AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to deal with guys who tip for pm and then try to steal the whole show?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2023
I always have this issue with guys who will tip to pm me or for c2c, but then want me to focus far too much on them. I feel the need to keep engaging otherwise I'll risk losing them in the room. Now I know the first thought may be let them leave, they're probably not going to spend a significant amount anyways and know what they're doing, however, as someone who doesnt have a following yet, I feel I still need them in room just to boost engagement, and to encourage other members to spend as they see someone already did.

If you see a lot of names enter your room repeatedly while he's there, they may be trying to get your attention before engaging the room.

There were nights where guys would ask if the conversation was opened to everyone, of course it is, it's a chat room. Ultimately you'll learn where your comfort level is in stopping the engagement. For instance, if someone is PMing with nothing but compliments, I don't respond or say thanks in public chat. If they ask a question about the show I answer in PM.

The model I visit used to have a guy who carried out standard mundane conversation in PM. He would tip 2 tokens every time he sent a message. Then he would type "Replied". It drove her up the wall and was a shocking experience for everyone else in the room.

The model I visit used to have a guy who carried out standard mundane conversation in PM. He would tip 2 tokens every time he sent a message. Then he would type "Replied". It drove her up the wall and was a shocking experience for everyone else in the room.
Lol that’s when I would type “blocked” in response and follow through with that action. Entitled behavior is rampant on these sites.

I always have this issue with guys who will tip to pm me or for c2c, but then want me to focus far too much on them. I feel the need to keep engaging otherwise I'll risk losing them in the room. Now I know the first thought may be let them leave, they're probably not going to spend a significant amount anyways and know what they're doing, however, as someone who doesnt have a following yet, I feel I still need them in room just to boost engagement, and to encourage other members to spend as they see someone already did.
Yeah, there is a risk of losing them, but it might not be a bad thing. I have one semi-regular that comes in my room and PMs me right away (he's a CB supporter?) and tries to dominate the room. I prefer talking to typing, and if I don't reply to his PM right away he leaves. On CB he's dark purple (tipping thousands in the past 2 weeks) but he never tips me more than 25-50 tokens, but most visits he tips nothing. I have no problem with losing someone like that.

You are a sales person. You need to have the intuition to see whether someone is actually going to spend money or wasting your time.

If you take privates, you can let them know (either through PM or profile rules, which you can direct them to or C/P) pms are for your to respond to at your discretion as you have time and privates are available if they want more individualized attention.
I just came back to camming so it is slower for me now, but I still always decide how to respond based on flow of the room and what they're saying... (if it's just compliments, demands, etc I may say thanks/direct to tip menu verbally, if they're carrying on an actual conversation or it's interesting, I'm more likely to respond in PM). When I had a busier room, I increased price of PM cause it's really just harder to get them to when it's busy so the higher price decreased frequency and also made it more likely PMs weren't used for little things that really didn't require a PM.

Reactions: melanieoncam
Status
Not open for further replies.