actual issue

The main issues are, typically Phillipines models work in studios. Chaturbate is not setup to handle studios. They don't offer a "master account" function

The high $40 bankwire fee is too much for most models there, Most models there DO NOT have bank accounts and lack the knowledge or ability to order the payoneer card.

So this is what happens, one "boss model" account ends up being created, come near to cutoff time the model tip their boss account, which saves on the payoneer fees and bankwire fees.

I.D problems,

Well from my experience with helping a few girls there. Chaturbate has been turning down perfectly valid legal documents such as police clearences and Drivers licenses. I asked them last week to include furthur legal forms of i.d there as very few there have Drivers Licenses or Passports.

They did say they will consider it. One more thing they can do on their page advising which ID's they accept they could save a great deal of time by just adding "For models in the Phillipines, we DO NOT ACCEPT , Postal, Voters, Birth certificates, or Hand written Passports"

I'm not surprised.

I feel bad for those girls but there is really nothing I can do about it. I only visit domestic models that I know are exercising free will - and they can tell me that they are in English.

Chaturbate is now pretty much useless for "professional" camgirls. And the "professional" girls are the ones who rake in fuck tons of money for camsites.
I just cant think of a better word that professional..I guess what Im trying to say is the ones who make the big bucks know what theyre doing, and the girls who know what they're doing FOR THE MOST PART, won't choose Chaturbate.

Let me translate that for you...

punker barbie said:
Yes it true. We are sorry for all parties involved.
Yes, it is true. And we are sorry we didnt have that idea even earlier.

punker barbie said:
Chaturbate admins were spending an abundant amount of time monitoring Philippino accounts that wasn't cost effective to the overall productiveness of Chaturbate.
I don't know what to write, but better i write anything than saying something about racism.

punker barbie said:
We chose this route to maximise our income. The buyers will pay the same as always. The same like we always keep all the thousands of tokens from the deleted cams. In no way we think about giving them back to the spenders.

punker barbie said:
We don't give a fuck if you understand.

Reactions: WickedTouch
Roboskop said:
Let me translate that for you...

punker barbie said:
Yes it true. We are sorry for all parties involved.
Yes, it is true. And we are sorry we didnt have that idea even earlier.

punker barbie said:
Chaturbate admins were spending an abundant amount of time monitoring Philippino accounts that wasn't cost effective to the overall productiveness of Chaturbate.
I don't know what to write, but better i write anything than saying something about racism.

punker barbie said:
We chose this route to maximise our income. The buyers will pay the same as always. The same like we always keep all the thousands of tokens from the deleted cams. In no way we think about giving them back to the spenders.

punker barbie said:
We don't give a fuck if you understand.
Heh, I don't know if I buy the official line without further explanation but that's a pretty skewed "translation" of what she said.

Is Punker Barbie anadmin there? or simply reposting an email reply they sent?

I think basically what happened was all the guys who come into a normal models room and says "poop bb" or some other thing that is against site rules was told NO. But when they went to these girls rooms they said Yes to them. The more guys went to these girls for banned things, and they did them, the worse it got. AND the more policing Chatur had to do on these girls. They obv narrowed it down to a certain area doing it, just like MFC did. So Chaturs response wasnt to kick all the girls off, but rather make it less profitable for the rule breakers to get money, so hopefully they will get off the site and stop rule breaking there.
I understand where Chatur is coming from on this. They dont want to just kick off the good Phillo models that are around on there, and watching every single cam from there would take way to much time to do, and cost more than it was worth for any business.
I do see the whole members paying the same amount for tokens spent on them as an issue though. Its not fair really.

"Normal models room" ? :roll:

I've been on Chaturbate since August last year. I've yet to see ANY model poop on cam. Not that I would want to!

To suggest only Phillipines models break the rules is complete bullshit.

Chaturbate's line about it being due to "fraud" is rather vague. From what i've seen they don't have the right systems in place to deal with how the Phillipines models use the site. The same issues MFC had to do with account usage, not so much what the models were doing on cam.

Reactions: 1 person
nzhere said:
"Normal models room" ? :roll:

I've been on Chaturbate since August last year. I've yet to see ANY model poop on cam. Not that I would want to!

To suggest only Phillipines models break the rules is complete bullshit.

Chaturbate's line about it being due to "fraud" is rather vague. From what i've seen they don't have the right systems in place to deal with how the Phillipines models use the site. The same issues MFC had to do with account usage, not so much what the models were doing on cam.

I don't think she was saying ONLY models from the Philippines break the rules, however, it is more common.

Everything else you said, I totally agree with. Chaturbate needs to figure out a better way to deal with the studio models because reducing the token worth is just going to make the studio pimps have the girls work harder for less.

Latest payment to the Phillippines models was 3 cent per token DESPITE the item saying it would be after the 28th

Jessi said:
Just curious, are there any studios where things are fair and the girls for the most part comfortable :think: We always hear about the bad ones.

Overseas?

I highly doubt it.

fiver said:
Jessi said:
Just curious, are there any studios where things are fair and the girls for the most part comfortable :think: We always hear about the bad ones.

Overseas?

I highly doubt it.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some in more developed countries.

But in places like the Philippines, I doubt they exist.

Jessi said:
girl I've known on MFC for couple years (current nick MissLina) is always quite happy with her studio and says they take care of their girls. They have prizes for monthly top earner etc, she won a trip to Ibiza once. They've renovated her room a couple times, she's had some input on it. She says it's the largest studio in Bucharest though they're not all on MFC and none of the girls do public shows or even get nude in public chat so people probably tend not to notice them as much, they just notice the "bad" studios.

Reactions: Shaun__
Bumping this thread,

Phillipines models on Chaturbate are now SELLING there tokens back to customers for CASH
:twocents-02cents: 3 cent per token ? nope :D more than 5 cents :dance: :mrgreen:

Chaturbate needs to be fair and get there act together! and give them their 5 cent per tokens!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.