AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ask-a-User: Why do you tip if the model is not doing anything?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind.

my efforts to have a factual discussion about a topic

What exactly were you expecting? "Oh, yes, this model who is not lying nor hurting anyone is an evil she-demon and must be banned from the internet"?

People answered your question and you accused us of "having nothing to contribute":

i watched a cammer is does not showing anything but has lots of viewers waiting to remove some clothes i guess they only tip only because they like their faces

Maybe something in the way she moves
Attracts them like no other model.

I don't know, I don't know.

:emo:

Because they can do whatever they want with their tokens. If it bothers you, watch a different model.

How are these answers "not contributing"? They're a variety of answers. Though, truly, why does anyone do anything they do on camsites? Who knows, there's a different answer for every tipper. I've loaded up my premium account on MFC with tokens and gone around tipping models at the very bottom of the list because I felt like it. Why? Because I could afford to.

nicolas_cage_can_become_just_anyone_640_35.jpg

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
I didn't realize this was such an "emotional topic"

My apologies if we have hurt your delicate feelings.

(Side note the amount of shit posting I'm doing lately makes me start to wonder if I'm anemic again. I'm such a nice girl when I have enough iron.)

K, maybe not nice. But definitely nicer.

Ahh man, this reminds me so much of the other day when I went to a bowling alley and there were these sweet unicorn toys in a claw machine. I watched other people using the claws and could see that they weren't strong enough to catch a unicorn, but I desperately wanted that unicorn, could have spent all my money on it and everything. But I knew I would never get what I wanted so I didn't have a go, and one of my companions only lost 60p in trying to win it for me before giving in. I mean, it's not like it said anywhere that I could actually win a unicorn, and I knew my chances were next to zero after watching repeated failures of others, but sometimes you just can't help yourself trying to win some sweet... unicorn.

I'm not sure if this girls squirt show is as tempting as those unicorns, but I can see why you viewers are in a tough pickle.

At the end of the day, what this girl is doing is not much different to a huge amount of gambling machines, like my *sob* claw machine. People put money in knowing the odds are against them, but they crave the possible win/reward, which in the end is worth enough even if they repeatedly lose. Essentially think of this model's room as similar to a fruit machine where you've watched people putting thousands into already, you think the chances of cashing out are higher and want to be the one to push it that bit further, and once you've put money in, you're invested and therefore feel the desire to continue. Plus the chance seems higher at that point, even if it isn't. Some people will see the scenario and not want to play, others will. The buzz is not necessarily the final reward, if they wanted to see a squirt show they could buy it anywhere, the buzz is the gamble. They know what they're getting involved in, they might grumble about it afterwards, just like anyone who gambles and loses, but it doesn't sound like she's even particularly inviting this behaviour, and she definitely isn't promising anything, but it's apparently causing loads of guys to give her money, so why would she complain? Whether gambling is right or wrong is debatable, but it is legal, and it really sounds like the members are doing it off their own accord in hopes she will do something, and she is very successfully leading them towards it without lying, so more power to her. No one is being forced to tip, and no one has any right to any part of her body that she does not consent to. Member's assumptions and expectations do not equate to consent or entitlement. Just because most cam models get naked and do shows does not mean you are entitled to her body too, or that she is doing anything morally wrong in not performing shows for you to view. Also bear in mind, her regulars may be aware the topic will never result in a show. I've seen models setting ridiculous joke topics for laughs before, and of course have no intention of following them through.

True story about the unicorn by the way, I was legit gutted.

OP, judging by your past post history I'm going to assume that 1) you're new to camming and 2) you're a female cammer. Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're genuinely trying to find out how this girl is pulling in so much money with apparently doing nothing in order to try to learn from it to improve your own earning potential...

I'm going to say that you're not going to find a real good answer, unless somebody here has specifically tipped her in the past. I see tons of models at the bottom of MFC who "just sit there" and not surprisingly they don't get much in tips (hence they're at the bottom). It's just a mix of luck and special circumstances that has led this particular model to succeed in this specific way - her "special niche". It's the same for many niches - two similar models could both be vampire goth contortionists or something and one could be very successful while the other makes pennies.

What I'm trying to say is, it's a fool's errand to try to figure out what exactly made one specific model successful. I can't even really explain my own spending habits with any sort of consistent pattern. Just try to find what works for you; everybody is unique and so what will make you successful will also be unique.

What exactly were you expecting? "Oh, yes, this model who is not lying nor hurting anyone is an evil she-demon and must be banned from the internet"?
This does not make any sense as an answer to my question which was "Why do people tip her?". I didn't mean my question sarcastic in any way, i'm seriously interested in the reasons.

My reply that people don't have to reply if they have nothing to contribute was mainly addressed to the reply "Idk ask them", but your reply was of course also not helpful. And somehow you made the false assumption that it would bother me that people tip her, even though i didn't give any indication for this.

This does not make any sense as an answer to my question which was "Why do people tip her?". I didn't mean my question sarcastic in any way, i'm seriously interested in the reasons.

My reply that people don't have to reply if they have nothing to contribute was mainly addressed to the reply "Idk ask them", but your reply was of course also not helpful. And somehow you made the false assumption that it would bother me that people tip her, even though i didn't give any indication for this.
They tip her because
Drum roll please

They feel like tipping her.

@Wolf_3_5_9 @IsabellaSnow
Thank you for your replies. With most of the other posters i felt like i'm on 4chan.
Yes, you are guessing right, i'm a new cam model, and want to understand the different ways of camming. The way this model chooses is quite different from what most other models do, but she seems to have great success, so it got my attention.

They tip her because
Drum roll please

They feel like tipping her.

Do you consider this answer helpful?

We don't know, we're not psychic.

My reply that people don't have to reply if they have nothing to contribute was mainly address to the reply "Idk ask them",

"Ask them" is honestly the best response, because, again, we're not psychic. The most we can do is speculate. We are not those people. We don't know why they're tipping what they're tipping, the the model that they're tipping, aside from "because they can".

but your reply was of course also not helpful. And somehow you made the false assumption that it would bother me that people tip her, even though i didn't give any indication for this.

I said *if* it bothers you. If it doesn't bother you, you can disregard that part. However, in my experience, both on the forum and on twitter/tumblr, nearly everyone who has made a thread or even a comment on something of this nature, has done so because they are bothered by it. Either it's a member who only tips for nudity and can't wrap his head around the concept of tipping a model "just because", or it's a model who for one reason or another doesn't understand that some people have hustles that, on the surface, may seem odd to others who haven't encountered that type of hustle before.

"Ask them" is honestly the best response, because, again, we're not psychic. The most we can do is speculate. We are not those people. We don't know why they're tipping what they're tipping, the the model that they're tipping, aside from "because they can".

Ask them, is what i'm doing right now, right here, that's the reason why i made this topic, so it's kinda senseless to recommend to "ask them". I added "Ask-a-User" to the topic, to make it contrary to the "Ask-a-Model" sub section of this forum. But of course answers from other models are welcome as well. I wouldn't know any place where i could find the "customers" (i don't like this word), if somebody knows a better place to ask this question, you are also very welcome to suggest this. But i know that on this website here are also users, not only models, and some replied already, so i think it's ok to ask here because i have an audience.

Let me just pull some posts from the first thread real quick, in which people had some pretty good speculations on the topic, btw. You said you read through that thread, but didn't find these posts which pretty much hit the nail on the head with regards to what she's doing.

From @JoleneBrody

Oh you schmucks love this shit, look at you. She'll continue to do well because people will continue to be fascinated by her and the "challenge" she represents. 10 bucks says you wouldn't spend nearly the time nor the tokens if she just had a straight forward naked goal like most.

"I've watched her over several weeks" ...
"I don't think she will be successful"..

mother fuckin el oh el.

From @JickyJuly
She's obviously catering to a findom/brat/princess fetish. It's so funny to me when people happen upon a room with a fetish and act like the sky is falling because they expect tits and ass. It ain't your thing. Keep moving. Doesn't mean anyone is scamming or being scammed. It's bizarre how quick men are to label themselves and other men victims when faced with sex work. Those people dropping tokens and getting denied are getting off on it. You're not entitled to anything you think their money has bought you witness to.

From @Teagan

If you don't get the ignore fetish then I get where you are coming from, but you are wrong here. Banning them is their ultimate get off to it all. It's extreme ignore. Not your cup of tea, but it is for some out there. Many will come back under another account and tip even more to have it happen all over again, on purpose.

From @Missvc

This is basically the internet equivalent to guys buying girls drinks at the bar in hopes they will eventually feel good enough to fuck.

From @AudriTwo

Welcome to denial fetish. That is why this girl is making bank. Look how butthurt she made you. YOU WANTED TO SEE HER DO THINGS, and it has made you angry because she wasn't in the mood. These denial guys LIVE for that. Look how wanted their goddess is. They want her to do the same to them.

Toughen up if you wanna be a cam model.
I know that won't be taken as helpful reply because it doesn't direclty answer the original post, but you marking anything off topic as spam makes me believe you've got some things to learn about how to approach Internet life.

And if you already have 12,632 followers on CB I'm surprised you don't know the kind of trolling models can normally expect to get, thus the comment I made.

Best honest advice us cam models can give you is to worry about your own room and hustle and not what about the room next to you on the homepage is doing. People are tipping the model in question for different reasons than they'll likely tip you, so don't worry about it. :)

I just started watching her now, so judging by this short time in her room there are a few reasons:

1. She has a kind of young early teens thing going on, which with the disney music in the background, her clothes and general decorations in the room seems to be what she (or her studio boss if she's in a studio) is going for. Yes, there are many very creepy guys on the internet who particularly like going for girls who look/seem like they're going through puberty. Going with this she also kind of looks like she's about to cry in a "save me" type of way with the doe eyes and generally vacant puppy like expression. She looks kinda like a young girl imagining shes a disney princess waiting to be rescued. There are those who find this very attractive.

2. She had an Ohmibod attached to her tips, which she pulls some pretty entertaining expressions. She's also got the whole eye rolling back thing down. I can imagine there is something very entertaining about doing that to someone who otherwise is completely ignoring you and having zero expression. It's a reaction, which is entertaining. She has different levels of this, so those who drop higher tips will get a "bigger" reaction. I feel like knowing what these things feel like and what genuine pleasure tends to look like versus amateur dramatics, I find it entertaining in a more comedic way, but from experience on cam, members seem to prefer the slightly ridiculous when it comes to female "pleasure", so I'm not surprised it's popular.

3. She works really long hours, which mean her exposure is very consistent and high. This often makes you more likely to have people who do want to just sit there watching you for ages, even if you're not doing anything particularly interesting. I guess it's no weirder than people who enjoy fishing. You sit there for ages watching and waiting, and then you get a moment of excitement.

4. She isn't advertising a squirt show as far as I can tell, she's saying if you tip her enough on the ohmibod then she will squirt when it happens. Seems a bit more realistic, if her body wants to squirt then it will. If it never does, then it won't.

5. She is standing up right now and is definitely "performing" as people tip for the ohmibod. She's fully dressed, but that's also a fetish in itself as she is touching herself. So she's not just getting tips for nothing. She's getting tips for something specific.

6. Novelty. People may well get bored of her soon enough. Don't take one hit wonders to heart too much. They come and go in the cam world. People suddenly get interested in why one or two people are tipping loads to one girl and jump on the train. Then more viewers want to check out what's happening and you suddenly get a super high room count. Of course you then get lots of people questioning why one person is making loads of money. Might as well ask why one person wins the lottery. Haters are gonna hate. Maybe she'll continue this way for years, maybe not.

Basically there are a lot of niche area's she's hitting. It's not for everyone, hence why it's a niche. But there was clearly a gap and she has nailed it down to a T. This is definitely where you want to be able to hit as a model if possible, but very few can or will through no fault of their own.

If the OP is a new camgirl, then I would advise to look more at long term established camgirls who have consistently earned a steady income through time and hard work. Not to say this girl hasn't, but she's essentially struck gold in her own personal niche which allows her to cam in this way. Absolutely great that she's managed it, and great if you manage it, but wishing for it is as futile as wishing to win the lottery. Try to stay true to yourself, gather inspiration by all means, but think of who you are and what makes you special. Why do people want to date/sleep with you? Why are people friends with you? You will have a cam persona for sure, but that will still be a part of you, so start with yourself and what makes you awesome when you're planning your shows.

@Wolf_3_5_9 @IsabellaSnow
Thank you for your replies. With most of the other posters i felt like i'm on 4chan.
Yes, you are guessing right, i'm a new cam model, and want to understand the different ways of camming. The way this model chooses is quite different from what most other models do, but she seems to have great success, so it got my attention.

Do you consider this answer helpful?
I don't understand what kind of answer you are looking for here. There is no one reason why people would tip her. They want to so they do. Its not like a math equation or something that has one distinct answer.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Sorry, i did indeed not see the reply. But i would never have expected that disrespectful behavior would be tolerated here.
Most people who work on cam won't think you're being especially respectful questioning member's tips or saying another performer is doing "nothing". Sour grapes happens in a field where income is so varied, but it's better to keep them to yourself. Skip watching others if it doesn't improve your outlook.

@SaffronBurke
Thank you for making a helpful post

@AmberCutie
I think my "level of toughness" is ok, many other people would have insulted each other already ;)
The difference in my room and here is: If somebody is spamming / trolling / talking bad to other users in my room i tell them to stop and if they don't listen i ban them (or if it's just advertisement spam ban them directly). Here on this website i can ask users to stop doing it, which i did. If they don't stop i can report them, but then my possibilities end. On most forums a Mod or Admin would delete these spam posts. Somehow you don't, which i can't understand (It just annoys when reading a thread and is also disrespectful), but it's of course your website and your choice which i can respect.

@JickyJuly
I totally agree with you, that i used the word "nothing" does of course imply a negative trait, this was not my intention.
Let's say: Her performance is quite limited compared to what most other models do.

• Wat?!
Reactions: asia_lynn
I totally agree with you, that i used the word "nothing" does of course imply a negative trait, this was not my intention.
Let's say: Her performance is quite limited compared to what most other models do.

I think this is where the confusion is. What people here are trying to explain is that no matter how it appears to you, if a girl is making bank on cam, she is most certainly not doing nothing and her performance isn't limited. She is playing to her paying audience and just because you don't understand the fetishes at play doesn't mean she isn't working hard.

It is also important to remember that with camming, it isn't really possible to follow a guidebook of someone's career and replicate their success. There are simply too many variables and most will tell you luck does play a role. It would be far more beneficial to you to focus on your own paying regulars and seeing what it is about you that makes them tip you and then run with that.

Um, I hate to be a buzzkill, but a hustle is a hustle. How she is making money isn't really your problem if she doesn't do anything illegal. :D :h: It is a killer in this industry to start comparing your hustle to others and wondering how they're doing so well when you're doing [x]. Don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.