AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ℹ️ Sending DMCA requests

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberCutie

ACF Owner & Admin. (I don't work for CB.)
Staff member
Cam Model
Mar 1, 2010
AmberLand (Seattle, WA)
Twitter Username
@amberlynnegirl
MFC Username
AmberCutie
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000458969/AmberCutie/
Do not fill out a DMCA notice yourself with your personal/real contact information.

If content is taken from your video stream on the cam site you use, contact the cam site's model support with the links to the videos/pictures and ask them to take care of it for you. Not only does this limit your exposure directly to the content hosts, but it's actually the cam site's property anyway. Even if it is content that you recorded yourself to sell via that cam site, you can still ask for their help in getting the content removed. Sending a DMCA yourself should be the last resort, and even then, do NOT include your real contact information. Use your stage name, your stage name email address, etc.

Sending personal/real contact info to content hosts is RISKY for your personal safety. We go to great lengths to keep our real contact info secret to reduce the risk of "the crazies" using it against us somehow. There HAVE been numerous cases where girls have sent DMCA requests directly to the content site and have been harassed incessantly and blackmailed. IT HAPPENS. And this may just be my personal opinion I'm injecting, but getting a video taken off of some shady site isn't worth risking harassment and blackmail.

If you think my wording in this post seems dramatic and overly cautious, that's fine. But too many cam girls are misinformed about this process, even by fellow models who sound like they know what they're doing. I don't want bad advice falling into the wrong hands and causing unnecessary drama for an unknowing girl who thought she was doing the right thing.

Here at ACF I like to give everyone the benefit of sharing their ideas and opinions and advice, but going forward I will delete or edit any posts advising girls to search out their content and send personal DMCA's to the sites/hosts. You may think yours is better information than mine, but I won't allow ACF to be a place to post that advice.

Chaturbate - Email dmca@chaturbate.com with direct links to the content and support will assist you with sending these notices.

MFC models: email your links to models@myfreecamsmail.com

Last edited:
MyFreeCams has created a new wiki page specifically about DMCA information pertaining to MFC streamed video caps.

http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/DMCA_In ... for_Models

There are a few remarkable sections of the new Wiki:

MFC Wiki said:
Content Ownership
In general, models broadcasting on MyFreeCams.com are the owner of their content and copyright. As part of the Model Agreement, models grant MFC a non-exclusive license to use this content on our website. However, as owners of the content and copyright, only models themselves have a right to submit a DMCA notice. Models may elect to temporarily grant MFC an exclusive license to their content so that we may send DMCA takedown notices for it.
Obviously you can see in the post above this, I described the copyright being owned by MFC, not the model. I'm looking into current copies of the model contract to see if they've changed anything about this, as previously we MFC girls believed we signed away the copyright to the content to MFC themselves. Either way, this is good news for girls who prefer to submit their own DMCA takedown requests.

Which leads us to the all important:

MFC Wiki said:
Including Personal Information
Keep in mind that DMCA notices you send are often made public record on sites such as https://www.chillingeffects.org/.
Therefore, to protect your privacy, we encourage you to not use your birth name or physical address, or your primary e-mail address, when sending a DMCA notice. You may instead use a legal alias and a new e-mail you create for this purpose.

Yet another reminder to NOT send your actual personal information when submitting a DMCA takedown request. I still believe it's best to have MFC take care of it for you, which, as noted in the section below, could also help with videos you record solely for MFC (not streamed):

MFC Wiki said:
MFC Sending Notices
In the DMCA section of your Model Admin you may use the License Transfer form to send us infringing material and we will send a DMCA notice for it.
Our DMCA notice will only list MFC's information and will not list any information of the model.
Non-Cam Content
MFC can only send DMCA notices for content that we own. Therefore, if you need to send a DMCA for images or videos that were not streamed on MFC, it is likely you need to do yourself or have a third-party service do it. The only exception would be images or videos created and used strictly for your MFC profile and nowhere else. In that case, you may use the same License Transfer form to ask us to send a DMCA notice for this content.

On their wiki they even list 3rd party companies you can look into to assist with your DMCA process if you so choose. I'm not quoting that here as I believe they're still in process of editing/adding to it.

So... there's that! :)

On a similar subject, I wanted to remind people of this: it's fine to mention sites that cause DMCA problems for the community, but posting direct links to these cap sites is not allowed. ACF doesn't need to be yet another place folks can go to easily access these sites.

Bumping this ages old thread to post a link to a very in-depth and helpful article about all things DMCA related!

Head to https://webcamstartup.com/dmca/ and read thoroughly if you're unaware of how things work.

Status
Not open for further replies.