AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CAM4.com, is it any good for performers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2021
England
I noticed it does not get mentioned on this forum much, it also does not have its own section like Chaturbate, Stripchat etc does.

However I am pretty sure its one of the original cam sites.

Does anyone use it and have any success on it? Or is there a reason it gets no mentions here!

Every week, month & year is different!

It fluctuates between Streamate, Chaturbate & CAM4 in top performing platform for us right now.

Having more baskets to catch more eggs, will mean slow months will not affect you as badly.

I’ve attached an image from which our income is derived from in May.

Streamate, Chaturbate, CAM4, StripChat are the best platforms for solo males as they have diverse customers.

If you are muscular, twink or model worthy, Flirt4Free is a good platform, but you will only receive $0.27-$0.35 per dollar, depending on if you can achieve between $0–$1,000+ per week in earnings.

Attachments

• 2CC6613D-E28C-4D3A-BED2-0AFE60B118EF.png
    2CC6613D-E28C-4D3A-BED2-0AFE60B118EF.png
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
Every week, month & year is different!

It fluctuates between Streamate, Chaturbate & CAM4 in top performing platform for us right now.

Having more baskets to catch more eggs, will mean slow months will not affect you as badly.

I’ve attached an image from which our income is derived from in May.

Streamate, Chaturbate, CAM4, StripChat are the best platforms for solo males as they have diverse customers.

If you are muscular, twink or model worthy, Flirt4Free is a good platform, but you will only receive $0.27-$0.35 per dollar, depending on if you can achieve between $0–$1,000+ per week in earnings.

thanks for that x
ill give cam4 a go, Streamate i was on a few years ago but found i was getting about 1 dollar per minute even though the rate set was something like 4/5 dollars, which is a huge cut for them to takw! Unless things are different now...

thanks for that x
ill give cam4 a go, Streamate i was on a few years ago but found i was getting about 1 dollar per minute even though the rate set was something like 4/5 dollars, which is a huge cut for them to takw! Unless things are different now...
Yeah, streamate takes 65-70% depending on your location.

For me cam4 always had good traffic but its all mainly non spenders. From what I have noticed, things are slowing down all around at the moment.
Splitcamming is the best way to deal with it IMO, cam4, chaturbate and stripchat split pretty well. The shine model browser (and apparently the lovense extention also does this now) will consolidate your chats in a single window which makes it easier to manage.

Cam4 caters to European (UK included) models. It targets audience of your nationality mainly. The website isn't structured well as it is weird and some buttons don't work, but they just recently redesigned broadcast page (which is way lighter and modern). An example of some site malfunctioning are: you have to reclick on Accept Friendship, you upload documents later after you have signed up, you still aren't verified after docs are approved etc. As for the viewers... There are basically none or just a few, but you will get a few tippers and should be able to collect some money, because a token is worth 10 dollar cents (clients don't even pay double for that). Let's compare Stripchat with C4. SC and C4 are equal in number of viewers but SC has more user base, and you get 100$ in SC (1token=0.05) and 75$ in C4 (0.10). If you make proportions of the ratio of expected viewers and actual viewers, and the worth of each tip and the real money you get, then C4 isn't on the losing side. However, just broadcasting on C4/SC will be time-consuming so yeah you should split-cam (there is a risk that users will not tip anymore because you show 'free' stuff everywhere, but what the hell, it's better than letting affiliate sites add your cam without you knowing etc.). :)

Reactions: Chromatica_Jay
Yeah, streamate takes 65-70% depending on your location.

For me cam4 always had good traffic but its all mainly non spenders. From what I have noticed, things are slowing down all around at the moment.
Splitcamming is the best way to deal with it IMO, cam4, chaturbate and stripchat split pretty well. The shine model browser (and apparently the lovense extention also does this now) will consolidate your chats in a single window which makes it easier to manage.

I splitcam on 2 sites using the splitcam software. I do wonder would 3 sites send my laptop over the edge? perhaps not allowing the stream to be as good quality aswell? I just worry about it burning out. (i only know the basics with technology so could be talking nonsense!) using Dell XPS 15, quite high spec but still just a laptop at end of the day

Reactions: SplitCam
I splitcam on 2 sites using the splitcam software. I do wonder would 3 sites send my laptop over the edge? perhaps not allowing the stream to be as good quality aswell? I just worry about it burning out. (i only know the basics with technology so could be talking nonsense!) using Dell XPS 15, quite high spec but still just a laptop at end of the day
If you are encoding each video stream separately you could run into issues, depending on temps and availability of resources etc.
If you use shine model browser though, you send your video stream to their server and they handle the stream splitting on their end, so your laptop will only be encoding 1 video stream rather than multiple.

If you are encoding each video stream separately you could run into issues, depending on temps and availability of resources etc.
If you use shine model browser though, you send your video stream to their server and they handle the stream splitting on their end, so your laptop will only be encoding 1 video stream rather than multiple.
I'll check out the shine browser cheers. I hope its easy to use :bag:

I'll check out the shine browser cheers. I hope its easy to use :bag:
it's as simple to use as connecting obs to any other site, cant remember the exact process since I have been using it for a while, but from what I remember it's just set up an account, put the shine stream keys in obs and add the sites stream keys into the browser.
There's a thread here on it:

Reactions: Chromatica_Jay
Kudos for having good earnings on Cam4.

This is my personal experience as TS model: I split-stream on (by order of earnings) Chaturbate, Stripchat, Bongacams, Camsoda, and Cam4, and unfortunately Cam4 is last in earnings for me where I typically earn <5% of what I make on Chaturbate. I actually started camming on Cam4 9 years ago, and then I would make okay money—a bit more than I would make working a low-wage job (my only other option). There was a lot more American traffic as well. I stopped using Cam4 soon after I started in favor of Chaturbate, and only started again when I began split-streaming. IME, these days Cam4 seems mostly T2/T3 traffic. For every tipper, there's a few hundred "see my cam," "show tits," or "skype bb?" type of individuals. I've never sold a private on Cam4 since returning, though have on all the other sites and do almost daily on CB/SC.

I think the site has potential, but they really need to get with the times and improve their traffic. The UI is antiquated, their broadcasting window is too remnant of the Adobe Flash days in both aesthetics and functionality, and really it's just a pain trying to funnel sales without bots/scripts like every other site has. On the plus side, some of the features like awards and offline DMs are nifty, and I wish more sites would incorporate those. I've also met a few quality tippers on Cam4, so that alone makes it worth streaming to in addition to the others.

Kudos for having good earnings on Cam4.

This is my personal experience as TS model: I split-stream on (by order of earnings) Chaturbate, Stripchat, Bongacams, Camsoda, and Cam4, and unfortunately Cam4 is last in earnings for me where I typically earn <5% of what I make on Chaturbate. I actually started camming on Cam4 9 years ago, and then I would make okay money—a bit more than I would make working a low-wage job (my only other option). There was a lot more American traffic as well. I stopped using Cam4 soon after I started in favor of Chaturbate, and only started again when I began split-streaming. IME, these days Cam4 seems mostly T2/T3 traffic. For every tipper, there's a few hundred "see my cam," "show tits," or "skype bb?" type of individuals. I've never sold a private on Cam4 since returning, though have on all the other sites and do almost daily on CB/SC.

I think the site has potential, but they really need to get with the times and improve their traffic. The UI is antiquated, their broadcasting window is too remnant of the Adobe Flash days in both aesthetics and functionality, and really it's just a pain trying to funnel sales without bots/scripts like every other site has. On the plus side, some of the features like awards and offline DMs are nifty, and I wish more sites would incorporate those. I've also met a few quality tippers on Cam4, so that alone makes it worth streaming to in addition to the others.
Ours is the opposite, hardly ever get a Private Show on StripChat or BongaCams, but we’ll get a few on CAM4 and a lot more tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.