AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Unsolicited Tips

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2017
Southeastern USA
Last night I was in a fairly new'ish models room when some drama erupted over a 3 week old tip...

Basically, a few weeks ago a member sent this model a 1000 token tip with a tip note asking her to have something specific put on one of her nails( I think he wanted her to put his initials on one of her nails) the next time she had her nails done. She gets her nails done weekly, and after 3 weeks of seeing new nails without the requested feature, the member called her out in public chat and made a huge stink about it in her room calling her a scammer and a liar and threatened to report her. She promptly banned him after a few minutes of this nonsense, but she did explain to the rest of the members what had happened...well...at least we were told her side of the story. Some of the members began speculating about whether or not she was indeed scamming the guy, because the guy in question had been a great member in her room prior to this.

If something is in a "tip menu" then I would assume that a member would be making a "purchase" and that a model would be obligated to perform the requested act. But then again, I've also seen instances where the "tip menu" act could not be fulfilled because the model was on her period..or some other issue prevented her from doing the requested action.

The model in question made it appear as if this was an unsolicited 1000 token tip, and that she was under no obligation to fulfill the tip note request to have her nails done a certain way. If true, then I would agree. But part of me also feels like this guy just wouldn't send 1000 tokens out of the blue unless some type of an agreement had been made.

How many models here have received unsolicited tips asking for something that you didn't want to do? Do you feel compelled to give the tokens back in such a case? Or would that even be a consideration if it was even possible?

Is it on her tip menu?
Because unless it's something she offers or something they discuss beforehand, she's not obligated to do anything. If someone sent me a surprise 1000 tk offline tip with nail instructions I wouldn't do it. I always spend over the equivalent of 2000tk at the nail salon. That's like those guys who tip 5tk and say "show asshole bb" lol niiiiice try and thanks for the token love, but no. I would, however, offer him something else for his 1000tk.

Anyone tipping without actually discussing what they want from a model and having an agreement is tipping at their own risk, should consider those tokens gone & isn't respecting boundaries so no, I consider the tip a regular tip & don't feel compelled to return it. If they're nice about it I'd consider giving them something like videos or pics etc-- also unless someone is verified on a site like Chaturbate the possibility of returning tokens isn't even possible on a models side unless the member contacts support for a refund and even then what are they gonna do "I gave this model money to do something she didn't agree to, can I have it back?" lol.

It's important to note that while yes there are 2 sides to every story, plenty of room regulars who seem nice and awesome in freechat with other members can be a complete mindfuck in their own private interactions with a model. However, If she did agree to it and didn't do it--that's very shitty of the model and he would have grounds to try and get a refund from support.

Is it on her tip menu?
Because unless it's something she offers or something they discuss beforehand, she's not obligated to do anything. If someone sent me a surprise 1000 tk offline tip with nail instructions I wouldn't do it. I always spend over the equivalent of 2000tk at the nail salon. That's like those guys who tip 5tk and say "show asshole bb" lol niiiiice try and thanks for the token love, but no. I would, however, offer him something else for his 1000tk.
No, a "nail request" or anything similar is not in her tip menu.

How many models here have received unsolicited tips asking for something that you didn't want to do?
All the time.
Do you feel compelled to give the tokens back in such a case?
Nope.
Or would that even be a consideration if it was even possible?
Nah. If you don't verify that something you'd like to pay for is something I am down with, that's on you. If it's a member I have rapport with and enjoy, I would consider offering something in line with what I do. If they are some random person trying to control me with money, lol nooo you get nothing.

It's IDIOTIC and insulting when men think that just because they gave a large tip for something (not on the tip menu...not cleared with the model first), that we automatically have to do it. A site like MyFreeCams (that, imo, actually has the models' backs) would probably LOL at this dude trying to "report" her. Lol. A guy on MFC once foolishly tipped me 1,500 tokens, talking about he wanted a cum show. He ASSumed that just because lots of other MFC models do cum shows in public chat, that I'd do the same. I informed him that no, I don't do shows like that out in the open public chat...only in PRIVATE. Now when a member does something like this, even though it's really his own damn fault for ASSuming, I'll count his tokens towards something so that he is still getting something. It could go towards me getting naked with oil...or give him a custom video or something, if that's what he'd prefer. I'm not giving his tokens back just because he decided to be stupid and ASSume.

The same goes for tipping a model for a custom video, even if she does have it listed that she offers them. DON'T tip for that until you've gotten her to agree to all of the details of what you want in a custom video. Otherwise it's your own fault for jumping the gun, and no, it does not make her a scammer for not doing it...when she didn't agree to it in the first place. Lol.

Last night I was in a fairly new'ish models room when some drama erupted over a 3 week old tip...

Basically, a few weeks ago a member sent this model a 1000 token tip with a tip note asking her to have something specific put on one of her nails( I think he wanted her to put his initials on one of her nails) the next time she had her nails done. She gets her nails done weekly, and after 3 weeks of seeing new nails without the requested feature, the member called her out in public chat and made a huge stink about it in her room calling her a scammer and a liar and threatened to report her. She promptly banned him after a few minutes of this nonsense, but she did explain to the rest of the members what had happened...well...at least we were told her side of the story. Some of the members began speculating about whether or not she was indeed scamming the guy, because the guy in question had been a great member in her room prior to this.

If something is in a "tip menu" then I would assume that a member would be making a "purchase" and that a model would be obligated to perform the requested act. But then again, I've also seen instances where the "tip menu" act could not be fulfilled because the model was on her period..or some other issue prevented her from doing the requested action.

The model in question made it appear as if this was an unsolicited 1000 token tip, and that she was under no obligation to fulfill the tip note request to have her nails done a certain way. If true, then I would agree. But part of me also feels like this guy just wouldn't send 1000 tokens out of the blue unless some type of an agreement had been made.

Sometimes even the guy who's been "a great member in the room" (from your perspective) can eventually become a problem for the model. I think there are members who believe that since they've been a regular and a good spender for so long, that the model shouldn't mind further requests coming from him...such as putting his name (or initials) on her body, etc. And that's when he makes the foolish mistake of assuming she'll be fine with it, and then tipping for it. Then quick to cry "Scammer! Scammer!" when he doesn't get his way.

Also we don't know what goes on between the member and model behind closed doors. He could be one of those exhausting members who PMs a model to death when she's trying to cam, or sending paragraphs and paragraphs of PMs to her after she's gone off cam for the night, and trying to politely make a quick exit. You guys didn't witness her tell this member "Yes, I will put your initials on one of my nails." And even if he did put that request in a tip note, none of you actually heard her tell him "Yes, I will do it." Tip note requests don't have to be granted, no matter how large the tip.

I've seen a cam site member go from being a friendly, big tipper on my friends list.....to straight up harassing (Had to block him on my phone and on MFC). And the reason for this? He was furious that my "Happy Birthday" phone call to him wasn't going to happen early in the morning. :facepalm: Me even offering a birthday phone call in the first place wasn't good enough for him. Nope, it just HAD to be early in the morning, otherwise I'm "a liar...and my kid should be ashamed that I'm a whore who gets naked for money." Lol.

That is just one example of stuff that happens between a member and model behind closed doors. So of course other MFC members, who've only seen this guy give big tips and compliment me, will think "Wow, he's so good to her!"

How many models here have received unsolicited tips asking for something that you didn't want to do? Do you feel compelled to give the tokens back in such a case? Or would that even be a consideration if it was even possible?
some men think they can throw money at our face and we are obligated to do it, especially if it's high amounts. I could request the site to refund the member, but fuck their exploitive ass. thanks for the tip ;)

$50 to be branded w/ someone's initials for a week? NAW MAN.

How many models here have received unsolicited tips asking for something that you didn't want to do?
All the time.
Do you feel compelled to give the tokens back in such a case?
Depends on the person, and the amount, mostly no. Time is money and assisting someone w a return because of their own impulsivity and lack of ability to think a plan of action through, takes time. Often the people that want a model to do that spent like $2. I'd be losing something valuable, by being taken away from others, to help them with that. I don't always concentrate and plan the best every waking minute of the day either, but you live you learn. They need to learn how to use the cam site properly, as well as cam etiquette. I can't always hold everyone's hand while they do that, I have bills to pay.

Unsolicited tips happen quite often. Members are better off asking first what they want before tipping. Otherwise I consider random tips as an appreciation and thank them.

A member tipping beforehand, stating their demand, and expecting a model to honor that is incredibly naive. They can be upset all they want.

It’s kind of like those members who tip (not on the menu) and ask, “what are you going to do for your big tipper”. Ummm well “big spender”, I’m going to block you and sleep well knowing that I drained your wallet just that much only to disappoint and upset you that you can’t get what you want without asking first. Dumbass 😇

Do I feel compelled to give that money back? Nope.

HOWEVER, if I committed and accepted that request that was not on the tip menu, then I’ll do my best to follow through. If I am unable to fulfill the initial request, I’ll negotiate an alternative or refund them.

If it is in the tip menu than ok, it's something you "bought". Same principal as in a store, you see something you can buy, you get it if you pay. If you don't see it and want something you can ask but that does not mean you will get it. Reminds me once, in a models room, i saw in her tipmenu "for new lingerie". So i asked her, if i tip for it, that i could choose the lingerie she was about to buy. She agreed and on the day when she went shopping she sent me a few options. I chose and indeed, the next day she was wearing the lingerie that i chose , in her room. That is very nice of her but even if she did not sent me the photos, it would be great either way for me. She did fulfill the sale.
In the case of the OP, if the model agreed with the purchase than i can only say, execute it or give a refund. If the buyer has the proof, when it is on the chat, than the model has no argument to not fulfill. If something like this would happen to me, i would start a complaint. It's just a natural mechanism of buying and sales. It's important that this mechanism is respected, else this kind of work is endangered and no trust can be given anymore.

I had a very good member, he gave me many tokens, and he took me in private every day, about 1-2 weeks, then the breaks became longer and longer, and he started to give me less and less, although I saw him at another model in the room spending a lot. I don't mind, I know that's what most members do, but he started coming back to me and asking me for all sorts of things for 100-200 tokens, with the concept that "I've given you a bunch of tokens in the past." I explained to him that for those tokens, he also received for what he gave me. Then it disappeared completely, but it still had my number because it had bought my whatsapp. Suddenly he started calling me at night, asking me how I was doing. I blocked it, and goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.