AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Problem with Firefox in theater mode / interactive full screen mode: checkbox "leave open after tipping" in the "send tip"-window

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

while using Firefox, the checkbox "leave open after tipping" in the "send tip"-window doesn't work anymore for me for a few days. Or better said, and that seems very strange to me: it only works in less than 1 of 10 times... Until about a week ago, I've never had this problem. The checkbox still works with all other browsers I have (Edge, Chrome, IE). But since Firefox is the only browser that doesn't cause me memory overload after a while, I would like to continue using Firefox. But opening the window for every tip is very annoying... Could anyone of you please verify this problem if it's a problem on my side or on Chaturbate's side? Or does anyone have any idea how I could solve this problem, if it's on my side? Thank you in advance!

But since Firefox is the only browser that doesn't cause me memory overload after a while
I never experimented mem overload with any browser yet, but this seems suspect, or your machine is obsolete or you have too many things running in the background :/

In your case, firefox seems having also mem problem and, in a funny way, to free up memory by closing silently this popup instead of crashing like others, that's just my feeling... but all of them should rather swap memory on HD.
Maybe check how much free space you have on your HD.

can you give here how much RAM you have and how much free space on the disk, and under which OS?

Upvote 0
Hello,

while using Firefox, the checkbox "leave open after tipping" in the "send tip"-window doesn't work anymore for me for a few days. Or better said, and that seems very strange to me: it only works in less than 1 of 10 times... Until about a week ago, I've never had this problem. The checkbox still works with all other browsers I have (Edge, Chrome, IE). But since Firefox is the only browser that doesn't cause me memory overload after a while, I would like to continue using Firefox. But opening the window for every tip is very annoying... Could anyone of you please verify this problem if it's a problem on my side or on Chaturbate's side? Or does anyone have any idea how I could solve this problem, if it's on my side? Thank you in advance!

I am pretty sure this is part of the TamperMonkey script and not a built in option for CB, isn't it?
Since CB added the new notification options it has broken the TamperMonkey script so if this is (or isn't) part of that, it has broken that too (I have looked in Both Chrome and FF, with the TamperMonkey enabled and disabled - and it does not show).

Upvote 0
I am pretty sure this is part of the TamperMonkey script and not a built in option for CB, isn't it?
a user addon? I don't think...
I have no script installed nor tamper monkey on Brave browser and have this option. Seems builtin then.

ETA: it's on theater mode or interactive full screen only

Upvote 0
a user addon? I don't think...
I have no script installed nor tamper monkey on Brave browser and have this option. Seems builtin then.

ETA: it's on theater mode or interactive full screen only

Then my bad, I have used those scripts for so long and they have so much great stuff i forget what is builtin and what isn't.
I assume it's broken because of the edits they created for the notifications or similar though.

@punker barbie maybe we can report this as a bug for you to pass on?

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Thank you for all your feedback and help. And to be more specific: It's just the checkbox in which you normally can check the box "leave open after tipping" that doesn't work. Nothing happens if you click the box, normally a check mark can be set that the window doesn't automatically close after a tip. Everything else works perfectly, and it only doesn't work in firefox.

I never experimented mem overload with any browser yet, but this seems suspect, or your machine is obsolete or you have too many things running in the background :/

In your case, firefox seems having also mem problem and, in a funny way, to free up memory by closing silently this popup instead of crashing like others, that's just my feeling... but all of them should rather swap memory on HD.
Maybe check how much free space you have on your HD.

can you give here how much RAM you have and how much free space on the disk, and under which OS?

Win 10, 16 GB Ram, an at least semi-professional graphics card and over 100 GB free space on the SSD and HDD. So I don't think that this is the problem. And the problem in Firefox also occurs when virtually nothing is running in the background and the computer has been newly restarted.

[and just to explain the memory overload problem in the other browsers: It only happens after several hours in the same room, but in Chrome as well as in IE and Edge. And after it has happened to me several times that the PM history was lost or a pvt was closed because of this problem, I trust Firefox where never happened anything like this to me.]

[...]

It's in the normal chartubate "theater mode" and the "interactive full screen mode", and the only (or at least the standard possibility without scripts or add-ons) to tip in these modes.

[...]

@punker barbie maybe we can report this as a bug for you to pass on?

I already wrote to cb-support a few days ago, but then withdrew the ticket after it worked (but, as I noticed yesterday, only once, and now the problem occurs again). And now I thought, before I bother the support again, maybe someone here could tell me quickly whether I am the only one who has this problem. Furthermore, I'm afraid that the support will only tell me to change the browser or the mode to "split mode" ;-)

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Thank you for all your feedback and help. And to be more specific: It's just the checkbox in which you normally can check the box "leave open after tipping" that doesn't work. Nothing happens if you click the box, normally a check mark can be set that the window doesn't automatically close after a tip. Everything else works perfectly, and it only doesn't work in firefox.

Win 10, 16 GB Ram, an at least semi-professional graphics card and over 100 GB free space on the SSD and HDD. So I don't think that this is the problem. And the problem in Firefox also occurs when virtually nothing is running in the background and the computer has been newly restarted.

[and just to explain the memory overload problem in the other browsers: It only happens after several hours in the same room, but in Chrome as well as in IE and Edge. And after it has happened to me several times that the PM history was lost or a pvt was closed because of this problem, I trust Firefox where never happened anything like this to me.]

It's in the normal chartubate "theater mode" and the "interactive full screen mode", and the only (or at least the standard possibility without scripts or add-ons) to tip in these modes.

I already wrote to cb-support a few days ago, but then withdrew the ticket after it worked (but, as I noticed yesterday, only once, and now the problem occurs again). And now I thought, before I bother the support again, maybe someone here could tell me quickly whether I am the only one who has this problem. Furthermore, I'm afraid that the support will only tell me to change the browser or the mode to "split mode" ;-)

Well, you can tell them it has been confirmed (by me) to not work/show in Chrome either (I also tested in Firefox).
So it's not just a you problem, it's a CB problem it seems

Reactions: oimerle
Upvote 0
Well, you can tell them it has been confirmed (by me) to not work/show in Chrome either (I also tested in Firefox).
So it's not just a you problem, it's a CB problem it seems
Wow, that's strange, because in Chrome it works fine for me (tested it right in this moment once again). And thanks for your reply, I will contact support once again.

Upvote 0
Make sure Firefox and any add-ons are all updated. Disable Enhanced Tracking Protection on Chaturbate to make sure it isn't interfering.
Thank you for your reply. Firefox is updated, and I don't have any add-ons because I don't use Firefox except for Chaturbate. And with disabled "Enhanced Tracking Protection" it doesn't work either. But I've tried a completely different computer (different operating system, different antivirus program, etc.) and it didn't work there either. But I'm already in contact with support so I hope they can fix the problem. I will report here if they can fix it or not.

Upvote 0
At least the problem seems to be reproducible for cb-support: "With further testing we have been able to successfully reproduce this issue and have forwarded your information to our development team to review. In the meantime we recommend using an alternate browser, such as Chrome."

Upvote 0
Update regarding the mentioned problem: After 3 weeks, I asked the support once again regarding this problem, and I got the answer that it would be prioritized appropriately... And yesterday the checkbox worked fine for the first time since Christmas and I was very happy about this. But my happiness was short-lived, today it doesn't work again...

Upvote 0
I'm having the same/similar issue in FF. When my pointer is over the box, I can't select it.

rightOnBox.png
I have to go to the left of the box to select.
leftOfBox.jpg
just a pain in the ass.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DoD404 and oimerle
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.