AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to make a good watermark overlay banner in ManyCam

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2011
I'm not really a fan of watermarked videos. They are distracting and it reduces my enjoyment of being in a model's room. However, I can understand why a model feels the need to add them to her video. So, I'd like to offer some suggestions on how to watermark your video without making it so distracting.

A bad overlay is something like this:

CVO2P.jpg

The watermark is big, bright, and cannot be ignored. A better overlay is like this:

H05dv.jpg

It's still visible, but it is not so glaring. It tends to blend into the background and become part of the scenery. The viewer is able to tune it out and concentrate on you.

Here's how you can make the softer watermark. Get ManyCam. It's a program which allows you to add effects to your cam stream.

Start ManyCam. Go to Sources->Camera and select your camera. You should see your webcam stream. Go to the Effects->Text Over Video. It will look like this:

j6deG.jpg

- Deselect "Show ManyCam.com Logo"
- Enter your text in the text box
- In the "Background" section, set the Transparency to 100%. This will remove the box around the text.
- In the "Text" section, set the transparency to 80% or something. The higher the transparency, the more it will blend into your background and the less distracting it will be.
- Click "A Font" and pick a font you like. Change the size to be something small. Pick a color which will tend to blend into your background.

ManyCam will let you scroll the text, but I would highly discourage it. It's way too distracting. Some models do it and I cannot stay in their room. All I can focus on is the scrolling text.

Status
Not open for further replies.