AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How much is the typical model making per hour average?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you mfc@svfx.com. I would add that if everything else is the same, then ADDITIONAL offline tips will improve the cam score. If you assume that everyone will tip the same amount, whether it's offline or online, then, yes, correct, no magic. But the reality is, that SOME models do seem to get a few more tokens by specifically asking for offline tips. No way to check this, of course...only educated speculation. But since tips are to at least to some extent emotionally granted...then asking for offline tips are the equivalent of a commercial advertiser getting someone to buy something they don't really need by way of advertising.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Don't put yourself under pressure by numbers and don't let your bf. He should try himself work as a camboy :lol: If you want to achieve usefull results of your calculations you need to know how much some models get tipped OFFLINE for what reasons ever. (and although this is not popular: I doubt that all these offline tips are due to the girls accomplishments as a camgirl) Since we don't know it all these calculations don't make any sense.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Camming honestly just takes time, more than I'd like to deal with sometimes. But when I consider that I make more doing this, for less time, than I do at my part-time job, I stop bitching.

If you want to make a cammer of yourself and you're disappointed with your score or income, you have to be the one to change it.

It's working hours not just when you're online, but offline too. Tweeting, creating content and games for your room to increase your internet awareness, create a following, and keeping up with your current regulars. For those members who have tipped to receive texting priveleges, for me it's texting them periodically with a smiling face photo or a "how is your day going, dear?" Keeping your fan base interested in you, your life, and everything else takes time. If you don't want to put in the time, you won't advance.

I learned that the hard way when I first started camming, so I'm not just talking out my arse. I got bored of sitting online just talking to people who wanted to jerk off on my face (or so they told me) and not making barely a tip to my name. So my hours lessened, and the meager tips did as well. Then, working a cash register at my other job (and hating it dearly, mind you), I realized that I was getting tipped money, real money, to sit on my bed and talk to people... in my panties and bra, sometimes my pajamas. With a dawn of realizition, I wondered why I was still working at a job I hated instead of trying to improve a potentially awesome one.

So I put in more hours on the site, showing up to my other job a little bleary-eyed and snoozing through a few lectures in class, but I started seeing improvements after about two weeks. My paycheck literally tripled, I shit you not. I also started getting site message asking when I would be on, what we would be doing next, what was going on in my life for the day... and I started having regulars. Now even if regulars don't tip, they often encourage others to do so, which is sweet and helpful.

So while I still work a part-time job, it's more for a social thing a few times a week than actually taking it as a serious job. MFC is what I consider to be my job, and I really do like it. I've met a lot of nice people and it's probably the most fun job I've ever had... it just takes time and hard work to get to a point where you'll really start to appreciate what you do.

Ranting over... sorry, I write too much. Life story fin!

[EDIT: ] Oh, yeah, I almost forgot... if your boy-toy wants to see more income made, he should try camming himself or trying to bring it in... see how much he bitches then when it's his booty shaking on the internet. ;D​

I'm just starting out and hosed my camscore from the start by trying to get my schedule right, and I just averaged out everything I've made over the past month with my crappy 584 cam score and I make about $9 an hour. I seemed like more before, but I think once I get a regular schedule down, like everyone says, it'll pick up a bit! Fingers crossed :h:

Status
Not open for further replies.