AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Thinking of joining Stripchat and I know absolutely nothing about it, what are some common/important stripchat facts and patterns?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2023
Could be about anything! What's the culture like, the guys, rules. What I'm most interested in I think is WHAT TYPE OF MODELS SUCCEED MOST ON THERE? I've been so curious about stripchat "basics" and common knowledge because I've put off learning anything of stripchat since I'm used of all of the other common platforms- streamate, chaturbate, mfc, camsoda, manyvids, c4s and all that. Is stripchat bbw friendly? Do the customers tend to be respectful? Are they known to be assholes? Big or little tippers? I know everyone is different, but I'm so behind on the stripchat lore

For the rules on SC you can go to the support page under the model section and see the rules. They are basically the same as other sites with only a couple exceptions. Fisting is allowed, PEE, Poo, blood are not. Like any cam site there are always a few assholes around but for the most part guys there are the usual cam site SIMPS, There are some big tippers there as well. They are BBW friendly and some BBW's do well there. If you broadcast on more than one site you can try it and see but like any other site it takes time to build a following so don't expect to make a ton on day 1. The first thing you need to do to be successful on there is complete your profile, you can also see how in the model FAQ's on the site. Good luck.

Upvote 0
  • Hugs
Reactions: redsilk
Upvote 0
I am an experienced Stripchat user and generally it seems like it has a fairly similar dynamic to Chaturbate so I would imagine a lot of the same strategies will work

Generally I have observed that the models who do well do/keep in mind some of the following (none of it rocket science):

• Work a lot during your 2 weeks with the new tag and give your best that whole time, it is when you lock in a lot of followers and some regulars
  • Engage a lot with tippers. A lot of tippers come and go once. The models who do well have guys who come back again and again and a lot are looking for a connection beyond the visual
  • Post pictures/vids on the feed at least daily to remind people who great you are and keep them coming back
  • Make sure your tip menu has a range of tip values and do a little research about what to charge for various items
  • tip-enabled toys are popular. but consider customizing the lovense menu to stand out. For example, I see a lot of models do well having a reasonably prices (10-20 tokens) ultra high option instead of going with the default where you cannot tip an ultra high vibe until 301 tokens
  • A lot of users reflexively tip in 1-token increments. Consider how you want to handle it. You can either go with a 1 token short toy vibe or you can retrain users to some other standard
  • Set up your fan club from day 1 and consider how to differentiate the 3 levels
  • Post videos for sale often. You don't have to work harder, just use completed privates (edited if you want) as they become available. Also, post privates as fan club content so you at least have a little to convince users to join
  • Post some pictures on your profile from day 1, and especially have a couple where your face is visible for free (don't need to be explicit)

• Hugs
Reactions: redsilk
Upvote 0
For the rules on SC you can go to the support page under the model section and see the rules. They are basically the same as other sites with only a couple exceptions. Fisting is allowed, PEE, Poo, blood are not. Like any cam site there are always a few assholes around but for the most part guys there are the usual cam site SIMPS, There are some big tippers there as well. They are BBW friendly and some BBW's do well there. If you broadcast on more than one site you can try it and see but like any other site it takes time to build a following so don't expect to make a ton on day 1. The first thing you need to do to be successful on there is complete your profile, you can also see how in the model FAQ's on the

For the rules on SC you can go to the support page under the model section and see the rules. They are basically the same as other sites with only a couple exceptions. Fisting is allowed, PEE, Poo, blood are not. Like any cam site there are always a few assholes around but for the most part guys there are the usual cam site SIMPS, There are some big tippers there as well. They are BBW friendly and some BBW's do well there. If you broadcast on more than one site you can try it and see but like any other site it takes time to build a following so don't expect to make a ton on day 1. The first thing you need to do to be successful on there is complete your profile, you can also see how in the model FAQ's on the site. Good luck.
I'm always surprised when a site other than SM and CS are bbw friendly, probably just bc of my own insecurities about being bbw haha. I'm really glad that they are! Does stripchat tend to be more or less bbw friendly than flirt4free? I'm trying to make a list or the top bbw friendly cam sites and focus on those. I tried to force myself to do chaturbate for a long ass time and it is just not the site for me, I personally don't like it, and it is definitely a money maker for me lol. Right now I'm focusing all of my energy on camsoda and streamate (even though streamate is very ugh now), and then anything else bbw friendly. Though I have noticed stripchat have a major surge in popularity, so it got me interested as well!

Edit: oof, didn't mean to double quote

Upvote 0
I am an experienced Stripchat user and generally it seems like it has a fairly similar dynamic to Chaturbate so I would imagine a lot of the same strategies will work

Generally I have observed that the models who do well do/keep in mind some of the following (none of it rocket science):

• Work a lot during your 2 weeks with the new tag and give your best that whole time, it is when you lock in a lot of followers and some regulars
  • Engage a lot with tippers. A lot of tippers come and go once. The models who do well have guys who come back again and again and a lot are looking for a connection beyond the visual
  • Post pictures/vids on the feed at least daily to remind people who great you are and keep them coming back
  • Make sure your tip menu has a range of tip values and do a little research about what to charge for various items
  • tip-enabled toys are popular. but consider customizing the lovense menu to stand out. For example, I see a lot of models do well having a reasonably prices (10-20 tokens) ultra high option instead of going with the default where you cannot tip an ultra high vibe until 301 tokens
  • A lot of users reflexively tip in 1-token increments. Consider how you want to handle it. You can either go with a 1 token short toy vibe or you can retrain users to some other standard
  • Set up your fan club from day 1 and consider how to differentiate the 3 levels
  • Post videos for sale often. You don't have to work harder, just use completed privates (edited if you want) as they become available. Also, post privates as fan club content so you at least have a little to convince users to join
  • Post some pictures on your profile from day 1, and especially have a couple where your face is visible for free (don't need to be explicit)
The first thing one needs to do on SC is complete their profile .. this should be done before starting to broadcast ... minimum of 5 photos in the "public" album and one short video for free to the public minimum.You cannot activate your fan club until you have 1000 followers so no need to set it up immediately. Saving recordings of your private shows and using them as fan club content is a good way to do that. Selling videos is ok but not many buy them on SC. Using lovense toys is an attraction but you need to have the level menu set up well or it is useless.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The first thing one needs to do on SC is complete their profile .. this should be done before starting to broadcast ... minimum of 5 photos in the "public" album and one short video for free to the public minimum.You cannot activate your fan club until you have 1000 followers so no need to set it up immediately. Saving recordings of your private shows and using them as fan club content is a good way to do that. Selling videos is ok but not many buy them on SC. Using lovense toys is an attraction but you need to have the level menu set up well or it is useless.
You can set up the fan club from day 1. It is a recent change

Also, I would disagree that Stripchat users don’t buy content

Reactions: deltaepsilon
Upvote 0
You can set up the fan club from day 1. It is a recent change

Also, I would disagree that Stripchat users don’t buy content
Ahh ... a new change ... I really don't see what good it will do if you have no one on your page and no content but yay...lol ... I also only knight for black models on CB and SC and the amount of vids that they sell is minimal.

Upvote 0
what has that go to do with how many videos they sell?

It sounds like he’s saying that he thinks Black models struggle a bit more to make any video sales. But I’m not sure…. I can’t tell if that’s what he meant. I don’t wanna put words in his mouth.

Reactions: kittylickin
Upvote 0
It sounds like he’s saying that he thinks Black models struggle a bit more to make any video sales. But I’m not sure…. I can’t tell if that’s what he meant. I don’t wanna put words in his mouth.
yeah, to make that claim presumably he has looked at the data of around 9000 models that I think are on stripchat, grouped them by ethnicity and correlaated the sales of videos to ethnicity, this study must have been done over a substantial period of time to smooth out any anomalies and seasonality. I'm sure he has done this and not just eyeballed what he thinks are the sales for the models he is knight and moderator for.

Reactions: Ozzie_ and ElGato
Upvote 0
yeah, to make that claim presumably he has looked at the data of around 9000 models that I think are on stripchat, grouped them by ethnicity and correlaated the sales of videos to ethnicity, this study must have been done over a substantial period of time to smooth out any anomalies and seasonality. I'm sure he has done this and not just eyeballed what he thinks are the sales for the models he is knight and moderator for.
If you pay attention to the "top model" page on SC you will notice over the past coup0le years there has only been one black female model in the top 100. It is more difficult for them and just wanted to be clear that is where my perspective comes from about the video sales thing. I am one of the knights for that black female model that made it into the top 100

• Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Hey @redsilk

Our platform is definitely BBW-friendly; this category is popular and successful. 🥰

Should you decide to open an account on our site and/or have further queries, please do not hesitate to reach out to me, and I would be more than happy to assist in any way I can.

Reactions: Wuggie
Upvote 0
I love S.C. Setting up the goals and tip menu are so easy as are removing and adding new ones. I used to do C.B many years ago and found removing goals and adding new ones a nightmare. It might have changed now though. I have a loyal following on S.C, they are not big tippers but tip regularly and join in the chat. As for rules, no matter what site you're on they all have them and you have to follow them. It gets on my nerves when you see models bending the rules. I have a fan club but to be honest I'm really sloppy when it comes to adding new content. (I'm really busy off cam so don't have much free time) but from what my fan club members tell me the 100 tokens a month they spend on the fan club is not so much for the content but their way of supporting me. I have tried many sites in the past and I'm so comfortable with everything about S.C. I don't know about BBW or any other category but I think if you're happy , relaxed, friendly and have a varied but reasonably priced tip menu, no matter what category you come under you'll do well.

Upvote 0
I love S.C. Setting up the goals and tip menu are so easy as are removing and adding new ones. I used to do C.B many years ago and found removing goals and adding new ones a nightmare. It might have changed now though. I have a loyal following on S.C, they are not big tippers but tip regularly and join in the chat. As for rules, no matter what site you're on they all have them and you have to follow them. It gets on my nerves when you see models bending the rules. I have a fan club but to be honest I'm really sloppy when it comes to adding new content. (I'm really busy off cam so don't have much free time) but from what my fan club members tell me the 100 tokens a month they spend on the fan club is not so much for the content but their way of supporting me. I have tried many sites in the past and I'm so comfortable with everything about S.C. I don't know about BBW or any other category but I think if you're happy , relaxed, friendly and have a varied but reasonably priced tip menu, no matter what category you come under you'll do well.
Chaturbate revamped their apps. Changing goals on the fly is a simple thing now when using a V2 app.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.