AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Animation!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
masha and the bear
masha GIF

tom and jerry
tom and jerry GIF

grizzy and the lemmings

Reactions: zippypinhead
I suppose I should've asked people to provide thoughts on what they're into, to avoid lists without context. My bad.

I've been on a wholesome and relaxing kick with my cartoon choices lately. Apple and Onion is really endearing, and has exceeded my expectations as far as an entry in the "hipster urban anthropomorphs who mostly just hang out" genre goes. Plus, it's got Richard Ayoade as Onion, frankly his most likeable role. I also just started watching K-On! which is a high school slice-of-life anime about four girls who join a "light music club", which really just means they start a band after school. I'm a couple episodes in, and so far, it's like 20% them eating snacks and chatting, which I'm fully there for.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
I suppose I should've asked people to provide thoughts on what they're into, to avoid lists without context. My bad.

Castlevania is really gorgeous and hits that gothic horror itch that I desperately crave.

Futurama is clever, yet also funny and accessible without being pretentious. It has a lot of heart and still holds up even though its old af.

Love Death & Robots fills the gap that is missing when there are no more Black Mirror episodes - scifi/fantasy tales reminiscent of The Twilight Zone and Outer Limits.

The Midnight Gospel is something completely new and profound. Someone took a podcast, pulled pieces from it, and created animation from them to create a beautiful piece of art. It's like an LSD trip condensed.

Jem, to this day, remains my all-time favorite cartoon. I've always loved the color pink and loved singing, so when that magnificent cartoon came out in the 80s and I heard Britta Phillips' lovely, angelic singing voice...I was like O...M...G.! :eek:😍 Even the pink DVD box set is gorgeous.

The bands on the show (Jem and the Holograms...The Misfits...The Stingers) had some really cool songs! The character Jerrica Benton is an incredibly good person, and she runs a foster home for girls. I'd say her only flaw is that she's keeping this big secret from her boyfriend Rio...that SHE is Jem. Rio's dilemma is that he finds himself in love with both his girlfriend Jerrica AND the glamorous Jem. The poor guy has no idea that they are the same person. :giggle: Those of us watching the show as adults are like Seriously? No one noticed that Jem looks and sounds just like Jerrica Benton? LOL. Alrighty then...

Throughout the series there are moments when people are asking "who Jem really is" and "what's her real name." The only people who know her true identity are her band 'The Holograms'...and her computer and hologram projector named 'Synergy'.

Back then I also watched Scooby Doo (which I'd say was my second favorite cartoon), Inspector Gadget, Count Duckula, Denver The Last Dinosaur, etc.

I just recently got into the anime My Hero Academia because my son is into it. One day I was on my laptop, and noticed it was on the Hulu menu. So I decided to check it out, and ended up binge watching all five seasons. I'm excited to watch each new episode posted online weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.