AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What did you make in the first month of your cam career?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2020
www.onlyfans.com
Chaturbate Username
hotindiana25
Sorry if this is an intrusive question - but I'd like to understand the potential of what's out there. I started camming on CB around mid April 2020. I work an average of about 5 hours a day and make $100 on average. Of course some days are better and some aren't. My average viewer count at any given point is 80-150 viewers. I've been trying to understand more about the work, various other streaming sites etc on this forum and I understand that many models don't prefer token sites. I've only just created a Streamate and I'll test the waters there. But at the moment I feel like $100 isn't enough for 5 hours' work. It just feels like a lot of effort on some days - which of course I understand is part of the job. What do you think? Am I jumping the gun here and expecting too much too soon? Thank you!

I'm coming from an MFC perspective, but on MFC, $20/hr means you're doing pretty well. That whole "camming is easy/fast money" thing is a myth. The majority of girls on MFC are making less than that.

I think I started out somewhere around there and then started making less and less money for several months before it started to go back up. At least on MFC, there's often a dip in camscore/income after your new status wears off.

It sounds like you're doing just fine, imo.

During my first months, which were right before starting uni I look back and I made shit lol, but considering I was unemployed and everything it was good money for my personal costs. The good thing is that I've made a few regulars, which in the end is the most important, I still remember them.

The amount I made my first month isn't relevant anymore because times are very different in the cam world now.

But
but on MFC, $20/hr means you're doing pretty well. That whole "camming is easy/fast money" thing is a myth.
I'll definitely second this comment.

Sorry if this is an intrusive question - but I'd like to understand the potential of what's out there. I started camming on CB around mid April 2020. I work an average of about 5 hours a day and make $100 on average. Of course some days are better and some aren't. My average viewer count at any given point is 80-150 viewers. I've been trying to understand more about the work, various other streaming sites etc on this forum and I understand that many models don't prefer token sites. I've only just created a Streamate and I'll test the waters there. But at the moment I feel like $100 isn't enough for 5 hours' work. It just feels like a lot of effort on some days - which of course I understand is part of the job. What do you think? Am I jumping the gun here and expecting too much too soon? Thank you!
I’ve been camming for 3.5 years on Streamate. I tried Chaturbate for a couple months before that, but I didn’t like it. I would say that when I first started Streamate, I would average about $50-$75/hr on cam(not just in private). Now I average around $115-$135/hr. If you’re comfortable with one on one, I’d say Streamate is a much better site. You don’t have to constantly think about creative shows to do, you don’t have to deal with nearly as many, if any, trolls, nobody is gonna see anything for free, and you’ll likely make more money. Oh, and you don’t have to do any self promotion if you don’t want to, or don’t have time(I have 3 kids, so I can’t spend hours on Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, making onlyfans content, etc. we’re actually not allowed to share any of our social media information on the site, but we can direct followers from social media to Streamate. I make about $120k/year working 18-20 hours a week now. I love Streamate. Overall, the guys are very nice, and you can make real, human connections with dedicated followers.

I will add that when I worked on CB, I only did couples shows with my husband, and we only did them for about two months, but we’d bring in about $750/week.

I’ve been camming for 3.5 years on Streamate. I tried Chaturbate for a couple months before that, but I didn’t like it. I would say that when I first started Streamate, I would average about $50-$75/hr on cam(not just in private). Now I average around $115-$135/hr. If you’re comfortable with one on one, I’d say Streamate is a much better site. You don’t have to constantly think about creative shows to do, you don’t have to deal with nearly as many, if any, trolls, nobody is gonna see anything for free, and you’ll likely make more money. Oh, and you don’t have to do any self promotion if you don’t want to, or don’t have time(I have 3 kids, so I can’t spend hours on Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, making onlyfans content, etc. we’re actually not allowed to share any of our social media information on the site, but we can direct followers from social media to Streamate. I make about $120k/year working 18-20 hours a week now. I love Streamate. Overall, the guys are very nice, and you can make real, human connections with dedicated followers.

Interesting! I signed up for SM as my very first site but have been on MFC almost exclusively my first month and a half or so. My internet and computer were both too poor to utilize SM well in the beginning. This post has me thinking I'm going to try to invest more of my time and attention on SM now that I've upgraded those things. I do $50-$75 per hour on MFC but it's honestly exhausting and I can only manage spurts of 1-3 hours like 2x/wk week or so haha

Interesting! I signed up for SM as my very first site but have been on MFC almost exclusively my first month and a half or so. My internet and computer were both too poor to utilize SM well in the beginning. This post has me thinking I'm going to try to invest more of my time and attention on SM now that I've upgraded those things. I do $50-$75 per hour on MFC but it's honestly exhausting and I can only manage spurts of 1-3 hours like 2x/wk week or so haha
Yeah, you need a really good setup for SM. I have a gaming laptop, the fastest internet available, and really good lighting. Those factors, along with my ratings and maybe my average earnings, make it so I’m always in the top three rows when I’m online. I’ve never used MFC, so I’m not sure how it compares to chaturbate or Streamate, as far as how much it takes out of you, but I’m typically able to do 4-5 hour shifts, no problem. I’m 36 with 3 kids and a husband as well, which definitely adds to my level of exhaustion, but also motivates me to make more money. Honestly, work is the only time I get to interact with anyone outside my family, so it kind of feels like a break to me. There have been plenty of times where I’ve done 7-8 hour shifts, if I wanted to take an extra day off or was trying to meet a specific goal. I still never go over 20 hours a week online though. I don’t know how the Bucharest studio models do it. I’ve watched videos about the studios there, and how they work 40 hours a week, like a regular 9-5 job. I’d be so exhausted. Or the models who always win the contests. They must be online 12 hours a day in order to place in the top 5. I’ve never worried about contests. I usually place, but not high. I have a monetary goal that I set, and I’m happy with that. Work/life balance is one of the biggest benefits of camming, IMO.

I remember that my first days in front of a webcam were difficult, at the beginning I only dared to flirt with men but we didn't get any further, I tried to look in sexy clothes but I didn't use to get naked, when I saw that there was a lot of competition and that I needed to earn money I started doing nudes and little by little I started the shows in private with clients who asked me all kinds of things. If I wanted to make money I had to leave the shame

Status
Not open for further replies.