AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

obs bitrate

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 5, 2023
with logitech brio and dslr canon d200
usually i'll use OBS, h.264, chaturbate i set 1280x720 60fps and i put 6.000 bitrate
if i'll put 20.000 bitrate what's can change?
(my internet is max 50.000 bitrate)
i don't understand if more bitrate = more quality
same example for 1920x1080
video format what's better for quality?
i have intel strong cpu (without dedicated videocard)
thanks

The bitrate setting is for how much data can be send, if you stream 720p at 60FPS, I believe it's around 5000 - 6000 you should run so that's fine (with audio)

I can't remember all the settings but putting it up to 20.000 bitrate shouldn't give too much quality, if you run it at those settings, however if you then put it to 1080, 60FPS, I would recommend to put it up to 8000 - 9000 Bitrate.

Hope this answers the question :)

Upvote 0
There is very little quality change once the bitrate is high enough. The issue with bitrate is that 1280x720-60/6000kps bit rate will work great with software encoding, nvidia encoding or intel (build-in video card) encoding, but will be garbage with most of the (newest one may be better) AMD (built-in or external card) video card encoding. The AMD video card encoding may need close to 20k to produce a decent stream.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.