AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I have a question Particularly for Bbw cam gals

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2021
United States
Hello ladies!

I have tried searching the forum to try and find some answers but am not finding what I am looking for.

I fall in the BBW categories for camming. I am currently on streamate. It is the only site I can do at the moment because I honestly dont know of any non token cam sites to try out that are good for bbws, good traffic for bbws and payout (if you know any feel free to share)

Anyways, my question to particularly bbw models. With working on sm and only camming how much on average per day do you make? What rates do you charge? How many hours a day do you put in? Not much info on bbw cam girls with this information, I always find it this information gearing towards outside this category.

Also what do you do differently from a regular private to an exclusive. If it's to personal to post in the comments for some then please feel free to send me a private message on here. I have never gotten a private message before so hopefully not hard to find lol.

I am at 3.99 and 4.99. My goal is to hit at least $100 per day. I would prefer to make it up to at least $150 per day. I was also planning on doing 10 to 11 hrs per day just to reach the goal. This is of course all on SM. Do you think it's possible even with the slower traffic?

Any answers would be helpful to give me hope that it is achievable even with how slow SM has been.

Thanks in advance! ❤

• Hugs
Reactions: Erika
Hello ladies!

I have tried searching the forum to try and find some answers but am not finding what I am looking for.

I fall in the BBW categories for camming. I am currently on streamate. It is the only site I can do at the moment because I honestly dont know of any non token cam sites to try out that are good for bbws, good traffic for bbws and payout (if you know any feel free to share)

Anyways, my question to particularly bbw models. With working on sm and only camming how much on average per day do you make? What rates do you charge? How many hours a day do you put in? Not much info on bbw cam girls with this information, I always find it this information gearing towards outside this category.

Also what do you do differently from a regular private to an exclusive. If it's to personal to post in the comments for some then please feel free to send me a private message on here. I have never gotten a private message before so hopefully not hard to find lol.

I am at 3.99 and 4.99. My goal is to hit at least $100 per day. I would prefer to make it up to at least $150 per day. I was also planning on doing 10 to 11 hrs per day just to reach the goal. This is of course all on SM. Do you think it's possible even with the slower traffic?

Any answers would be helpful to give me hope that it is achievable even with how slow SM has been.

Thanks in advance! ❤

Going off your rate of 3.99 (assuming you are in the usa or a country getting 35%) you would need to have 126 minutes a day in paid chat (you make $1.19 a minute at 3.99). First thing I would do personally is raise that rate, I would at least be looking to double it. When I was on SM I was at the $10 a min mark and still got shows even though a lot of guys on there charge closer to $1 a min, so I wouldnt worry to much about raising it, and if you see you made more at a lower rate then it's easy enough to drop back down.

Yeah I think the u.s. models average around 7.99. I charge 6.99. Thank the gods guys can’t sort or filter models by price. So most of the effort is getting the guys into the room in the first place. (Thumbnail photo for the main site is crucially important.) Once they are in the room and horny their brain/impulse control doesn’t work too well, so low pricing is not super super important. Aim high! Especially as a niche model. Conventionally attractive gals are a dime a dozen. Your goals seem doable if you raise your price

With working on sm and only camming how much on average per day do you make? What rates do you charge? How many hours a day do you put in?
I charge 9.99 PVT and 10.99 EXCL. I'm VERY inconsistent (partly because of my ADHD, partly because I have income streams other than live camming which require my attention at different times). In recent months I've been committing hard to contest weeks, doing up to 60hrs. Including these in my overall average, I average 20hrs/week on SM.
Also what do you do differently from a regular private to an exclusive.
Everyone's different but for me, main difference is penetration, C2C and fetish/roleplays that are more niche are EXCL only
Anything's possible but I'd recommend minimum 6.99 and 7.99 so you're not burning yourself out. Higher prices bring better customers anyway. 10-11hrs is what I consider extreme and only do this during contest weeks. Each to their own but for me, that's unsustainably high!
SM is simply slow right now, even the top models are finding it rough so don't beat yourself up about it, just persevere. I will also add that being a BBW is not the huge disadvantage you'd imagine it to be and there's no reason for us to set our expectations or behaviours in this industry any different to the "normal" body types. There's a niche for everything you'll be surprised how many people love your curves. It's ALL about confidence!

I lost 60lbs the last 2 years. I'm actually having more competition now, because I think there are a lot more conventional body type women, who do vanilla. Luckily I'm really into a few niche fetishes, and I have the advantage of age. Anything that sets you apart from the majority is a money maker in this industry, not a money loser. At least that has been my experience anyways. I wouldn't worry so much about your physical appearance, more about who you are and how much of your personality you are showing them. There's kind of this weird cross over with reality TV, where a lot of people are looking for some social interaction or voyeurism, and the sex stuff can come way down the list of importance with a lot of that crowd. But even the hardcore crowd all have different preferences and body types they like. I would say BBW is more likely an advantage, and to charge more for it. Not less. Hopefully I'm not over stepping the bounds saying that, it's just based off of my own experience in this industry, at many different weights.

If you are consistent you'll build a crowd. The times I've struggled is more when I move between body types, so losing weight or gaining weight, and the transition phase. When I went from super skinny to normal body type, I struggled, and lost a lot of fans. When I went from normal to curvy and "obese" (according to my doctors charting) business was great, and stayed great. Ever since I've been losing weight, it's tougher again, because once more I'm between types/ crowds. Just hang in there, show as much of the real you as is safe, and exude as much confidence as possible. And you'll probably make a ton. Don't be scared to show your personality and interests, there are tons of cam fans that are super cerebral guys, and who love to chat about games, even sociology, art, anthropology, history, biology, nature, skiing, photography and all kinds of other more brainy things. You name it, there's a guy that is going to get turned on talking to a woman about shared passions. Even just gaming, football, poetry or basketball too.

A lot of these dudes are super brainy. Always charge for that too though.

Last edited:
Wow! First off I just want to say thank you to all who have commented so far. I appreciate everyone of you for you have said and the tips and advice given to me. If anyone has more on this please share.

I appreciate the advice on the pricing aspect. Because I felt I was low balling myself just to get money. And I really want to achieve the goals I posted above. I enjoy learning and dabbling in niches.

I am definitely going to raise my price per min for pvt and exclusive. You guys have giving me the confidence to do so. I believe I can achieve that. I'm tired of letting the fear prevent me being a success. Or worrying about my body.

It's definitely all about confidence. My biggest confidence issue is my teeth...so talking can be hard but I have been pushing past it the best I can.

@KingMarti really appreciate the breakdown of that. I am in usa as well. I will definitely be raising the pricing. ☺

@luxgray thank you for that. I had no clue what models were charging because I can't see other models pricing since I have not signed up for a free account so it's nice to know. I appreciate your comment. 😊

@Sashacurves thanks so much for hitting all the points and sharing your advice with me. This gives me great confidence to raise the price. I feel it will be much more worth it amd make better effort as well. I have still be working on figuring out the hours but I'm gonna try to push for at least 10 hours to give me plenty of time to hit my end goal of at least 100 to 150. Thanks so much loves for the advice 💗

@MarieElise I also appreciate your feedback. And making me feel more comfortable in my body and that I shouldn't worry to much about that aspect but how I present myself. I believe I am worth more than I was charging so definitely making that change. So going to work on being consistent and pusting myself.

If I think of any other questions on this topics or advice I will ask on this thread question if it relates to the same matter. Anyone else who sees this please feel free to share even if you are not bbw. Any advice and encouragement is greatly appreciated. I appreciate you guys and thanks so much again! ❤

I am BBW.
15 years ago there were maybe 1-3 bbw online at one time. no-one wanted to be a bbw until body positive came along
bbw models do make a lot of money on sm.

Exclusive chat shows easy money: fat play, cellulite play, eating, body worship, stretch mark, fetish belly play, some guys get off degrading fat girls in private, usually these guys are super chill in free chat and ask to degrade you, face sitting aka you sitting on the cam.. the list goes on and someone will come up w something new in our future and that will be a exclusive show. lol
I do anal in excl but will do it in private for 50 gold
hold goldshows to gain traffic.

I watch models and skinny girls get trolled as well. it happens to every model. sometimes i think they get it worse

I would raise the price to 4.99/999 ex and see how you do. i started at that price in 09. im not far off that price i think im 6.99/10.99 lol
invest in a tip toy, we make a lot off random tips
its easy to make money on sm, stupid easy and i don't understand why this summer is so hard but I'm also going through changes in my household
what effect's my money is not being a perky as I am when my home is empty

Your teeth bother you? I CAN RELATE so when you start making money the first visit is the dentist.
dental work is so expensive and doing one small thing at a time can make a huge difference.
i thought all my dental work was done, it's a never ending process. boosting your confidence and appearance can bring in good $$$$ these guys pick up on good vibes.

get on social media and send links
putting in hours right now is how you will get there.
I love being a camgirl. sm is my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.