AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cold Water Challenge For ALS

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2013
I think that would be a cool (pardon the pun) countdown show idea and models could challenge other models. Half the proceeds could go ALS research.

Fully clothed (but some very hard pokies afterwards) and it could go mainstream. A montage of the girls of MFC doing the cold water challenge or something like that, suitable for youtube. It could go viral, what you think, bitches? I say that with endearment.

PS Not fully clothed, bikini, bra and panties, safe for work stuff.

I encourage everyone to donate, with certain conditions.

A) the person physically has enough means to still have food/clothing/shelter for themselves and their family
B) it is a cause the person cares about personally
C) it is done for THEMSELVES. Not necessarily a publicity stunt.

I see your post as well-meaning, and it would be great if models would do the challenge. ALS is a very destructive disease, and every bit of monetary help to forward their research is great! However, what good would CAMmodels on Youtube do? Besides cause horny underage boys to find these camsites a little easier. I doubt the models would do it without promoting their name/site/brand/whatever. Just seems awkward for a Youtube thing. Maybe if girls just do it on their cams, it might go over well.

Regardless, I highly recommend donating to a cause about which you're passionate.

I was challenged and am doing this live tomorrow. I am matchingv donations up to $500. Tokens will control how much ice is in my bucket. The goal is 100ice cubes and a $1000 donation ($500 from members + $500 from me)

If anyone donates $500 personally with proof I'll be throwing an ice bucket over my bf dukes head and posting the video.

I think this is an awesome challenge and I'm excited to see this get the awareness it has needed for a long time!

Miss_Lollipop said:
I was challenged and am doing this live tomorrow. I am matchingv donations up to $500. Tokens will control how much ice is in my bucket. The goal is 100ice cubes and a $1000 donation ($500 from members + $500 from me)

If anyone donates $500 personally with proof I'll be throwing an ice bucket over my bf dukes head and posting the video.

I think this is an awesome challenge and I'm excited to see this get the awareness it has needed for a long time!

and this is why I think you're awesome! (amongst other things), I haven't come across many camgirls invloved with charity work like you and I think it's awesome you're in the position (with your following) to do this and make shit happen!
(just a note, haven't come across them yet, doens't mean they're not out there of course)

we can debate all about this, but in the end isn't it just the facts that money is going towards charity the most important thing?

(I think I'm half-challenged already, but it hasnt even occurred to me to do it on cam and have members donate too. great idea!)

I_Am_Iris said:

A) the person physically has enough means to still have food/clothing/shelter for themselves and their family

I see your post as well-meaning, and it would be great if models would do the challenge. ALS is a very destructive disease, and every bit of monetary help to forward their research is great! However, what good would CAMmodels on Youtube do? Besides cause horny underage boys to find these camsites a little easier. I doubt the models would do it without promoting their name/site/brand/whatever. Just seems awkward for a Youtube thing. Maybe if girls just do it on their cams, it might go over well.

Regardless, I highly recommend donating to a cause about which you're passionate.
I can't agree with this.
Intentions doesn't make the money/awareness less valuable.
Many politicians, pageant girls, and celebrities donate for publicity. It's still helping the cause, they're still doing great things.
I'm seeing a lot of criticism on FB over the ice bucket challenge and it makes me rage. There are so many other things to be concerned about. People donating/raising awareness should be the last thing you're mad about regardless of intentions or how it's done.

I feel like if I'm about to start camming with my friend in a wheel chair I'd be really stupid to pass this up whatever my actual intentions about funding ALS research.

Imma do it fully clothed, live on cam and donate 100% of the tokens I make to this place. http://www.alsa.org/

PlayboyMegan said:
I_Am_Iris said:

I can't agree with this.
Many politicians, pageant girls, and celebrities donate for publicity. It's still helping the cause, they're still doing great things.
I'm seeing a lot of criticism on FB over the ice bucket challenge and it makes me rage. There are so many other things to be concerned about. People donating/raising awareness should be the last thing you're mad about regardless of intentions or how it's done.

100% agree.
If everyone stopped donating for publicity the world would be a far crappier place.

I'd mention its also 100% possible to have more than one intention.

For example: While I am doing the ice bucket challenge on mfc my intention is to give back and double the $500 donation I would like to make. However, I am also going to happily eat up any positive publicity this brings me and/or new friends I make, and I don't feel like that is something to be ashamed of. Just as most people will happily write off their donations on their taxes.

My only issue with the ice bucket challenge is how many celebs do it without mentioning in their videos what ALS is or where to donate. I think some people will be curious enough to Google but some won't and then it's not raising awareness, it's just a viral trendy thing to do. It's a fun and engaging idea, and I like seeing the videos, but definitely people should be including info.about WHY they're doing it.

I've seen a few camgirls do it and it's awesome!

GenXoxo said:
My only issue with the ice bucket challenge is how many celebs do it without mentioning in their videos what ALS is or where to donate. I think some people will be curious enough to Google but some won't and then it's not raising awareness, it's just a viral trendy thing to do. It's a fun and engaging idea, and I like seeing the videos, but definitely people should be including info.about WHY they're doing it.

I've seen a few camgirls do it and it's awesome!

agreed! I also hope these celebs/those with the means are donating too. Raising awareness is great, but leading by example is also important.

Oh, I agree with you Megan and Lolli about that ANY donation is good, and of course the publicity helps. But if someone is ONLY doing it for the publicity and not advertising/explaining the cause (like Gen said), then it's useless. It's just another wet t-shirt show. Sorry if I worded my post stupidly, but doing it to ACTUALLY benefit the cause is wonderful. And picking up a few perks from it (whether it's more viewers, higher camscore, etc) is fine. Just give information as to what you're actually helping!

Ok, here's a great example of what I meant with the whole "not explaining what ALS was, where to donate, how much was donated, etc." This is a typical celebrity video of Gwen Stefani (who, HOLY FUCK, looks GREAT still). She only mentions ALS once.

THIS: Steve-o (from Jackass) posted on his facebook EXACTLY what I was trying to say, but he worded it so much better. Watch his video, but DEFINITELY read the paragraph below it!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=955225291169907

....but she mentions ALS.
Anyone who wants to donate can do a 5 second google search.
Although it helps to provide all of the information, it isn't necessary. As long as "ALS" is mentioned even once, people are going to get curious and look it up for themselves.
Before the challenge went viral, only 50% of the general population knew what ALS was. Now I don't know a single person that doesn't know about it.

Miss_Lollipop said:

How did the challenge go?

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
I am soooo glad more models are thinking about doing this. I literally just was talking to a few other models to see if they wanted to do some type of event to challenge each other. I just thought it would be fun to do (I'm always down for doing something fun to change it up), and be nice to donate % of my earnings to a great cause.

I'm thinking about doing the challenge for the whole month of September. Each week having one day that I host the challenge. This way all of my fans can participate, not just the ones who can make it that one day. Also I could challenge different cammodels each week. And most importantly, we could maximize the donations given!!!

I love the idea of the tips controlling how much ice is used! Maybe I'll incorporate how much I wear into the tips too?!? I wouldn't put it on Youtube, but I may post the video on my Tumblr or something...

Let me know if any of you lovely cammodels would be up for the challenge! I will probably create a banner for my profile/social media pages and will add list who I challenge there. If you have a date planned for your challenge let me know so I can add that, and hopefully join you too! J

miss.adler said:
Miss_Lollipop said:

How did the challenge go?

We completed goal in 2 hours flat.. and are making the $1000 donation i think on friday (waiting on a repacement bank card) live on cam!

Additionally: I challenged every single member of my membership club (the pound puppies) and they have responded to the challenge! Some are doing both ice and donation, some are doing just the donation. Some are doing it live on cam while i watch online, some sending me vids.

ALSO: Always_Tim donated $500 to alsa.org so my other half - DukeCityGent can get iced too! we are making a plan to do this and i'll be posting the video in the next week!

I also challenged Pic_Nic, KayleePond, MarissaFrost, EllelaRiot, SinSeraTea and LilLitaRose to do the challenge! Kaylee and Marissa did theirs yesterday and donated 1/2 their tokens to als.!

P.S do not have someone dump lots of ice on you from a height like did. I have a BUMP on my head.

Miss_Lollipop said:
We completed goal in 2 hours flat.. and are making the $1000 donation i think on friday (waiting on a repacement bank card) live on cam!

Additionally: I challenged every single member of my membership club (the pound puppies) and they have responded to the challenge! Some are doing both ice and donation, some are doing just the donation. Some are doing it live on cam while i watch online, some sending me vids.

ALSO: Always_Tim donated $500 to alsa.org so my other half - DukeCityGent can get iced too! we are making a plan to do this and i'll be posting the video in the next week!

I also challenged Pic_Nic, KayleePond, MarissaFrost, EllelaRiot, SinSeraTea and LilLitaRose to do the challenge! Kaylee and Marissa did theirs yesterday and donated 1/2 their tokens to als.!

P.S do not have someone dump lots of ice on you from a height like did. I have a BUMP on my head.

Note taken! I will dump my own ice lol!

PlayboyMegan said:
I can't agree with this.

I completely agree with you Megan, the challenge has raised awareness, a bucket full of money for ALS, and also has been fun.

I totally missed your Pound puppy call out Lacey, I already donated the $100, but I'll do the ice bucket also.

HiGirlsRHot said:
PlayboyMegan said:
I can't agree with this.

I completely agree with you Megan, the challenge has raised awareness, a bucket full of money for ALS, and also has been fun.

I totally missed your Pound puppy call out Lacey, I already donated the $100, but I'll do the ice bucket also.

Haha i tweeted it and did it live - i am about to post it on the pound puppy forum! Thank you for taking the challenge.. again!! :)

!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.