AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam, microphone and lighting upgrade! What’s your Setup ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2020
Germany
I do webcam since November 2020 and now it’s time to upgrade my setup. The price isn’t really important.

My current setup:
  • Logitech c920 webcam​
  • Blue snowball microphone​
  • 1 85w softbox​
What I search for
  • a good dslr / mirror less camera (1080p 60fps because the internet in my area wouldn’t be able to stream in 4K until July 2022)​
  • a better microphone​
  • a 3 point LED lighting system​
What are your recommendations? What’s your current setup?

I'll add a different aspect for funsies

My starting setup in 2009:
  • Logitech 9000
  • Built in microphone on the 9000
  • Lights purchased at Target
My current setup since 2020:
  • Sony Mirrorless A6400 with camlink to make it a webcam (on a very extendable arm)
  • Blue Yeti microphone (on the Blue mic arm)
  • 2 El Gato keylights, plus still lots of lights purchased at Target/etc, as well as some colorful LED accents

What are your recommendations?
Running the mirrorless/DSLR is definitely more complicated than just using a high end webcam. You could just grab a Logitech Brio or c930e for better HD than the 920 offers. But if you're going for that mega HD look with boke effect, mine works pretty good if you can swing the price. Make sure to adjust the settings on the camera to allow it to get really hot before it shuts off, otherwise it cuts your stream to avoid getting too warm.

Your microphone is still probably fine.

The El Gato keylights are amazing if you have a desk setup, but I've heard people rave about softboxes, so maybe just grab 2 more of those? I don't have a light directly in front of me and it seems to work just fine.

My current setup:
  • Sony a6400 + Sigma 16mm
  • Blue Yeti Nano
  • Neewer softbox + Neewer Bi-color 480
Camming isn't my main use for any of my equipment though, and I wouldn't recommend the a6400 unless video editing is something you really care about. The a6100 is cheaper, and you can find plenty of used a6000s at a great price if you are fine with 1080p. Neewer makes a bunch of affordable lighting products, so I'd check them out on amazon. I'll probably grab a 2nd softbox from them somtime soon.

And then there are the really extra stuff like a light grid I attached to my softbox with some cheap velcro tape for more controlled light, and my diffusion filter from cinebloom, which has a really nice effect, especially if you have visible lights in frame.

My setup consists of:

Canon EOS R, which I also use for regular photography
Elgato cam link
Two bi color lights, which are great for on the move but I would like to have the elgatos ring light with the key lights.
Goxlr audio mixer + shure xlr mic
I have my camera mounted between my monitors on a elgato multi mount. Which I really like due to not having a lot of space at my desk. Which of you get it, I recommend getting a quick release plate for it. And change the knobs to bolts.

I always link this to models interested in buying a real camera:

Heyyy perfect! That vid is where I learned of what works and got my lens and cam! He makes it very easy to understand.

I use a combo of cams. Main cam is a Canon m6 mark II which does lower light shows really well. It's on a ronin sc gimbal so I can control it. I use several HD webcams when I do dual camming and a custom cam I made for my specialty show. I have a ring light for closeups and two adjustable box lights along with background string lights all from Amazon I think. I also use (as you can see) dual monitors because I splitcam and it's easier to have all the windows in their places so I can easily navigate who's chatting/tipped where. I have a mic I can shoe on my dslr but I like my snowball.

AirBrush_20210213012625.jpg

Attachments

• AirBrush_20210213012625.jpg
    AirBrush_20210213012625.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
Thank you this helped a lot :)

I think i'll just upgrade the cam and lighting (sony a6100 + elgato camlink, 2x neewer softboxes)

@Danigirl did you try shinebrowser? I splitcam over shinebrowser about 2 weeks now and i love it! it's a browser where you have all chats on 1 site.

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
Status
Not open for further replies.