AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips on Tipping

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, this is my first post here. I have been a member of MFC for 7 years.

I have recently had the last of my established base of model friends stop camming and have been on the search for new models. My old models friends I had a very supportive relationship with (I have a lot of time off during the summer and also suffer chronic insomnia so I find myself online a lot during evening /night or day time when I'm bored) and I have the repeat habit of spending all the tokens I had all at once. Most of the rest of the time it was friendly conversation to try to help keep them from being bored during slow times. Never got any complaints from any of the old models about this.

I am now about six month into my search for new models and have found a few that I have started to establish ok relationships with for about the last 4 months. I now have the issue of being asked when I am going to tip again even though I have kind of established that I buy tokens once every 2 weeks. I do not tell them this but its generally 4000 every two weeks, double that on occasions and very rarely less than that.

Last time I tipped, after being confronted about how often I tip the previous week, I asked the model I spend the most time with if she wanted them all at once or spread out. Obviously and not surprisingly she wanted all of them at once, fine with me. Now a couple of days have passed and I am being asked when I am going to tip again. Should I stop tipping all at once since I spend hours online at a time and spread it out? Or is this a model issue and I should continue my search for someone more appreciative of my time and tokens? I have the feeling this is going to become something that happens more often and would like a second opinion

I am not on your site but a different type of site / streamate and as a model I prefer to be tipped at least a little every time someone wants to interact with me that day. But my site operates differently and Im sure encourages my thoughts.

Ew, this is a thing? For models to ask a currently tipping member "So when is the next time you'll be able to tip me?" Yikes. But no pressure, right? Lol. Yes, I'd say find someone more appreciative of your time and tokens.

For me, if you tipping larger amounts means that I won't see you as often, then no, I'd rather you tip smaller amounts and visit me more often. We're there to earn tokens, yes, but it's also important to me to have members in the room who will actually make conversation with me for longer than just 30 seconds. There are very few people on MFC these days who I can count on to both tip AND stick around to make conversation.

Last edited:
Ew, this is a thing? For models to ask a currently tipping member "So when is the next time you'll be able to tip me?" Yikes. But no pressure, right? Lol. Yes, I'd say find someone more appreciative of your time and tokens.

For me, if you tipping larger amounts means that I won't see you as often, then no, I'd rather you tip smaller amounts and visit me more often. We're there to earn tokens, yes, but it's also important to me to have members in the room who will actually make conversation with me for longer than just 30 seconds. There are very few people on MFC these days who I can count on to both tip AND stick around to make conversation.
Thank you. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the way I was going about this. I will definitely be going to find someone more appreciative of my tips and my time.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Or is this a model issue and I should continue my search for someone more appreciative of my time and tokens?
This, yes.
Find a model who is a little more pro and concentrate to the product she sells and won't discuss your way of tipping. Also don't engage a discussion on it unless you know her very well, it's always better to not speak of money in a room.
*In my opinion* it's better to spread you budget in little tips, to maintain a presence and keep a show living, and if you prefer it should not be a problem for her if you put 'all in' and see. This should be up to you.
Think also that when you have no more tokens, you'll be tempted to buy more, and more than you can (and this is surely what she expected) ... but it's only an opinion.

Arguments like 'I need money' or 'I have to pay my rent' has never been a selling argument. In any profession, we never speak much of money but concentrate on products, techs and services quality. Money talking comes ofc, but at the very end when signing a contract, or else with clearly displayed prices in front of the shop.

(though, ok, in some cultures, price negotiation is a kind of social politeness and at the center of a commercial relationship... Here, it would be almost insulting to not speak of money all during the relation, but this is rare to encounter around high tech services ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.