AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Major Cam sites stats - New cams stats

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2023
Hi,

I'm involved in a project where I'm analyzing public data from a popular cam site. I thought it might be interesting to share some insights from this data with you all. The data was collected every 5 minutes from August 1, 2023, to December 31, 2023, and specifically focuses on female models.

Hourly Audience
Here's a graph showing the average number of viewers for each hour of the day. The times are in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time),

hourly_audience.jpg

New Models
During this period, there were 9,162 new models.
Of these, 4,041 stopped streaming on the platform. On average, these models streamed for about 17 days before stopping.

Median Number of Followers in the First 60 Days
Let's talk about the median, which is a simple concept. Imagine lining up all the new models according to their number of followers. The model in the middle of this line-up is our median. This means half of the models have more followers than this median model, and half have fewer.
followers.jpg

It shows the importance of the 7 first days.

New models have been grouped into four categories based on their follower counts after 60 days, known as quartiles. Think of it like slicing a cake into four equal parts. Each slice (or quartile) has a range of follower counts. The first quartile has the models with the fewest followers, and the fourth quartile has those with the most.

The next graph shows how the number of followers grew over the first 60 days for each of these four groups.

followers_per_quartile.jpg

Keywords Impacting Viewer Growth
Finally, I've prepared a file that lists the keywords in room subjects that influence the growth of viewers the most in the next 5 minutes, the correlation coef between the keyword and the viewers increase is indicated just after the keyword. Note that some of the language used might be explicit.

Top 100 keywords

Why am I sharing this? Because I believe these insights can be helpful to you, and also because I might need your assistance with my project soon. I'll share more details about that later!

I hope you find this data interesting and useful. If you want more stats from this period, just let me know, and I'll do my best to provide them.

Would be interesting to know which site this was. I like data, so i find this interesting. But it would be great to know which site this was collected on and how.
Based on the hourly audience I guess it‘s a european site, possibly stripchat. I don‘t think it‘s an american site like cb because these have the maximum audience between 0-6 UTC. But maybe OP will tell us, I am also interested.

Reactions: podumet
Would be interesting to know which site this was. I like data, so i find this interesting. But it would be great to know which site this was collected on

This is Chaturbate.

For another project I had to capture each 5mn the broadcaster on line each 5mn, data collected include online broadcasters, room subjects, number of viewers and number of followers.
Data was collected during 5 months from august to december 2023.

Based on the hourly audience I guess it‘s a european site, possibly stripchat. I don‘t think it‘s an american site like cb because these have the maximum audience between 0-6 UTC. But maybe OP will tell us, I am also interested.
This was my initial guess but no, I double check before publishing. This trend are confirmed by stats platfoms for instance here

By the way 2 additional ones :
Number of unique broadcaster per hour of day
Hourly_broadcster.jpeg

And the ratio of viewers (audience) / number of broadcaster.

broadcasters_vs_viewers.jpeg

Reactions: Agi
only 9162 in five months?
Thanks for your comment,
To be completely exhaustive :
130 000 (c.) unique broadcasters has been seen in the period.
From this unique broadcaster 9162 was new on the 3 first months, for the project I need 60 days observation after broadcaster in not new anymore so new user in the last 2 months are not taken into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.