AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Monogamy on a site like MFC?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2013
I've heard of this site before from fellow MFC members but never really browsed around until today because I was bored. Glad I did as it showed me a world where a lot more members and models do genuinely care about things and are not complete zombies as I thought. Anyways, that's for another discussion.

Today I wanted your perspective on my situation I thought about after reading some posts on here.

Been on MFC for almost a year now and have developed a good rapport with a handful of models. As we all do, I have a few personal favorites who I tip more than the others. The other day, one of my favorites genuinely blew up on me after she found out I tipped another model a high amount. This is a few months after she rejected me when I told her that I liked her (which I genuinely did). She made it very clear that a relationship can never form between us at the time (and nothing has changed), so it's not because she likes me.

All of this made me wonder, how is it fair that a model should expect monogamy from members? Models are expected to entertain and make guys enjoy themselves, one way or another for a living, after all.

TheProfessor said:
I've heard of this site before from fellow MFC members but never really browsed around until today because I was bored. Glad I did as it showed me a world where a lot more members and models do genuinely care about things and are not complete zombies as I thought. Anyways, that's for another discussion.

Today I wanted your perspective on my situation I thought about after reading some posts on here.

Been on MFC for almost a year now and have developed a good rapport with a handful of models. As we all do, I have a few personal favorites who I tip more than the others. The other day, one of my favorites genuinely blew up on me after she found out I tipped another model a high amount. This is a few months after she rejected me when I told her that I liked her (which I genuinely did). She made it very clear that a relationship can never form between us at the time (and nothing has changed), so it's not because she likes me.

All of this made me wonder, how is it fair that a model should expect monogamy from members? Models are expected to entertain and make guys enjoy themselves, one way or another for a living, after all.

My response to similar thoughts a few months ago.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 1&#p399430

TheProfessor said:

I don't think models should expect monogamy from members at all. (Likewise, obviously I don't think members should expect monogamy from models.)

Admittedly, I might get a slight pang of "omg what did I do" if I log in and see my member-friends on and they don't come into my room, but I know the fun of MFC is exploring lots of rooms and getting to know lots of people. I would never expect that they stop seeing or tipping other girls. In fact, a lot of girls will encourage their friends to go see other models ("my friend ModelXOXO is on tonight! She's so cute, check her out!") or even organize tip raids where they'll take their guys into other girls rooms and shower them with tokens.

A model who yells at you for tipping other girls is not a model I'd want to hang out with. It kinda seems entitled, like she feels entitled to all your tokens, and that doesn't jive with me. :twocents-02cents:

well for centuries men could have multiple wives.. and expected monogamy from them...

so perhaps this is swinging the universal balance back to center??

Jk.
jealousy happens to almost everyone. But when we take it out on members (our income... lets not forget) its not a good thing.

It happens a lot, and no its not really acceptable in most sane people's books.

I certainly don't! There are so many beautiful and talented ladies, how can you choose?!?! When I personally perv I am constantly going back and forth. :shifty: :shhh: I think as long as you stop by and contribute occasionally, to let her know you still enjoy her, that there should not be a problem!

Generally speaking I don't expect members to only visit me, is not fair to them and not fair to other girls. However, there are instances where you need to step carefully. Don't tell a model "I would tip you but I just dropped a ton of cash on x-model" Or talk about how you're broke and can't tip only to drop a bomb on someone else. It can be hurtful to a model to think that you feel you have to be dishonest with her to justify hanging out in her room.

Diana Blake made me realize what's probably bugging my lady the most. I know she creeps around a lot and sees me tipping others. I never really considered how it could be hurtful because I never really put myself in that position. Of course I too would be hurt / jealous that someone else got tipped higher instead of me.

GenXoxo also very good point about how members should not expect monogamy as well. Learned that the very hard way getting burned a few times.

Thank you to everyone else who responded as well. Even the joke responses. Really makes a newbie like me feel at home and like I am going to have a good time here on ACF :)

TheProfessor said:
Diana Blake made me realize what's probably bugging my lady the most. I know she creeps around a lot and sees me tipping others. I never really considered how it could be hurtful because I never really put myself in that position. Of course I too would be hurt / jealous that someone else got tipped higher instead of me

I think Diana's point was not that you should have to tip all the models you visit equally or that you need to worry about model a being in the room as a guest when you tip-bomb model b; but rather you just don't tell model a that you gave model b a mega-tip (or model c, or d, or e...).

As a member, it's kind of your right to spend the tokens that you bought with your own money however you see fit, and you should never have to justify to anyone your rationale for tipping one model more or less than another. Just always keep in mind that models be real people with real feelings, and just like anybody else, they're susceptible to jealousy. If they just happen to be in another model's room when you decide to tip big and they get jealous, that's unfortunate but unavoidable and they have no right to give you shit for it. But if you were to waltz into their room and suddenly declare that you can't really tip them tonight 'cos you just spent all your tokens in another model's room, then you're effectively rubbing shit in their face and they'd be completely justified in giving you a verbal beatdown.

I guess I look at this more simply than others. This is a masturbatory site and nothing more. Strippers, bartenders, and camgirls are your service providers..not your friends or significant others and many members feel, but thats a different discussion.

Anyways...every single one of my "preferred" models knows that I go to other rooms and pay for their services as well. I have made it clear to them that sometimes I am in the mood for a show they aren't willing to provide. This isn't marriage people. If your wife will not give up the ass...you do not get to go to someone else. On mfc it is perfectly ok to do such, and expected. For a model to think otherwise is naive. My friends...err..preferred models all know that I come to them for some good sexy convo...but...sometimes I have to get my fisting shows elsewhere. Thats crude, but its also reality.

I had a "preferred" do something similar to what was mentioned in the beginning post. I basically told her she fucks herself for other members, so therefore it is ok for me to pay other models to do the same. She wanted to argue..and I immediately hit the ignore and hide buttons...NO THANKS!!

Reactions: TheProfessor
Ataboy said:
I guess I look at this more simply than others. This is a masturbatory site and nothing more. Strippers, bartenders, and camgirls are your service providers..not your friends or significant others and many members feel, but thats a different discussion.
You seem to differ a lot from most of the members on this forum if you see it that way.

I do not consider myself a mere "service provider" for the guys who have been coming into my room and chatting with me on a regular basis for months or even 1+ years. I do seem them as my online friends, or MFC friends. I genuinely care about them and I know that lots of other girls, especially on ACF, feel that way too. If you had access to the models only section you'd know that there's not a "tip me or gtfo" mentality going on in our heads.
Members come to MFC for different reasons and if someone establishes a friendly, 'friendshippy' connection to a model and it makes his life a little better then that shouldn't be discouraged by saying that models can't be your friends, ever. Because that's not the case at all.

Sorry to resurrect this old post, but been a way for a bit and wanted to give my :twocents-02cents: on the last few posts.

For Bob's post, completely agree with you if that was the case. But in my situation, I was seeking a relationship out of her, so that's where her expectations came from. Like you said, we all have feelings and emotions, guess she just got jealous.

For Ataboy, you're right. Not to disagree with LilyMarie, but I sometimes wish I did take a bit of Ataboy's perspective. It is a place where we can fulfill our wants and desires as everyone is doing something a bit different. Instead of keeping it strictly friendship at best, I fell too deeply.

The only time I've been remotely annoyed by a guy tipping/contributing to other girls instead of me was when a long term reg was going through "financial problems" (which is fine) but then started literally begging for freebies, wanted free cam time and content sending before he could pay because he "loved me" and then I found out the reason he was having financial problems was because he'd blown his monthly allowance on like 5/6 other girls. I'm happy to still chat with guys who aren't paying and such but I didn't appreciate the begging when he clearly did have the money to spend and was just choosing to spend it elsewhere :think:

In that case though I wasn't really that I was expecting him to only spend on me, just that I was expecting him to stop being such an asshat.

Other than that though I quite often point guys in the direction of girls I enjoy watching when I'm not getting online or whatever.

TheProfessor said:

So rereading the OP made me think of a different angle to this dilemma...

In high school, i remember a girl had a crush on me but i never reciprocated the feelings toward her. I made it clear i didn't have any romantic interest. Later on, i found out she developed a crush for another guy, in which i became overburdened with extreme jealousy. It wasn't that i suddenly became interested in her, but i realize now that it was a matter of taking the situation for granted. I was jealous that the attention was no longer on me, and focused on another guy. At the time, i never realized how much i took for granted of the attention i received and thus the jealousy hit me like a ton of bricks. Since then, i've come to realize that situations such as the one i share with you are rather common, as others have went through the same occurrence.

So in essence, i wonder if this is simply a matter of monogamy for your money, or more than that? Is it an issue of jealousy because she feels the attention has gone to a different model? While i don't know full context of your situation, i'm wondering if she feels flattered knowing that she receives extra special attention from you. You, having made a large tip toward another model, may signify to your favorite model-crush that the special attention is being focused towards another. If that were the case, then it would definitely be more than just about money. Or maybe i'm reading too deep into this. I'm just wondering here..... :think:

Ive had some members talk to me about models getting jealous about them being in another girls room. or asking me to take a HT off my page because they dont want the other model to see.
Thats just awful.
You (models like that) seriously think/expect a guy is going to watch you and only you? I don't get that logic.

The only situation I can think of where it would be acceptable for a model to expect a member to watch her and only her, and tip her and only her, is if he's shelling out big bucks for her to domme him. Otherwise, we have to realize we're not the only ones with those regulars. I will occasionally see one of my regulars in another model's room when I'm on my perv account, and usually for a good show. I enjoy myself and have fun, because that's the way the site works.

Status
Not open for further replies.