AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question for members: Inconsistent schedules

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SinSeraTea

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
May 14, 2013
Canada
profiles.myfreecams.com
Two questions I guess. First: Do you put up with them?

Say you think a model is great but she's irregularly online. Do you enjoy when you're online and she pops online randomly? Or do you not bother because she won't be on next time?

I ask because I'm a camgirl with a totally irregular schedule. My life is so hectic that trying to keep a schedule never works for me. I end up late or not online at all because I'm not able to organize my life at this time. This won't be the way it always is for me and I suppose I will eventually see the benefits of a regular schedule when I can have one.

And I the second question I guess, as a cam girl with a totally irregular schedule, is there anything I can do for members who do like my swaggle to encourage them to come back? I've had a person or two interested in scheduling privates with me before and those worked very well but those members asked me about scheduling privates rather than me contacting them about it.

I don't ever want to annoy members or seem like I'm begging for them. But I do like to be around the people who want to be around me.

Any model insight would be lovely too. ._.

Sorry, I'm not the target for this question :oops:
I have a sporadic schedule, but I have three (approximate) times of day that I'm usually online. Ive been around long enough that I have regulars in all these slots, and some of them have flexible schedules and will come online when they see that I am.

I think it definitely takes longer to gain a following working this way, and I don't recommend it but I think I have people now who are cool enough that they don't mind.

Being active on Twitter, Tumblr, and snapchat helps.

If I like a cam girl enough to be a regular, I'll catch her whenever I can no matter the schedule. That being said, I'm a take a cam girl private guy mostly, and I've had times where I've discovered a new model and made a mental note to look for her around payday to bring her private. The girls where I noticed that they were on at certain times made this a lot easier on me, and it was more likely the private would happen over a girl I had intended on going with in the future, but who I can't seem to catch on MFC. Eventually I just throw up my hands and find another girl to go private with.

I don't get super attached to one model, instead just kind of randomly surf/perv whoever is on that either looks the most interesting, i haven't seen in a long time, or fits my mood right then.

So a sporadic schedule probably wouldn't even be noticed by me. Not a problem at all.

A regular schedule can be nice so that a member could be like "Oh, it's Tuesday at 9pm, [Insert Model Here] is probably on!" but I don't think it's anywhere near necessary. I do believe that consistency plays a big part in a model's success--cuz people (in this case members) are creatures of habit in one way or another. That said, I would never hold it against a model for not being online enough. The scheduling flexibility/craziness that camming can provide is actually one of my favorite things about it, as a person that has lived through a variety of seriously hectic and weirdo schedules. :-D Plus--it's always kind of nice to catch up with someone you might not have seen in a while.

Sporadic schedules are definitely helped by solid communication, however, whether it's twitter or whatever other form of social media you choose to use to communicate with your members. It's nice to have a bit of warning for weird scheduling occurrences (and if you're always on at completely random times--warning can be really helpful I would think). I don't even think that such notices of potential cam sessions need to be all that specific, but even something like "I'll be on later tonight" or "look for me on Tuesday morning" can at least clue members in to when you might be on... I imagine members that are really interested in what you are doing will make a mental note of such "clues" and try to make it online if it works with their schedules. Obviously a specific communication of when actually sign on would definitely help as well.

SeraTonix said:

And I the second question I guess, as a cam girl with a totally irregular schedule, is there anything I can do for members who do like my swaggle to encourage them to come back? I've had a person or two interested in scheduling privates with me before and those worked very well but those members asked me about scheduling privates rather than me contacting them about it.

I don't ever want to annoy members or seem like I'm begging for them. But I do like to be around the people who want to be around me.
._.

I'm not sure if I really addressed your second question or not because I'm not exactly sure what you meant--but I think "encouragement" can come in a lot of forms--you could use twitter, blogs, tumblr, or whatever else to keep your fans hyped and informed of all the cool stuff you have going on. If there's a particular member you're interested in encouraging, a nice "thank you" or "how's it going?" MFC mail might go a long way. If a member is interested in what you have going on, I seriously doubt they would see any form of communication as annoying/begging--unless you were going at it like "GIVE ME UR TOKENS RIGHT MEOW!!!!" and who knows, that might even work because it's kind of hilarious. I think most members would appreciate the fact that you remembered who they were and took a little time out to say "hi" or whatever. I guess it could put off certain types of individuals, but well... everything in moderation :dance:

SeraTonix said:

Say you think a model is great but she's irregularly online. Do you enjoy when you're online and she pops online randomly? Or do you not bother because she won't be on next time?

I ask because I'm a camgirl with a totally irregular schedule. My life is so hectic that trying to keep a schedule never works for me. I end up late or not online at all because I'm not able to organize my life at this time. This won't be the way it always is for me and I suppose I will eventually see the benefits of a regular schedule when I can have one.
Only one of the models I visit often has a regular schedule. Another one used to have a somewhat reliable schedule, but doesn't anymore. Sure, I wish she still did, but I'm not going to stop liking her because of that.

I love it when models have reliable schedules. It's great to know when models will be available, both so that I can find them easily and so that if I have to leave a show early (or miss it entirely) I'll know when I can catch her again. I think I'd be a lot more productive at work if all my favorite models were on schedules so I didn't waste the whole day wondering when (or if) they'd show up on MFC. :)

But given that only one of the four has a schedule, it's obviously not the most important thing in the world to me. However I will point out that from what I've seen it seems easier for a model to keep her camscore up when she's on a schedule.

I think every model would love to know the perfect answer to that question but I don't think there is one. My best advice is to stay engaged with people on Twitter and keep us updated with when you'll be on cam. On any particular day try to figure out when you'll be on and let us know a few hours in advance, if possible. Cam models aren't the only ones with busy lives who need to adjust their schedules to make room for MFC. :)

Of course if you can't commit to a particular time, then don't. There's nothing worse than saying "I'll be on cam at 3:30" and then not showing up until 5:00 … or not at all. If you can't be sure when you're going to be on, then you'll just have to surprise us. It's a good idea to announce on both the MFC News Feed and on Twitter that you're on cam. (The former for those of us who are logged into MFC at the time, and the latter for those of us who aren't.)

Personally I've never scheduled a private. One of my favorite models only does scheduled privates, but I haven't yet been able to bring myself to schedule one. I only vary rarely do privates, for several reasons, and it would be difficult for me to schedule them. (Part of this is because I mostly use MFC at work, and I can't really guarantee in advance that I'll have enough uninterrupted time for something like that.) I imagine that scheduling privates would work great for a lot of guys, though.

Like others have said here, inconsistent schedules don't bother me. It always a pleasant surprise to see a model, I like on line, when I wasn't expecting to see her. On the other hand, I would not alter my schedule just to see her, if I knew she would be on cam at a time I don't usually watch. I also don't schedule privates ahead of time. I get seduced into privates when I get seduced into them :) .

I don't think you should worry too much. Members like me who visit the same models regularly likely won't be your target audience, anyway. I work regular hours, and like models who do so, as well. If a model is only online now and again, she won't even register for my ilk.

There are plenty of members who like to flit around. The only pressure there is that you have to make sure to catch their attention when they happen upon your room, on the rare occasions when you are online at the same time as they are.

I've always had a really inconsistent schedule and will go through phases of camming. Actually, I went through all my earning over the last year and besides last month I've really been slacking off big time. I have a feeling I may be one of those "cam loads all in one massive go, then disappear and cam inconsistently, then go for another big push" kind of people. Is there a "that kind of person" for that? I just don't know why but once my motivation leaves me I just don't want to do it. For some reason beginning of this month I couldn't wait to get back into camming, then after a few days went past the idea of camming has been freaking me out. It's like my personality has done a flip switch and I just want to be my own person for a while rather than having to switch to the person I am on cam, who I also love being, but right now I just don't want to go there for some reason.
The awful thing is, I miss camming because it's a part of me. I miss my cam friends, I miss working full stop. I feel like the longer I wait the more regulars I'll lose. Because of the pressure I put on myself last month, I feel like my regulars are all angry at me because I haven't been online. I feel like they're all shaking their heads thinking I'm a total slacker. I feel like I've really let everyone down. My regulars probably don't care, but in my head I'm panicking about it, which is making me not want to show my face on cam.

I do tend to work two shifts though, I always used to work an evening shift, but lately I've found a daytime shift works much better for me. These shifts could range within a few hours, but so long as I catch one of those times I'll usually have some people around.

Reactions: SinSeraTea
What a great topic to stumble across! I was actually just pondering how my own style and schedule has changed.
Over the last year and a half or so I have developed quite a few debilitating food and environmental allergies that If they get me, kinda knock me out of commission and make it impossible to work. On top of the regular occasional cold, monthly "lady issues", mental and physical fatigue from the job itself, required weekly content days and maybe if I'm lucky a real "day off" to actually just relax... it's gotten really hard to hold up the scheduled days consistency I used to be so good at. I'm lucky enough that I've finally gotten to the point that I only need to do one shift a day, which has been a long term goal, but average time frame has become the only thing consistent in my schedule. I try to make sure to always be in the same time block but the days shuffle around a lot.

Here's the thing though, I almost never have fail shifts or bad days anymore!
Before I would force myself on when I really wasn't feeling up to it pretty often, and more often than not my mood was pretty obvious and affected my show, which would then affect my income which would then affect how I felt the next day and so on.

Having a schedule of days help keep me organised and motivated but not being afraid to switch around days while keeping my time slot consistent has resulted in what I feel to be an overall better mood and happier environment in my room.

Status
Not open for further replies.