AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam industry through the Covid crisis

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donnie123456

Banhammered
Nov 19, 2019
Hi all

Just curious how everyone is going and how everyone feels they are being treated within this industry - overall, historically - but especially at this time where everyone is under immense financial stress.

From what I can see the workers get a fairly small share. Sure the platforms need to provide the platform, the servers, the financial infrastructure etc etc - but when it comes down it there are multiple platforms all offering much the same thing and all taking a chunk of the creative workers work (and their support organisations - eg studios)

Also, it has to be said - and this is not against the creative workers in the industry - much of your industry is a total scam. We all know many times people operate through multiple platforms - all taking a share. - many of the users do not know this. Also what the users of sites care about is paying the model (content creator) with reasonable costs to all those other involved - servers, studios, eb designers.

But I sincrely hope nobody has been ripping off models or users

I am very curious about the structure of the infdustry and how it is looking after all those who are important. I seriously hope at this time there is no exploitation going on

When it comes down to it the sites are just like a utiity - eg a phone or power company - linkng up a supplier of a service with users - just a thought at these very difficult times - and believe me they are very difficult for many of your providers - despite the luxury in which most of youlive in California and the like - or wherever you are all incoprorated and have your servers - but come on - time is now to show that you care more for people than just eploiting them - same goes for all those other gig companies around the world (esp Califormnia) all those patforms making so much from providing a very basic service linking clients to producers

So maybe its time to pay up

cheers
D

Last edited:
I think that the percentage that cam sites and content sites take is more than fair. They definitely provide more than just "a very basic service". Let's be real, without the traffic that working on a cam site exposes a model to they won't be making a percentage of the money, especially new girls with no following. Even if a model did have a sizable following and decided to make their own site and drive their own traffic to there, it's still not comparable to the traffic they'd get on a site like MyFreeCams, Chaturbate or Streamate. Plus, they'd still have costs to pay. Payment processors for adult industry merchants charge much more than if you're running any other business. Plus, there's the cost of bandwidth and the costs to maintain a site. Generally, you'd be paying someone to do it and if you're maintaining the site yourself it'd eat up quite a bit of your time. Also, cam sites do more than just supply traffic, like responding to support issues and what not. No matter what, if you're doing things legitimately, you're going to have costs. I say legitimately because there's people out there who think accepting PayPal and the like is a legit business move in this industry, because you get all the money from the member. Which is crazy, because any model that takes her job somewhat seriously knows the majority of offsite payments with no fees are not adult friendly and a huge risk to take.

And, do you seriously think that all cam girls live in luxury in California mansions or something? People cam all over the world. Plus, the vast majority of models are not making "living in luxury" type of money.

Like yeah, there's shitty sites out there who do exploit the people who work on and for their site. But, this post is so out of touch with reality and I'm not sure if you meant well by it or if this was just a way to bitch and moan about sites that it is quite obvious that you do not work for.

OP, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at with your post. On one hand, you're dissing models for the service they provide by saying they're scamming members. While, with the other it sounds like you're trying to sell something under the table without the first clue of what it is that cam and content sites actually do.

Your post is pretty negative. Yeah, I get people are hurting. Yeah, some companies take advantage of others. But, if you're a gig worker in California (I'm probably not that far off to guess you fit into this category), it's a personal choice to be in that line of work and in that state. No one's holding a gun to your head and saying you have to live in CA doing DoorDash for others.

Oh, and rather than coming here for free tokens, perhaps you can write a similar letter to MFC, CB, SM and all the other cam site telling them how shitty they are for taking advantage of people during tough economic times. I'm sure you'll get a resounding "Go Fuck Yourself" and remind you that you're free to watch the rooms without an account. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.