AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Questions about your cam experiences & intimacy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2020
Germany
Hi everyone,

I'm a Master's student in anthropology and I'm doing research on digital sexuality for a class. I grew up exploring sexuality online and I think it's fascinating--I'm interested in how the digital space has changed sexuality. I'm hoping to get some answers to a few questions I have. If you are not comfortable sharing on the forum, you can also message me privately. Of course, I will not share any of your information with anyone without your permission and nothing will be published.

Here are my questions:

1. How do you identify your gender and sexual orientation? (cis, trans, nonbinary, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, etc.)
  2. How long have you been camming? How did you get started?
  3. Do you consider camming work? Do you get paid?
  4. If so, is it your online source of income?
  5. Who are viewers? Do you know anything about them?
  6. Do you build intimacy with your viewers? How do you do this?
  7. What emotions are involved when you are on (and off) camera?
  8. Do you see your 'room' as a community? How so?

I really appreciate any responses and I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Hi everyone,

I'm a Master's student in anthropology and I'm doing research on digital sexuality for a class. I grew up exploring sexuality online and I think it's fascinating--I'm interested in how the digital space has changed sexuality. I'm hoping to get some answers to a few questions I have. If you are not comfortable sharing on the forum, you can also message me privately. Of course, I will not share any of your information with anyone without your permission and nothing will be published.

Here are my questions:

1. How do you identify your gender and sexual orientation? (cis, trans, nonbinary, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, etc.)
  2. How long have you been camming? How did you get started?
  3. Do you consider camming work? Do you get paid?
  4. If so, is it your online source of income?
  5. Who are viewers? Do you know anything about them?
  6. Do you build intimacy with your viewers? How do you do this?
  7. What emotions are involved when you are on (and off) camera?
  8. Do you see your 'room' as a community? How so?

I really appreciate any responses and I look forward to hearing from all of you!
1) female
2) I’ve been camming for almost four years. I kind of just jumped in with my husband on chaturbate, but switched to Streamate by myself after a couple months.
3) I definitely consider it work. Of course I get paid.
4) it is my only source of income. I used to own a one woman cleaning business, but stopped in 2018 to focus on camming. I work about 20 hours a week.
5) my viewers are men who range greatly in age, from 18-70. Single guys, married guys, and everything in between.
6) I do build intimacy with viewers by being myself. I’m really good at GFE. I have a few regulars that I am very open with and close to. I see my viewers as human beings, normal guys, and treat them as such. I don’t put on an act like so many other models seem to. I am who I am. I think that’s what people like most about me.
7) I’m not a very emotional person. I will say that camming has helped boost my self esteem. When I have a particularly good shift, I feel really happy.
8) I do not see my room as a community. I’m on a pay per minute site, and I have it set so members can’t see what others say. When I watch sites like chaturbate, and I see the members talking to each other, it gives me a weird circle jerk kinda vibe that feels awkward.

No❤

They asked if cammodels consider camming work and if we get paid. So doubt.
That was a weird question. I mean, I know there are some people who do it because they are exhibitionists, so they likely wouldn’t consider it work, and may not get paid. It seems like a very small group who cam that way. I was happy to answer the questions though. Education is so important. My dream career is a sex/relationship therapist, but I’m certain I’ll never get there. I’m too damn old and I don’t have the time for 8 years of school. It makes me sad when I think about it, so I try not to😞

That was a weird question. I mean, I know there are some people who do it because they are exhibitionists, so they likely wouldn’t consider it work, and may not get paid. It seems like a very small group who cam that way. I was happy to answer the questions though. Education is so important. My dream career is a sex/relationship therapist, but I’m certain I’ll never get there. I’m too damn old and I don’t have the time for 8 years of school. It makes me sad when I think about it, so I try not to😞
Bb you can still do it! You are never too old for school! I don't blame you for answering and it's totes fine that you did. You are new to the forums, and probably didn't know we get these questions quite a lot, and a lot of us are tired. Lol.

There has been some great ones where they supplied their credentials, compensated us for our time, and sent us their research and findings.

They asked if cammodels consider camming work and if we get paid. So doubt.

Sorry if I quote this. But that is projection at work. Since I higly doubt he/she is getting paid for that research, he/she assummes other people in the world are not getting paid for their work. That research is biased from the start.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Not a model, but I find higly unprofessional the fact you've not even mentioned the University you are attending.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Sorry if I quote this. But that is projection at work. Since I higly doubt he/she is getting paid for that research, he/she assummes other people in the world are not getting paid for their work. That research is biased from the start.
true, undergraduate or graduate research is work you pay for. i understand ignorance, but at the same time most people studying camwork or sexwork in general have an understanding its a job people choose to pay their bills. anyone who have watched or paid for camshows long enough (not just the rips onto tubesites) knows we aren't doing it for internet points, attention, or monopoly money.

Not a model, but I find higly unprofessional the fact you've not even mentioned the University you are attending.

sorry not trying to roast the poor kid. but totally agree. definitely needs to be a little more professional. im not expecting to be an expert, but we have had college researches do a better job. i know i'd be more inclined to fill in questionnaire if we had more information instead of "hey guys, do my homework pls."

sorry not trying to roast the poor kid. but totally agree. definitely needs to be a little more professional. im not expecting to be an expert, but we have had college researches do a better job. i know i'd be more inclined to fill in questionnaire if we had more information instead of "hey guys, do my homework pls."

This looks as anything but a survey. i never saw any survey made on a forum (how could you check that people answering you are what they pretend to be), without giving the objective of the survey (they aren't done for the sake of it). Half of the questions are way too blurry and cannot be used in any study.

And obviously the first thing about any study or survey is the university or organism that is doing it.

This isn't a survey, but some grey user fantasy.

This looks as anything but a survey. i never saw any survey made on a forum (how could you check that people answering you are what they pretend to be), without giving the objective of the survey (they aren't done for the sake of it). Half of the questions are way too blurry and cannot be used in any study.

And obviously the first thing about any study or survey is the university or organism that is doing it.

This isn't a survey, but some grey user fantasy.
I agree with PandoraUnchained on this one...

Me too, actually. Given the assortment of questions, it almost feels like they're hoping that we don't do it for the money, we do it because we love our members so much that we even think about them intimately off cam.

Reactions: MarieElise
Status
Not open for further replies.