AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cancer-sniffing canines...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2011
humboldt county, CA
Reactions: LadyLuna
Now if only my dog would sniff something other than crotches and asses! :p Lol. My dad has worked with bomb sniffing dogs before in his line of work. Unfortunately most of them come home traumatized because of being in a war zone.

Reactions: LiLredhairedgrl
Dogs are amazing! I've got three. My neighbor is in her 30's and she has a medical problem where all of a sudden she will pass out. She told me it has something to do with the electrical part of her brain. She has a small dog that can detect when she's about to pass out and he will warn her and she will go lay down. Within 5 to 10 minutes she passes out. Her dad told me they took her to the Cleveland Clinic and they put a device on her that would detect this problem. The doctors had her bring the dog with her. The dog warned her 15 minutes before the device did! The doctors were amazed!

Longhorn9in said:
Dogs are amazing! I've got three. My neighbor is in her 30's and she has a medical problem where all of a sudden she will pass out. She told me it has something to do with the electrical part of her brain. She has a small dog that can detect when she's about to pass out and he will warn her and she will go lay down. Within 5 to 10 minutes she passes out. Her dad told me they took her to the Cleveland Clinic and they put a device on her that would detect this problem. The doctors had her bring the dog with her. The dog warned her 15 minutes before the device did! The doctors were amazed!
My furbaby does stuff similar to that. When I have flare ups with my medical problems she'll come sit near me until it subsides or she'll go find my roommate and alert him about the situation. There was one occassion where I had a sudden attack on the stairs and would have fallen and gotten seriously hurt had she not been standing on the step below me to break my fall. Luckily for me, she sat there and barked until my roommate came and got me. :) Dogs who are trained to help with disabilities are awesome.

Dogs are truly man's best friend in so many ways.

There are a multitude of alert dogs for just about any disease or allergy and then you have bomb detection, avalanche dogs, bed bug dogs, narcotic dogs, service dogs for the blind and on and on. Not to mention the unconditional love they show if treated and trained well.

Last night I was watching a movie where a guy stealthily entered a woman's house, grabbed her from behind in the kitchen as she was pouring a glass of milk and the milk spilled on the floor. What did her cat do to help the situation? It started licking the milk off the floor. :p

Cats are cool, but dogs rule!

Heard about this a long time ago. Was amazed at some of the stories. Not TOTALLY convinced it's not just a coincidence in some cases, but still.

Well I heard that in only one case that God was so pleased with what he had created he signed his work.
Don't believe me spell dog backwards ;)

blackxrose said:
Now if only my dog would sniff something other than crotches and asses! :p Lol. My dad has worked with bomb sniffing dogs before in his line of work. Unfortunately most of them come home traumatized because of being in a war zone.
This is why i really wish that they would stop sending dogs in the war :crybaby:

Anyways i have five dogs in our house but i don't know if they can detect any sickness or whatever haha i've never experienced fainting yet so dunno.

But i love them. They always bark whenever they see some strangers. Then one time i was crying from the movie that i watched. Then one of my dog saw me and come near me and start to put her face near me and use his foot to touch me so i pretend to cry more to see what she's gonna do i pretend to cry hard and make a noise and hide my face on my palm then she started to lick me and touch me again and when i didn't respond so bark at me and push my hands using her mouth haha

lolita968 said:
blackxrose said:
This is why i really wish that they would stop sending dogs in the war :crybaby:

Dogs have been used in war for centuries. I too wish there wasn't a need for soldiers or dogs in combat zones. The U.S. military has spent over $20 Billion in bomb detection technology, yet there is still nothing better than a good old canine.

Military working dogs (MWDs in Army parlance) may not enjoy all the privileges of being full-fledged soldiers, but the U.S. military no longer considers them mere equipment. (The war dogs deployed to Vietnam during that conflict were classified as "surplus equipment" and left behind.) Today, MWDs are outfitted with equipment of their own -- a range of specialized gear that includes Doggles (protective eye wear), body armor, life vests, gas masks, long-range GPS-equipped vests, and high-tech canine "flak jackets."

The "top-secret, super-elite U.S. Navy SEAL special forces are to deploy heavily armoured bulletproof dogs equipped with infrared nightsight cameras and an 'intruder communication system' able to penetrate concrete walls." The article also reported that the U.S. Naval Special Warfare Group had "awarded an $86,000 contract to Canadian firm K9 Storm Inc. for the supply of 'Canine Tactical Assault Vests' for wear by SEAL dogs." The K9 catalogue boasts an array of high-tech canine devices, from storm lights to long lines and leads to an assortment of vests -- assault, aerial insertion, and patrol-SWAT -- which are rated from "excellent" to "good" in protecting the animal from harm due to everything from bullets to ice picks.

Not only are these dogs fierce assault weapons, they are loyal guardians. When Private First Class Colton Rusk was shot after his unit came under Taliban sniper fire during a routine patrol in Afghanistan, Rusk's bomb-sniffing dog, Eli, crawled on top of his body, attacking anyone -- including Rusk's fellow Marines -- who tried to come near him. Rusk did not survive the assault, but Eli was granted early retirement so he could live with Rusk's family.

110504_Fin96160586b.jpg

Above, U.S. Marines attached to 1st Battalion, 6th regiment, Charlie Company relax with their bomb-sniffing dogs Books and Good one in Huskers camp on the outskirts of Marjah in central Helmand on Jan. 25, 2010.

9iWLq.jpg

546946112_funny_dog_pictures_heroes_shapes2_xlarge.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.