AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Will I get in trouble if I use other people's pictures they're using for store items?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically all of my store items are pay my bills and spoil me items, I don't have any physicals I actually send or photosets or anything.

What I'm asking is like, you see how people use graphics like this https://www.manyvids.com/StoreItem/411223/Massage/ and this https://www.manyvids.com/StoreItem/263195/Spoil-Me-Credit-Card-Payment/ would I get in trouble if I just cropped and used these?
These are simple to make yourself. While you’re unlikely to get in trouble w many vids if I saw another creator straight rip off my graphics I’d be pissed.. it’s just icky. Also if a creator saw you and decided to they could dmca you.

Make your own? This could be done in 30 seconds on canva!

Probably not, but if another models sees you did that, depending on the person, they may be annoyed/ very annoyed. However, it would be very simple to use the free version of pixlr to create your own. Here are 3 I just created with the paid version, which isn't that much better, that you (or anyone else) are also free to use. These things look fancier to create and more time consuming, then they actually are. This literally took me less than 5 mins for all 3. Sure I have experience with these programs, but it truly is very simple and fast, even if you are new to them.

ETA; I can happily make you a few more to help you avoid getting in a situation w another model, at no charge or anything. But, honestly, these programs are very easy to learn too.
I pay subscriptions to most of these arty programs, because I take a lot of pleasure in this type of work, but you can do just as good/ better with the free versions. I just can't stand not being able to use certain features and not having full access to all fonts.

Attachments

• PAY MY PHONE BILL.jpg
    PAY MY PHONE BILL.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 9
  • massage background.JPG
    massage background.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 9
  • treat me to pizza.JPG
    treat me to pizza.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: ElGato
These are simple to make yourself. While you’re unlikely to get in trouble w many vids if I saw another creator straight rip off my graphics I’d be pissed.. it’s just icky. Also if a creator saw you and decided to they could dmca you.

Make your own? This could be done in 30 seconds on canva!
does being dmca'd get you removed from manyvids?

and okay, I wasn't sure how people were doing these, so I'm open to making my own

So basically all of my store items are pay my bills and spoil me items, I don't have any physicals I actually send or photosets or anything.

What I'm asking is like, you see how people use graphics like this https://www.manyvids.com/StoreItem/411223/Massage/ and this https://www.manyvids.com/StoreItem/263195/Spoil-Me-Credit-Card-Payment/ would I get in trouble if I just cropped and used these?

I did things like "Buy a one-on-one Hulu movie date with me!"...and just saved the Hulu logo from Google.
"Buy me a dozen crabs!"...and saved a Google image of a bunch of crabs.
"Buy me a Peach Passion Fruit refresher from Dunkin'!"...and saved a Google image of the Peach Passion refresher.

Btw the Peach Passion Fruit refresher was discontinued a little while back. 😭 I guess now I should go into that profile, and change it to an image of the Mango Pineapple refresher. LOL.

Things like "Buy my worn bra or panty"...I just snapped a picture of my bra(s) or panties that's available for sale, or a picture of me wearing it.

I wouldn't take any photos off of a fellow model's profile though.

Reactions: MarieElise
does being dmca'd get you removed from manyvids?

and okay, I wasn't sure how people were doing these, so I'm open to making my own
Try out the free version of canva! We are happy to help folks learn how to do stuff on their own on the forum. If you run into issues, just ask.

With canva you can upload your own pics or use their free stock images. Then slap some text on it in a fun font and you’re done. Dead easy!

Being DMCAed will get it removed yes. It’s also the VERY first step in legal action against you. Most people don’t ever take it further.. or can’t, but I do want to just make sure you realize that

1. This is copyright infringement
2. Copyright infringement is a crime
3. It’s also especially shitty to do to your fellow creators.

Also, if you are selling on MV I recommend you familiarize yourself with DMCA processes - it’s quite probable you’ll need to send them yourself when your content gets leaked.

you can use sites like unsplash and pixabay and pexles to get royalty free stock images to use for the background, import them into canva or even ms paint and just add your text over the top. If you need fonts there's 1000's of royalty free fonts on dafont.com

You can also search youtube for things like "how do I make a thumbnail in canva" and they will go through step by step how to do things

• Helpful!
I did things like "Buy a one-on-one Hulu movie date with me!"...and just saved the Hulu logo from Google.
"Buy me a dozen crabs!"...and saved a Google image of a bunch of crabs.
"Buy me a Peach Passion Fruit refresher from Dunkin'!"...and saved a Google image of the Peach Passion refresher.

Btw the Peach Passion Fruit refresher was discontinued a little while back. 😭 I guess now I should go into that profile, and change it to an image of the Mango Pineapple refresher. LOL.

Things like "Buy my worn bra or panty"...I just snapped a picture of my bra(s) or panties that's available for sale, or a picture of me wearing it.

I wouldn't take any photos off of a fellow model's profile though.

Oh yeah I was totally gonna ask about that too, what is the likelihood the companies would go after you doing that??? I'm super paranoid but there are some brands I'm currently naming but was debating taking them off. I have stuff like buy me pandora jewelry, jewellery from brilliant earth, some lingerie brands, I like to get specific bc it shows personality imo. I also mentioned where i heard about certain stuff, for instance, I have a thing like gift me a toy thst i think will be better than the hitachi based on my favorite sex toy review blogger and named her. I'm started to get worried I need to do a drastic cleaning up already because I only have one 6 minute video out so far so I'm not big or anything and have been focused on store items right now because I started my period lol.

Oh yeah I was totally gonna ask about that too, what is the likelihood the companies would go after you doing that??? I'm super paranoid but there are some brands I'm currently naming but was debating taking them off.

I don't know, and I'm not worried about it. Just like I and lots of other models would cam all the time with copyrighted music playing, and we're not worried about it. But since you mentioned it...I suppose instead of using a Hulu image, I could just use a generic picture (off Google) of a TV screen or film reel or something. And instead of mentioning the word Dunkin', I could just say "a refresher" or "a refreshing beverage"...and use a generic picture of a mango and/or pineapple. :)

I could just use a generic picture (off Google) of a TV screen or film reel or something.
TBH that would probably cause more issues than using the logo's unless you were specifically looking for royalty free images / paying a license through something like adobe stock or shutter stock. Most companies are fine with logo's being used for the purpose of promoting their service which you could argue you are doing. most sites will have a policy for it, you can normally find it within the affiliate sections of the site. I have found often you can even email companies and they will provide you with marketing packs that contain the logo's with a transparent background. OFC it does change company to company, but as long as you arnt using the logo to say you are that company or associated with that company in a way that brings negative attention you are generally fine.

Last edited:
TBH that would probably cause more issues than using the logo's unless you were specifically looking for royalty free images / paying a license through something like adobe stock or shutter stock.

Sorry for the question, but I'm confused on how a generic photo (like the examples below) would cause more issues?

tv.jpg
film.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Sorry for the question, but I'm confused on how a generic photo (like the examples below) would cause more issues?

View attachment 97036
View attachment 97035
Because someone still owns the rights to those images that you haven't paid to use. And generally the people that make these images will issue DMCA's more than a company will for using their logo since images like these are generally licensed as stock images.

You can find royalty free images on unsplash and pixabay and pexles and a few others (google royalty free images for commercial use and you can find a couple of sites), if you search there for what you are looking for the images are usually free for commercial use (some require attribution, others don't).

TBH that would probably cause more issues than using the logo's unless you were specifically looking for royalty free images / paying a license through something like adobe stock or shutter stock. Most companies are fine with logo's being used for the purpose of promoting their service which you could argue you are doing. most sites will have a policy for it, you can normally find it within the affiliate sections of the site. I have found often you can even email companies and they will provide you with marketing packs that contain the logo's with a transparent background. OFC it does change company to company, but as long as you arnt using the logo to say you are that company or associated with that company in a way that brings negative attention you are generally fine.
Now THAT is cool. I absolutely want to do that now. Should I expect to be asked about the nature of my work? If so, what's a good response that's undeniably honest without outing myself? Would it be a bad idea to ask via my cam e-mail?

Oh yeah, I was also wondering if I decide to pay for unsplash+ or something (I know it's frivilous, but honestly I wouldn't mind, it wouldn't be out of character for me in the slightest), would it be possible I'd have issues with being asked by manyvids or someone else to "prove" it, and would doing so necessarily out me?

Now THAT is cool. I absolutely want to do that now. Should I expect to be asked about the nature of my work? If so, what's a good response that's undeniably honest without outing myself? Would it be a bad idea to ask via my cam e-mail?
When I have ever emailed them I just contacted their affiliate support and just asked for them, They either send them or say they don't have them. As for the cam email that's up to you. If they ask why you need them then just say it's for creating a banner / display ad (which technically it is) since even though you are taking payments for your account your still advertising their brand.
Oh yeah, I was also wondering if I decide to pay for unsplash+ or something (I know it's frivilous, but honestly I wouldn't mind, it wouldn't be out of character for me in the slightest), would it be possible I'd have issues with being asked by manyvids or someone else to "prove" it, and would doing so necessarily out me?
I have never needed unsplash+ or a paid stock image service, 99% of the time I can make what I need from their royalty free images. I did pay for license's for music for some of my videos and chaturbate still stripped the audio even after I provided them with the license agreement. You can also get royalty free music normally it needs attribution which can be something as simple as "Music from somesite.com" at the end of your videos. Generally you dont get asked for the license's until someone sends a dmca, then you can provide the license file to have them counter the DMCA or just ignore it.

ETA: if you see a photo on a loyalty free site of like graffiti of a brands logo, the license is basically pointless at that point, learned that from Santa Cruz Skateboards a few years ago.

• Helpful!
@KingMarti you are so knowledgeable and helpful. I'm 8 years in and i still learn a ton reading your posts. Not OP obviously, but super grateful you're always so open and willing to share your knowledge and help 🤍

Status
Not open for further replies.