AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

working on MFC?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 17, 2010
hi :) I'm Lola, from the uk

first post here and I am thinking of setting up as a model on MFC, I haven't worked on a cam site before, nor done any shows, what is the site like from a working perspective and how long did it roughly take for you to build a fan base etc, are the payments on time? what problems have you encountered? (if any) I understand that it's probably the best site to work on and the tokens tipped easily mount up pretty quickly as long as you are entertaining and can banter. I was recommended the site by my lovely friend drew who is a member.

it looks like a job I'd enjoy doing and I just want to be independent rather than relying on my bf for money, I don't do anything at the moment, so I'd have enough time to throw myself into it and he would appreciate me contributing something to the household!

Disregarding anything you said, sorry, but all I saw your name as before I read the first sentence was LolABaby. Yeah. Been a long of night internetz.

Also, welcome.

Welcome, most of your questions have some answers tho out the forum. I'm sure Amber would say make your self at home and look around :)

lolababy said:
oh dear... maybe I should change this... :D

Hah! Well I can go adjust it so the caps make it look less like LoL A Baby and more like LolaBaby :D

As far as MFC... since you're in the UK I am not sure payment is as easy, but I have direct deposit and it always comes fast and correct. While the model client software has its glitches, it's actually pretty easy to use and has more features than I think most sites have. MFC has great traffic, and a fun (sometimes brutally honest, hah) community of members. I would actually recommend MFC to anyone trying out camming for the first time, since the rules are so open and allow you to be more free than other sites. I also like that each girl is getting the same payout from tokens, instead of other sites where you set your own %. That can be confusing.

It took me a couple of months to find my fan base and really fall into my groove. But I also got lucky and was popular to start with. The time it takes to be successful on there differs with each girl. Just gotta be prepared for exactly how you want to do your shows before you go on for the first time. Get an idea how the site works, how the other girls operate, and make sure all your lighting and cam quality is super.

Once you create your model account, follow the instructions in the announcement section and I can give you access to the model section. :)

Yeah, I've been looking at the site quite a bit (so many apparent rule breaking :O ) that's what kinda confused me, but I guess if you have a good personality then you don't have to break rules and/or beg for tips I think I've seen your show a couple of times actually, you are really good!

From what I can gather theres a direct payment option for people outside the states, but I'll have to look into this more

I still need to get some government ID because I don't have any at the moment apart from a birth cert, but when I have it I should set up an account, thanks for your help :)

Please adjust the caps on my name, it's totally facepalm!

Hi Lola, I'm a UK camgirl too, and thought I would offer you my 2p on payments :)

You can be paid via direct deposit into your UK bank account...however, they will totally rape you with their exchange rate. The times I have been paid that way I have 'lost' a couple of hundred dollars, which is maddening. I used to exclusively get paid with epassporte, which was like a pre-paid visa card, I'm sure if you look around the forums you will find a few posts as to why we don't use that anymore. MFC have now switched to payoneer which you can easily google and check out their website. You are issued with a card and can withdraw cash which is what I do.

The exchange rate is superb compared with regular banks using these methods, and with payoneer you can withdraw up to $2500 a day, unlike epassporte which only let you take out $500 or something, which is why when I had a bumper payday I used a direct deposit, which I swore never to do again until epassporte died and we had to use our banks until payoneer became available.

As far as MFC go, they are fantastic at paying on time. I have never had any problems. Pay days are the 1st and the 16th of the month, and right up until midnight PST your tokens count towards what you will be paid the next day, unlike some sites that pay you a week after the pay period changes.

MFC is by far the best site I have ever worked, we all like to moan about it but its definitely a love hate relationship members and models have with it!

Good luck and feel free to drop by my room any time if you like.

Fluff xxx

Yeah, I had looked at payoneer, but isn't it also a prepaid visa which is what epassporte was? I'll have another look at their page again and see if I can understand it.

I already know I'm gonna have to do twice as much to make up for the crappy exchange rate, which quite frankly, sucks.

I'll try and drop by your room :)

Ok, ignore what I said about payoneer having a good exchange rate. It doesn't. :(

I used it for the first time today, and just checked my balance. A £500 withdrawal showed up as $829. If I was using epassporte this would have been about $750. Sooo I am going to have to evaluate my currency converting. I found a bloomberg one which is closer to the truth and will have to do all my sums using that. I'm not even sure if I am better off using my bank now...really shocked about this and feel a bit silly for bigging up payoneer before checking the facts. I stupidly assumed it would work out roughly the same as epassporte did. :x

*Needs sympathy from the girls* :violin:

guess I'll have to explore all the payment options and work out the best deal! exchange rates change all the time, so maybe it's better to keep track of them and withdraw money when they are low?

LolaBaby said:
guess I'll have to explore all the payment options and work out the best deal! exchange rates change all the time, so maybe it's better to keep track of them and withdraw money when they are low?
You could also open a US$ account and have them pay you as your money is due, and then exchange for sterling as you see fit. Having the money in your bank account >>>> keeping the money in their bank account.

If you don't have any ID, http://www.adultwork.com lets you sign up and start camming without any ID.
Although it's totally different from MFC, like, you don't have to cam for free, also you can easily sell pictures and videos there. :D
Oh and you can get paid by cheque or bank transfer on adultwork. :)

FluffyDoll said:
Ok, ignore what I said about payoneer having a good exchange rate. It doesn't. :(

I used it for the first time today, and just checked my balance. A £500 withdrawal showed up as $829. If I was using epassporte this would have been about $750. Sooo I am going to have to evaluate my currency converting. I found a bloomberg one which is closer to the truth and will have to do all my sums using that. I'm not even sure if I am better off using my bank now...really shocked about this and feel a bit silly for bigging up payoneer before checking the facts. I stupidly assumed it would work out roughly the same as epassporte did. :x

*Needs sympathy from the girls* :violin:

Jebus, this is so confusing to me!! I just get a direct deposit, I don't understand exchange rates etc It hurts my brain. Will you stop using Payoneer now then? I read some tweets last week about a British chick not being able to withdraw her money from the ATMs here so perhaps it's not the best option anymore. Stupid Paypal should let us use them, they're losing so much monies.

Lola, I haven't had any problems with MFC so far.. paydays are on time. The 16th fell on a Saturday this month and I didn't receive my direct deposit until Tuesday 19th because they didn't process payments until the Monday obviously cos the banks weren't open. I usually have the funds ready in my bank account the day after the pay period ends if it's on a weekday.

AW is great for earning a bunch of money quickly but it can be exhausting. It's private after private after group after sitting in freeview for ages... So perhaps MFC will be best for you to start with.

I've been on MFC for three months now and I think I'm building up my following nicely. I've noticed that I've got a few followers who've been there for me from the start but don't spend huge amounts, but actual regulars who spend loads come and go.. sometimes I'll get a big spender and won't see him for a while and someone else will take his place. I think it's ever changing but it's only been three months so I guess I'm still relatively new.

Let us know if you do decide to go ahead with it, I'm sure we can give you some tips to help you in the beginning.

in the UK i don't understand why you would not get direct deposit of USD to a bank account.

FluffyDoll said:
Hi Lola, I'm a UK camgirl too, and thought I would offer you my 2p on payments :)

You can be paid via direct deposit into your UK bank account...however, they will totally rape you with their exchange rate. The times I have been paid that way I have 'lost' a couple of hundred dollars, which is maddening. I used to exclusively get paid with epassporte, which was like a pre-paid visa card, I'm sure if you look around the forums you will find a few posts as to why we don't use that anymore. MFC have now switched to payoneer which you can easily google and check out their website. You are issued with a card and can withdraw cash which is what I do.

Fluff xxx

:eek: :? my bank only takes 5 euro from my payments that come in... but thats for about 100,200 dollars...

btw it anoys the shit out of me that mfc doesnt use paypal... i know they dont accept payments from the adult industry..
but its the only payout thingie i trust (also ideal but thats for paying)
never even wanna try espasprte and very thankful i lead my intuttion...
better loose some money to the bank then the shit going on there...

Lily: Yea after my payoneer thing, I decided to go with direct deposit into my bank from now on. The only reason I was reluctant to do that in the past was because epassporte paid out more pounds than the bank's exchange rate, but with payoneer not doing the same it will make things much easier to do it this way.

Tasha: It sucks don't it :( I will now have to make more tokens to get paid the same as before lol oh well, onwards and upwards!

FluffyDoll said:
Lily: Yea after my payoneer thing, I decided to go with direct deposit into my bank from now on. The only reason I was reluctant to do that in the past was because epassporte paid out more pounds than the bank's exchange rate, but with payoneer not doing the same it will make things much easier to do it this way.

Tasha: It sucks don't it :( I will now have to make more tokens to get paid the same as before lol oh well, onwards and upwards!

well i guess working in the adult industry comes with a prize...

i think you mean "with a price", how Freudian. :ugeek:

yeah lily, that's what I was thinking, that mfc is a good site to start out on.

I've looked into getting a usd account with a bank, but have only scratched the surface really.

tried to post my passport form today, but the post office were being arses, grrr.

Status
Not open for further replies.