AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do YOU consider a lower camscore? (Models and Members)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What do YOU consider a lower camscore? (Models and Membe

Just my 2 cents:

For me a low camscore would be below 1000, I guess when you are on page 1 you should be OK, at least you are mostly in the top 25 % of all models .....

about my browsing habits: I have a favorite models where I spent most of my time, some times I look around and that means I work my way through all the pages , mostly about 4-5 and find on oocasion a new gem in the rough, last time actually a girl with a camscore of 100, added her to my friend list....

In total the camscore order works for me, but from time to time it is worth to check the lower camscore girls...

:)

Reactions: Gen

I might have what some, actually MOST (according to this thread) of you consider a low, pitiable cam score.
Good thing I have my friends, fans, and regulars who like me for ME or I might tend to care.
Keep on keepin' on.
Regards,
Sunny

VeronicaChaos said:
Logically we know that a single member can "make" a girl's camscore. It happens all the time with whales. Some of it is luck, and being on at the right time when the right member happens to see you. We know that just because one girl has a higher camscore that it might simply be the opinion of one person we don't even know, let alone value the opinion of, that has made it that way.
I agree with all of what VC has said, I have quoted what I have because I think it is the number one thing new Models need to try to remember when they start feeling discouraged. It can be the difference that makes things much better, and the lack of any luck can make things feel like you are doing something wrong, when it is just plan poor luck. IMhO.

Here's what I consider:

Insane - Over 18,000
High/awesome - 8000 to 17,999
Great - 4000 to 7999
Good - 1500 to 3999
Low - 700 to 1499
Too low - under 700

I say "too low" because I personally would never do this job for less than $20/hour. 1000 camscore is just about $19-$20 per hour gross. Before any taxes are paid, before any expenses are accounted for. That's not a lot of in-pocket pay for putting yourself out there in such a vulnerable way.

I probably wouldn't continue camming if I slipped below the "good" range. Because I think that I'd at least be needing to make "good" hourly income to justify the risk that this job comes with, and the emotional toll it can take at times.

camstory said:
VeronicaChaos said:
Logically we know that a single member can "make" a girl's camscore. It happens all the time with whales. Some of it is luck, and being on at the right time when the right member happens to see you. We know that just because one girl has a higher camscore that it might simply be the opinion of one person we don't even know, let alone value the opinion of, that has made it that way.
I agree with all of what VC has said, I have quoted what I have because I think it is the number one thing new Models need to try to remember when they start feeling discouraged. It can be the difference that makes things much better, and the lack of any luck can make things feel like you are doing something wrong, when it is just plan poor luck. IMhO.

I found all of my favorite models on days I was just randomly hopping around, with no clear idea of what I needed or even wanted. Luck can be so important for members and models.

Shaun__ said:
camstory said:
VeronicaChaos said:

I found all of my favorite models on days I was just randomly hopping around, with no clear idea of what I needed or even wanted. Luck can be so important for members and models.
I still get so many established members (i.e. they've been around for at least a year and have at least a handful of RP to prove they participate) that come in my room and say something to the tune of "whoa, how have I not seen you before?" even though I've always maintained more than a 7000 (and usually closer to 10,000) camscore. So it just goes to show, even girls who are always in the top few rows can be missed by people who are looking for a fun chick to enjoy.

Sunny_Hairpie said:
I might have what some, actually MOST (according to this thread) of you consider a low, pitiable cam score.
Good thing I have my friends, fans, and regulars who like me for ME or I might tend to care.
Keep on keepin' on.
Regards,
Sunny

I don't think anyone has implied that any scores are "pitiable" or that a girl with your score is a bad camgirl. I feel like you've taken offense where offense shouldn't be taken. :/

@Amber: I like your chart. :)

According to the responses to the OP, there are girls who apparently think "ouch" when they read my camscore, and others that think if Im not earning some sort of "minimum" that I'm compromising my life somehow. I'm only going by what was put out in the thread. Your mileage may vary.
Regards,
Sunny

Sunny_Hairpie said:
According to the responses to the OP, there are girls who apparently think "ouch" when they read my camscore, and others that think if Im not earning some sort of "minimum" that I'm compromising my life somehow. I'm only going by what was put out in the thread. Your mileage may vary.
Regards,
Sunny

My camscore is even less than yours, not even 400. I don't think 'ouch' when I see people with low scores, and I don't assume anyone is judging me as a person or 'doesn't like me for ME' simply because of that. Most of the people here want to help, not judge negatively. No one suggested you or I are compromising our lives somehow just by having low camscores. I've been getting advice on how to raise mine recently and have gotten nothing but positive and encouraging responses. :)

I never said I was offended by any previous posts. I just stated my opinion, as as did others. I did respond to some posts with my opinion to their perceptions.
Not sure where anyone got that I was suddenly judging the helpfulness of the forum.
Keep on Keepin' on :)
Regards,
Sunny

UncleThursday said:
I've found the model with the lowest camscore (stays around 250-ish) that I talk to has her score not because she's a 'bad' model, nor that she is ugly or anything (she's quite hot)... but because she works at least one other site while she is on MFC. So, she is very often set to away while she is in private on the other site. Another model I have known for as long as I have been a member on the site fluctuates, wildly. She's gone as low as 500 or so camscore, and she's pretty much at her highest I've ever seen her, now, at almost 2900. Where she will be in a few months is anyone's guess.

I agree that a good chunk of the models with those lower scores are ones who are multiple sites at once and lose room counts and therefore tips when they need to go to away status on MFC.

A few weeks back I stumbled onto the chat room of a very engaging and good looking new model, who was camming simultaneously on MFC, livejasmin and cams.com. The "problem" she seemed to be having was that with her new model status at livejasmin, she was getting a lot of shorter privates, and while she could go into nude chats on cams.com, she had go to away status on MFC. That drove away a lot of people, and the livejasmin private notification sound (I think it was for that site) was starting to become a sort of Pavlovian arousal-killer. Of course she was making money off of the other sites, but her cam score on MFC tanked. Now that she doesn't have new model status on any of the sites, she has fewer privates on them and her MFC cam score is around 500. As with any business, luck must play a role in a model's success, but I imagine her score would be higher if she had only been on MFC during that time or if she had waited to start one of the sites until her new model status at one or two expired.

MFC used to offer the "away private" and claims to have gotten rid of it because it was supposedly hurting models' cam scores and earnings. But situations like this make me doubt that. For models camming on multiple sites right now, the alternative to a giving a free show on MFC is setting to away and needing to slowly rebuild a room count.

Reactions: UncleThursday

I don't really pay much attention to camscores, BUT they do impact which models I see, because my settings only have 100 models on the first page, which means I am pretty much never going to see any models with a camscore below 2,000.

Reactions: SexySteph

Using a format similar to Amber's

Insane - Over 10,000
High/Awesome - 5000 to 10,000
Doing-Well/Great - 3000 to 5000
Live-able/Good - 1300 to 3000
Low - 700 to 1300
Too low - under 700

My camscore is currently in the 2300's But I honestly normally (nowadays) hover at 2000. My goal for the year (back when we all kinda made out goals in Dec. Was to maintain a score higher then 1300 the entire year! This is still my goal..however to be frank--I think that if i get to the point where I am lower then that for a month or longer--I will prob look elsewhere for work.

Reactions: JessicaWolf

curvyredhead said:
Using a format similar to Amber's

Insane - Over 10,000
High/Awesome - 5000 to 10,000
Doing-Well/Great - 3000 to 5000
Live-able/Good - 1300 to 3000
Low - 700 to 1300
Too low - under 700

My camscore is currently in the 2300's But I honestly normally (nowadays) hover at 2000. My goal for the year (back when we all kinda made out goals in Dec. Was to maintain a score higher then 1300 the entire year! This is still my goal..however to be frank--I think that if i get to the point where I am lower then that for a month or longer--I will prob look elsewhere for work.

I completely agree with this system as well! In a more general sense I consider anything under 2000 to be relatively low, but this may just be by my own standards since I seem to hover around 2400. I think camscore categorizing is really a relative thing though and hard to define to an extent, because technically the average is only 800/900 or something, so going by that on a more technical level, I guess anything under 800/900 is considered low.

i saw a model with 87 camscore

(a model that i consider to be a good source of information told me anything over 1000 is a good camscore)

southsamurai said:
well, for me i would call it "low" if under the 2 k mark. sad if under 800.anything between those i guess would be "lower"

the 2k to 3 k range i would call survivable lol. over 3 k is where i start considering it decent to good. but anything over 10k is mind bending. mind you, i dont use the score for much other than conversation. i know too many wonderful ladies across the whole range. and there are a good handful that i cant stand to listen to or watch across the range as well. i know that it is a good way to estimate how well the model is doing financially, but thats none of my damn business.
as a member cam score is horrible for determining who to spend time and tokens with. (best guide to that ive found so far is this wonderful tag, ACF. bout guaranteed to find someone amazing).

even if im just randomly bouncing rooms because my brain wont shut down i'd rather go alphabetically, or at least by room population.
I know this is a little late and already sort of talked about, but I really feel that camscore is a shit predictor of overall income. Because it doesn't predict overall income, at all.

In the past, there have been models in the top 20 with camscores of 5k and 2k and such. They were making more than models with 20k camscores, because even though their per hourly earnings were low, they worked much more.

Just because a woman is maintaining a 15k camscore does not mean she is on live cam more than a couple of hours a week. And vice-versa :D

Evvie said:
southsamurai said:
well, for me i would call it "low" if under the 2 k mark. sad if under 800.anything between those i guess would be "lower"

the 2k to 3 k range i would call survivable lol. over 3 k is where i start considering it decent to good. but anything over 10k is mind bending. mind you, i dont use the score for much other than conversation. i know too many wonderful ladies across the whole range. and there are a good handful that i cant stand to listen to or watch across the range as well. i know that it is a good way to estimate how well the model is doing financially, but thats none of my damn business.
as a member cam score is horrible for determining who to spend time and tokens with. (best guide to that ive found so far is this wonderful tag, ACF. bout guaranteed to find someone amazing).

even if im just randomly bouncing rooms because my brain wont shut down i'd rather go alphabetically, or at least by room population.
I know this is a little late and already sort of talked about, but I really feel that camscore is a shit predictor of overall income. Because it doesn't predict overall income, at all.

In the past, there have been models in the top 20 with camscores of 5k and 2k and such. They were making more than models with 20k camscores, because even though their per hourly earnings were low, they worked much more.

Just because a woman is maintaining a 15k camscore does not mean she is on live cam more than a couple of hours a week. And vice-versa :D

This is a great point! I have my camscore at 1400 right now but that's because I want it there. I only log about 6 hours a week on MFC to keep it. If a girl is really innovative she finds a way to get a lot of offline specials and such going so she can raise her score even faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.