AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

will new computer help quality?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 18, 2020
my internet is quite good, it has 37.5 download speed and 6.61 upload speed. However, today i cammed for like an hour and had only like 8 viewers. I search myself up through my phone and my stream was SUPER SLOW. I was moving so lagged and slow, cb did say my frames were low but i didnt know it would look THAT BAD. I have a macbook air, do you think the computer is the problem? i was thinking of getting an acer predator helios 300 computer but im scared the quality will be as bad after paying for it. Will the quality improve with that computer? Thanks!

ok! ill tell you through private message
why does that need to be private? posting it here might help others with your situation.

Upvote 0
why does that need to be private? posting it here might help others with your situation.
ooh since i dont know much about tech i was scared this info was considered personal info
so here it is:

my obs output is: video bitrate=1650kbps, my base canvas resolution is 1920x1080, my output resolution is 640x360, my common FPS values is 30.
my laptop specs are: processor= 1,6 GHz inter core i5 of double nucleus, memory= 8GB 2133 MHz, graphics= inter UHD graphics 617 1536 MB, storage= 28,94GB available

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
Output resolution and bitrate are super low. I don't even watch cams that are lower than 720p because they look too blurry to me. My OBS is set to 1080p/30fps/6000kbps but I have a good PC and a C922 webcam.

Your laptop could be better but all you need is one with a decent processor and webcam.

You could also try generating a new streaming key on the CB broadcast page and updating that in OBS, as well as switching to the Global Backup Server.

Reactions: romanholiday
Upvote 0
Output resolution and bitrate are super low. I don't even watch cams that are lower than 720p because they look too blurry to me. My OBS is set to 1080p/30fps/6000kbps but I have a good PC and a C922 webcam.

Your laptop could be better but all you need is one with a decent processor and webcam.

You could also try generating a new streaming key on the CB broadcast page and updating that in OBS, as well as switching to the Global Backup Server.
i changed my video output to 6000kbps, my output resolution to 1920x1080 and my common fps value to 60. I did a streaming test and my bitrate kept oscillating all the way from 5000kbps to 1620 and in between. my frame rate also went from 63fps and then dropped to 0 quickly and then back up again. Anyone knows whats wrong?

Upvote 0
i changed my video output to 6000kbps, my output resolution to 1920x1080 and my common fps value to 60. I did a streaming test and my bitrate kept oscillating all the way from 5000kbps to 1620 and in between. my frame rate also went from 63fps and then dropped to 0 quickly and then back up again. Anyone knows whats wrong?

I think your upload speed to is too low. Try 720p/30fps/4000-5000kbps.

Upvote 0
I think your upload speed to is too low. Try 720p/30fps/4000-5000kbps.
ok i changed it how you said only that my video output at 5000kbps. It worked better than before, although it did oscillate again. my bitrate kept passing the low threshold and my fps too. do you think it has to do with my internet speed? what would be the ideal upload speed? i did buy a ethernet cable hope that works better!

Upvote 0
I have 20mbps upload so that gives me a lot of leeway with my settings. 4000-5000kbps should be enough but I set it a bit higher to allow for dips.

You can experiment with the encoder, rate control, downscale filter, quality preset etc to balance visuals vs performance. I have buffering disabled because it creates lag between what you do and what the user sees but it could help. Disable Look-Ahead and Psycho Visual Tuning. Set the Keyframe Interval and Max B-frames to 2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have 20mbps upload so that gives me a lot of leeway with my settings. 5000kbps is enough but I set it a bit higher to allow for dips.

You can experiment with the encoder, rate control, downscale filter, quality preset etc to balance visuals vs performance. I have buffering disabled because it creates lag between what you do and what the user sees but it could help. Disable Look-Ahead and Psycho Visual Tuning. Set the Keyframe Interval and Max B-frames to 2
are you refering to OBS? cause my obs doesnt have that many stuff, where do i find all that?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
As to the original question hardware question, the Acer Predator Helios 300 would certainly increase stability but your upload speed is rather low and you'll be bottlenecked because of it, you won't have much increase in quality and for just stability it's a bit overkill. Before making such a substantial hardware investment i'd advice to look into improving internet, if that proves impossible a more sensible and less expensive laptop might be better match.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
my internet is quite good, it has 37.5 download speed and 6.61 upload speed. However, today i cammed for like an hour and had only like 8 viewers. I search myself up through my phone and my stream was SUPER SLOW. I was moving so lagged and slow, cb did say my frames were low but i didnt know it would look THAT BAD. I have a macbook air, do you think the computer is the problem? i was thinking of getting an acer predator helios 300 computer but im scared the quality will be as bad after paying for it. Will the quality improve with that computer? Thanks!
Macbooks aint the best option for camming.
It takes some tweaking to get OBS running stable.
Helped a friend with her macbook a while back and it took me a few hours to get everything running smooth.
Depending on which GPU you have it can help to install some encoder extensions

Upvote 1
Status
Not open for further replies.