AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Meta Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mila_

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 3, 2015
5 miles away
onlyfans.com
Twitter Username
@mmmilarky_
MFC Username
mila_
Chaturbate Username
mila_
For a while I was a hardcore Hearthstone player and while I left about a year ago, one of the things Hearthstone taught me was to pay attention to "the Meta" this is what would make or break your deck. You see, Hearthstone is a strategy game similar to MtG where you have to build a deck and then beat your opponent's deck. Each card has special powers so to speak that get activated when you play it.

The "Meta" for those who are unfamiliar with the term as I was when I first started playing can be summed up by... that which is happening on "the Ladder". "The Ladder" is the ranking where all players of the game are battling each other, the idea is to climb this ladder by beating your opponents. The Meta is the fads and fancies of the other players... that which is hot and popular. You must know the meta to craft a good deck so you can either follow the crowd by picking a popular deck (decks become popular for a reason) OR find a deck that can counter the current favorite so you can climb!

My idea with this thread is to do the same with the camworld. Models on MFC are on a true "ladder" that consists of Miss MFC and Chaturbate models are on a popularity ladder where registered viewers watching is the key to keep a good position on the homepage.

You probably have noticed that much like in Hearthstone, in camworld there are also fads that overtake the site by storm and my idea is that we can all try to document these fads so models can choose to GO ALONG with these fads or to find a way to COUNTER them and be different!

Fads in the Meta can be in the content or in the sales pitch, or even in both.

A few examples of popular fads in the past, out of the top of my head.

The Clear Chair Fad: this was a fad where models would do shows or shot content attaching a dildo to a clear plastic chair, the camera was positioned under the chair so you could see everything from a new perspective. To my delight it became wildly popular for a while with multiple shows of this kind going at the same time. The Clear Plastic Chair was one of those shows I found very pleasing but that didn't fit my style.

Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 19.33.13.png

The Phone Number Pitch: I credit this one to Brina_ but who knows who makes these fads right? anyway... she popularized the idea of selling her phone number to the single highest tip of the night back in.. hmmm.. I wanna say 2014. All of the sudden the entire site was doing phone number for HT and people would go nuts trying to get their favorite model's phone numbers. Eventually the strategy got overplayed and Brina had to fake dropping her phone in her bath tub to explain why she was wiping her contacts lmao

Screenshot 2018-12-26 at 19.37.03.png

Movie Nights: Also around 2014 MFC models started to open member rooms to hang out with their members once or twice a week, the upsides to these member rooms were there was no camscore so model could spend a bunch of time just hanging out. Movie nights are still a thing, some models would do it over at CamYou and others use Rabb.it, but it lost the wild appeal it once had.

I would love to hear what fads you have detected and how you see the meta changing as time goes by.

That "Little Pink Alien" that people call "Lush". ;) I know it's a huge money maker for many models. But, for myself (a member), the novelty wore off seeing models having very wild reactions to it even on the low setting of one token. Beyond that, the dynamic of the rooms of models who use them have changed too much. What used to be a fun, active room where members conversed with the model, playing tip wars, games, etc. to simply Lush focused really killed it and I no longer find enjoyment going to said model(s) rooms.

The Lush trend is still going strong and I think it will continue to do so next year. The big game changer is going to be HD streaming through OBS once MFC has sorted out all the problems with it. Seeing how creative people are in the community I am really excited to see what they will come up with.

I think the Lush has been good for models that what business but have trouble getting or maintaining 'regulars'. I think the Lush is double sided that overuse can lead to regular members going elsewhere due to slow erosion of all other activity in the room only leaving the model floundering around like she's being tasered.

I do see an upswing in use of OBS plugins on camsites and those having potential for more interactivity with models. You're seeing models using OBS plugins much like twitch streamers to record tip trains or high tippers or who controls the lush and who's qued to buy control next. I see as more plugins become available to models things like this increasing.

Agreed with OBS HD and what will come of it with models and their creativity. I think given that there's so many models out there, there's going to have to be some pretty creative ideas to set them apart.

That "Little Pink Alien" that people call "Lush". ;) I know it's a huge money maker for many models. But, for myself (a member), the novelty wore off seeing models having very wild reactions to it even on the low setting of one token. Beyond that, the dynamic of the rooms of models who use them have changed too much. What used to be a fun, active room where members conversed with the model, playing tip wars, games, etc. to simply Lush focused really killed it and I no longer find enjoyment going to said model(s) rooms.

I love how with the big boob women, only their upper body somehow vibrates and reacts to the lush, the rest of their body does not... not sure why that is lol

I love how with the big boob women, only their upper body somehow vibrates and reacts to the lush, the rest of their body does not... not sure why that is lol

You're on to something. ;)

Actually, I should say that I know one model who seems to have figured out a way to blend the lush with conversation. She tends to be more of a conversationalist, and doesn't stop talking and start thrashing about like a fish out of water when it goes off. Instead, she might stop and get a nice smile and close her eyes for a second or similar mild or subtle reaction. So, it can be done.

One thing I thought of is that there's a lot of models who do cosplay, and will play video games. There's a few who have commented on how they play tabletop RPG's such as D&D, WH4K, or the like off cam or in groups. Wonder if any have attempted to do a game like that?

Kind of love this thread!

The "meta" in domination in the past year has definitely been cuckolding, that has gotten so wildly popular lately. Have seen quite a rise in CEI the past few months, maybe that's the meta for 2019 domination.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_
I am seeing more flexibility on the part of non-nude models to show some nudity even in public chat. I was surprised to see this on MFC as well.. I hadn’t browsed MFC in a good year so finding models that were strictly non nude doing peeks and slips or even full topless moments was a shocker. I think the reason behind it is capping sites and pirated content. Almost every non-nude model has an explicit past. A few years ago it was still possible to keep some control over the old explicit content but this is becoming much harder.. both because of the sheer volume of it and he fact that the longer we cam the more people are interested in trading content. Fact is all a member has to do is google your name to find some clip of you naked so keeping it strictly non-nude on cam only encourages piracy and people looking up those clips. It is a better strategy in 2019 to show some nudity while still keeping it very tame but making sure the audience really enjoys themselves in your room than not showing anything at all. This is healthy as well since being strictly non-nude is a gimmick that is based on intrigue, sexual impulse and the fear of missing out. The second is a strategy that relies on making people fall in love with your room and the mood in it. Overall I am happy with the current state of the meta

Status
Not open for further replies.