AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

We're Portland premiering Cam GIRLZ on 4/22! Come Join!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2013
We will be in Portland premiering Cam GIRLZ on 4/22!** Come join us Portland!!!
RSVP for FREE tickets here:http://portlandcamgirlzscreening.splashthat.com

When: 4/22
Doors Open: 7:30 PM
Where: Clinton Street Theater
Address: 2522 Southeast Clinton Street

**following the screening there will be a MEET AND MINGLE.

Please spread the word to any cam model friends you know in Portland. Or just friends! We hope you can come too!

******If you're able to attend please email me at camgirlzthemovie@gmail.com or DM us on Twitter @camgirlzdoc if you'd be comfortable to be listed as *in attendance* on the invite.

Ps. Check out the other cities on the tour: camgirlzdoc.com. If we're not coming to your city and you would like to see the film please use promocode ACForum50 for 50% off the rental or download of the movie at Vimeo.com/ondemand/camgirlz. I hope that these screenings are just the beginning and we can come to more cities!

Feel free to retweet on twitter too! @camgirlzdoc :h:

Cassie Greener | Producer

Just watched the trailer

The tone seems almost sinister, the dark lighting and music

Makes it all look quite seedy.

Was that an intentional thing or am I just interpreting it wrong

The movie itself doesn't come off sinister or seedy at all. I think some of the lighting and cinematography emphasizes the fact that models are letting folks into traditionally private spaces, but does so very warmly. You can find reviews scattered around the forum, particularly this thread. I think the general consensus has been 1) it's a beautiful film 2) it maybe portrays the life of a model a touch too positively and 3) it seemed a little one-sided in describing members. Overall it's been very well liked, and I would personally strongly recommend renting/buying/going to see it.

ramblin said:
The movie itself doesn't come off sinister or seedy at all.

Do you think the trailer matched the documentary?

Maybe I will watch it and make an audio review of it.

MFCGod said:
Do you think the trailer matched the documentary?
There are several trailers out, but I'll assume you're talking about the one embedded in the page linked in the OP.

I'd say that the trailer honestly reflects the film, but it condenses the tone and the mood, thus amplifying it to the point that you're finding it sinister and seedy. Sean and the Very Ape crew tend to be attracted to the corners of society that don't get a lot of light shined on them, and I think it's fair to say that Cam Girlz is somewhat tailored to an audience that comes into the film with negative preconceptions of the job / life. The end result though, is caring, honest, and beautiful. If you're still too skeptical to pay to watch it, there are several free films on his site, http://veryapeproductions.com/ that you can watch first to get a sense of the way he sees and captures the world. Personally, I found both Oxyana and Cam Girlz well worth the asking price.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Status
Not open for further replies.